Manchester United

redrus

Manchester United have been cleared to launch a floatation on the Singapore Stock Market.

Permission was granted on Friday, so United are now free to open dialogue with potential investors.

Although precise details of United's plans are yet to be announced, it is thought the Glazer family are looking to sell 25% of the club, which they hope will net them £600million.

It has been suggested two-thirds of United's offering will be in preferred shares, which may carry at least double the dividend of ordinary stock while lacking voting rights.

That dual-share structure would allow the Glazer family to retain control of the football club after the IPO (initial public offering).

United this month posted a record full-year operating profit of £110.9million to 30th June.

Opponents of the Glazer regime have already called for the proceeds from any partial sale to be used to clear the club's debt, although it is not known how the American owners managed to pay off £220million of payment-in-kind notes in November last year.

Meanwhile, another twist in the saga has emerged following claims the Qatari Royal Family are set to have another go at buying the Premier League champions.

The Glazer family are believed to have snubbed previous interest from the mega-rich Middle East country, although with market conditions currently volatile, they may now look more favourably on a dealOld-Trafford-General-London-2012-Olympics-Ven_2626592.jpg

Edited by MrRed

I have two season tickets(family) and am never forced to go also they are used every game by mates ,in fact i struggle to get tickets for the away games when i am back in UK and the finals of course,i even struggle to get the book for a home game nowadays.i think the football we are playing at the moment kids should be forced to go biggrin.gif i think you also do not know about the ticket swap and return schemes that have been in place a few years now also the membership package at United is good value.

OK, you are not forced to go but you are forced to pay for them. Yes, I do know about the swap but it's up to you to get rid of them if you don't want to go. The club don't care cos they have already forced you to buy them. Sorry Red, you can butter it up which ever way you want but I prefer the way City and most other clubs let the fans decide on which games they wish to purchase tickets for.

As for season ticket prices being good value. 950 quid for a top price ticket for 19 prem games isn't really good value.

I have two season tickets(family) and am never forced to go also they are used every game by mates ,in fact i struggle to get tickets for the away games when i am back in UK and the finals of course,i even struggle to get the book for a home game nowadays.i think the football we are playing at the moment kids should be forced to go biggrin.gif i think you also do not know about the ticket swap and return schemes that have been in place a few years now also the membership package at United is good value.

There is and and has been a long waiting list for season tickets,not bad for the attendance.

do united still do that compulsory cup game thing with the season tickets? remember that pissing a couple of mates off that.

OK, you are not forced to go but you are forced to pay for them. Yes, I do know about the swap but it's up to you to get rid of them if you don't want to go. The club don't care cos they have already forced you to buy them. Sorry Red, you can butter it up which ever way you want but I prefer the way City and most other clubs let the fans decide on which games they wish to purchase tickets for.

As for season ticket prices being good value. 950 quid for a top price ticket for 19 prem games isn't really good value.

19 GAMES season ticket at United? come on mate stop clouding matters and also the top price! you are also getting access to god knows how many champions league and domestic cup games.

You know as well as i do that it is never a problem getting rid even for the games against Blackburn or Wigan. I know where your coming from but it will happen at City if they become the massive club you are hoping,United are not that expensive to watch as some of the lower London clubs for instance.

There is and and has been a long waiting list for season tickets,not bad for the attendance.

do united still do that compulsory cup game thing with the season tickets? remember that pissing a couple of mates off that.

Yep

19 GAMES season ticket at United? come on mate stop clouding matters and also the top price! you are also getting access to god knows how many champions league and domestic cup games.

You know as well as i do that it is never a problem getting rid even for the games against Blackburn or Wigan. I know where your coming from but it will happen at City if they become the massive club you are hoping,United are not that expensive to watch as some of the lower London clubs for instance.

Well if you are happy having to pay for all games up front and then having the hassle of getting rid, that's fine. But you are probably the only utd fan I know who is.

As for the price. So you don't think the average working man is getting priced out? I did state it's the top price. How much do you pay then?

1,400 a season for the pair Stretford end,they are in the family now and always have been.

Years ago we had them in The old cantilever F stand before it got pulled down right in line with the stretford end goal line,i used to love it as a kid looking down on the strettie watching it sway from side to side and up and down....also watching Stevie Coppell and Gordon Hill dribbling down the wings,Tommy Docs boys we won fuc_k all then by the way wink.gif

As for the average man getting priced out at around 35 quid a game normally once a fortnight is about ok! if your earning and from Manchester,if you are travelling then that is a different story.

Hey Red, big story in the mirror (yes I know) today saying Qataris will be in Manchester on Monday to finalize the deal.

My question is if this is true (unlikely), how could they own us and PSG?

I will be surprised if anything happens at the moment especially with this offering in Asia,but they cannot own two clubs in England but there maybe laws that(hoops)they can bypass that involve different countrys ......isn't Abramovic involved heavily with another club also i remember some Brazilian club is owned by another collector!

