Manchester United

redrus

I am sure they will show it, check the live tv guide tomorrow afternoon.

If it makes you feel better mate i think you'll cope better with Basle than you did with Stoke. :D

Still no mention from the regular posters of where it went wrong on saturday ;) ...... perhaps they are waiting for the next win before they post again :D

If it makes you feel better mate i think you'll cope better with Basle than you did with Stoke. :D

Still no mention from the regular posters of where it went wrong on saturday ;) ...... perhaps they are waiting for the next win before they post again :D

Actually, it did amuse me when "Sir" complained :ermm::o after a match they did'nt win ;) about Croutchy always fouling!! :) Is he the only one in the country that did'nt know this. Croutchy can't really head or kick the ball for that matter and has made a career out of elbowing center backs at every oppotunity to enable the Croutch knock down, and wasn't it down to Sir as a coach to remind young Phil Jones of this? Thats a large part of why 3 Meter Peter was such a threat in the champions league.

I reckon Croutch will fit in very well at Stoke as will Palacios. Clever piece of business that by Tony Pullis.

I was also very impressed at the way our youngsters mixed it with Stoke and it needed penalties to beat us.

Edited by carmine

Actually, it did amuse me when "Sir" complained :ermm::o after a match they did'nt win ;) about Croutchy always fouling!! :) Is he the only one in the country that did'nt know this. Croutchy can't really head or kick the ball for that matter and has made a career out of elbowing center backs at every oppotunity to enable the Croutch knock down, and wasn't it down to Sir as a coach to remind young Phil Jones of this? Thats a large part of why 3 Meter Peter was such a threat in the champions league.

I reckon Croutch will fit in very well at Stoke as will Palacios. Clever piece of business that by Tony Pullis.

I was also very impressed at the way our youngsters mixed it with Stoke and it needed penalties to beat us.

The timing of his complaining about Crouchy surprised me, as he would normally have come out with this sort of thing before the game thus putting preasure on the ref to pull Crouch on every challenge :o perhaps ole red nose is getting a bit slow in his old age :D

No champs league for the little lillies must make for boring days and nights at this time of the year...

To our match, much needed kick in the stones. Hope we can get our patchwork back 4 back to normal soon. Good to