Interesting if it does happen.....City and United playing pre season derbys in the gulf.

Great result! another three points which takes us clear biggrin.gif

Good game fair to say we were a little lucky to be three goals up at half time,a lot of chances that where missed by both sides and will be remembered by the lady-boys miss laugh.gif

Still trying to work out how A Cole remained on the pitch for that nasty challenge on Hernandez and how if he got booked why it was not a penalty?? OK......the ball goes out of play so what! he spoke to the linesman and then booked Cole for a foul in the box angry.gifblink.gifblink.gif so it was a penalty wasn't it?

Really do not understand that one at all.

Great match last night, but i'm a bit worried about our center midfield...looked very weak.

Fletch doesn't look the player he used to (maybe still needs more matches though to get back to 100%)

Anderson only seems to shine when playing with Cleverley, he made some shockingly bad passes yesterday.

Carrick...it really hit me yesterday just how bad he has become. I think he should join a rugby team instead because i don't think i've ever seen him pass the ball forward...?

Park...only seems to play well in a 5 man midfield as the extra man (which is a great at), but i can't see him dominating with a partner in the middle

For me Cleverley is the key, if we can get him fit quickly and keep him for the season i think we'll run away with the season, but without him i think there is going to be a whole in the middle.

Or do you think i'm expecting too much out of this young lad?

Great match last night, but i'm a bit worried about our center midfield...looked very weak.

Fletch doesn't look the player he used to (maybe still needs more matches though to get back to 100%)

Anderson only seems to shine when playing with Cleverley, he made some shockingly bad passes yesterday.

Carrick...it really hit me yesterday just how bad he has become. I think he should join a rugby team instead because i don't think i've ever seen him pass the ball forward...?

Park...only seems to play well in a 5 man midfield as the extra man (which is a great at), but i can't see him dominating with a partner in the middle

For me Cleverley is the key, if we can get him fit quickly and keep him for the season i think we'll run away with the season, but without him i think there is going to be a whole in the middle.

Or do you think i'm expecting too much out of this young lad?

Yes, you are a club in crisis. 5 games, 15 points.

Fergie described the game as being like basketball,end to end, and can't disagree with that.Despite a nice 3 points if you played like that every week you would get punished more times than not.

Roo spent time during the week describing his new Nike boots as fantastic, and he had a hand in their design. perhaps they can start again and put some studs on them,that penalty could have been crucial.

On that horror "tackle" (assault) by Cole the ref is going to say that play was completed ,not good enough for me ,watched the replay could have broken his leg.

Nani fantastic again and no play acting.Young's crosses are sublime.Evans big improvement over last year. No Ferdinand ??injured ??

One thing that really concerns me is the intensity that Smalling and Jones are playing at.Fantastic to watch but these are still young men and their bodies can't stand up to that week in week out. Smalling has a strained groin and Jones looked absolutely knackered and was limping.Hopefully Ferdinand and Vidic can get back sooner than later to give them a rest ,the game schedule is nearly 2 games a week and England duties on top of that.

Finally hope all the doomsday crowd can get off De Gea's back. He will be a great asset for United.

We had a really young and in-experienced defence yesterday(Evra aside)and it showed when Chelsea got at us...... also they easily got at Jones and Evans in the centre because the two centre midfielders who have not played together much gave the ball away far to many times for my liking,and left them exposed too much.

I think you are asking much of Tom Cleverly but he will come back and do a job,it remains the only position we need a top class performer.

Carrick is becoming a bit like Ray Wilkins the crab and Fletcher seems to need some more games to get back to his best.

A kick in the <deleted> for Fabio when he brought Valencia on at full back i thought.

Still it was a great result as i said earlier and against one of the two teams that will challenge us for the league(other one City of course)so the +++++ Goalie did well again Jones is fantastic,Smalling gets better every game and Rooney and Nani where brilliant ........Young is going to be a really good buy for us too!

Back to the centre we have Park and Giggs who can play there at the moment but it still is the position we needed a strong experienced playmaker/runner for the Champions league,i think the squad we have for premier league is good enough to win it.

The good news also is when Vidic is back Jones has already shown he is capable of playing midfield so maybe he will be given a chance their?

A big welcome awaits Manyoo at Elland Road tonight. We know how much the Reds love playing the lilly whites.

In normal circumstances I'm sure you guys would be quite happy seeing the back of the Milk Cup, though somehow I think you might be trying (and succeeding) quite hard tonight :rolleyes:.

We had a really young and in-experienced defence yesterday(Evra aside)and it showed when Chelsea got at us...... also they easily got at Jones and Evans in the centre because the two centre midfielders who have not played together much gave the ball away far to many times for my liking,and left them exposed too much.

I think you are asking much of Tom Cleverly but he will come back and do a job,it remains the only position we need a top class performer.

Carrick is becoming a bit like Ray Wilkins the crab and Fletcher seems to need some more games to get back to his best.

A kick in the <deleted> for Fabio when he brought Valencia on at full back i thought.

Still it was a great result as i said earlier and against one of the two teams that will challenge us for the league(other one City of course)so the +++++ Goalie did well again Jones is fantastic,Smalling gets better every game and Rooney and Nani where brilliant ........Young is going to be a really good buy for us too!

Back to the centre we have Park and Giggs who can play there at the moment but it still is the position we needed a strong experienced playmaker/runner for the Champions league,i think the squad we have for premier league is good enough to win it.

The good news also is when Vidic is back Jones has already shown he is capable of playing midfield so maybe he will be given a chance their?

I going to agree with you again Red. Jones is a fantastic player, and does seem to play anywhere!! Vidic and Ferdinand must be feeling that little bit older than they might with competition like Jones and Smalling in the ranks.

Good news that Welbeck will be back tonight,who else plays is anybody's guess but i think a sensible mix to beat the scum would be good ph34r.gif

Carmine that is the best of all about the emergence of Jones and Smalling the old boys will be kept on there toes now wink.gif obviously SAF new what he was doing getting rid of Brown and O'Shea,we do have some very good defenders at the club now.

Still rankles with me though not getting WS or someone of that class.Cleverly is great but still inexperienced in Europe and as for attacking central midfielders that actually play in the center we have nobody else really.

Good news that Welbeck will be back tonight,who else plays is anybody's guess but i think a sensible mix to beat the scum would be good ph34r.gif

Carmine that is the best of all about the emergence of Jones and Smalling the old boys will be kept on there toes now wink.gif obviously SAF new what he was doing getting rid of Brown and O'Shea,we do have some very good defenders at the club now.

Still rankles with me though not getting WS or someone of that class.Cleverly is great but still inexperienced in Europe and as for attacking central midfielders that actually play in the center we have nobody else really.

The only weaklink i can see is Jonny Evans. He's not dreadful but he's certainly not very good. Mindyou, the others are probbly good enough to cover for him

Getting WS would have been nice and i still want Messi to sign for Spurs but after 15 points and an away draw at Benfica i can't quite see the gaping hole in his absense. ;)

Edited by carmine

The only weaklink i can see is Jonny Evans. He's not dreadful but he's certainly not very good. Mindyou, the others are probbly good enough to cover for him

Getting WS would have been nice and i still want Messi to sign for Spurs but after 15 points and an away draw at Benfica i can't quite see the gaping hole in his absense. ;)

Yep Evans at the moment is the one who will drop out when Vidic is back,maybe we will just let Rooney play there(midfield) he seems to go where ever he like anyway wink.gif

Evans has me kind of at a loss.

When i first saw him at United i thought he was great and would be an excellent defender in the future for United.

The last couple of seasons he's looked worse and worse and a big liability.

Then at the weekend versus Chelsea he played really well. Looked really confident on the ball playing some great cross field passes.

I just don't get it, you just never know who you are gonna get...could be a deer caught in the headlines one week, or the next great hope the next week.

I really hope he can continue on with this form and get some consistency.

Evans has me kind of at a loss.

When i first saw him at United i thought he was great and would be an excellent defender in the future for United.

The last couple of seasons he's looked worse and worse and a big liability.

Then at the weekend versus Chelsea he played really well. Looked really confident on the ball playing some great cross field passes.

I just don't get it, you just never know who you are gonna get...could be a deer caught in the headlines one week, or the next great hope the next week.

I really hope he can continue on with this form and get some consistency.

Love the avatar biggrin.gif

Slow on the turn and at the top level he gets found out,shame as you say because he reads the game ok and his passing is good,the difference in him and Jones is clear to see and Smalling at the moment would be the preferred partner..... but saying all that he is good for cover when we need him.

Slow on the turn and at the top level he gets found out,shame as you say because he reads the game ok and his passing is good,the difference in him and Jones is clear to see and Smalling at the moment would be the preferred partner..... but saying all that he is good for cover when we need him.

He's a bit unlucky that he's come through at the same time as Jones/Smalling, because i cannot think of too many defenders that can hold a candle to those two, imagine how good they'll be a few years?

I'm not sure why SAF doesn't play Smalling and Jones in the middle right now and put Fabio out on the right?

I hear what you are saying but they are still young and need looking after,Jones look knackered at the weekend and at the moment he is buzzing with it all but you only have to look at the injury to Smalling to see what can happen with to many games at such high intensity.

Vidic and Ferdinand will be back at the centre soon together make no mistake about that and it is good for these two and others to take their time because as you say the future is there's for sure!

Evans has been a squad player at United since 2008 not just come through recently,that is why he bought Smalling and Jones he knows he will always be a squad player.

Bit of Trivia. Nani has played 100 games for United and has scored 19 goals, same stat as Christiano Ronaldo after his first 100 games .Nani has created about 30% more assists.Of course later in his United carrer Ronaldo was a scoring machine ,wil Nani follow suit.Don't like comparisons :( source BBC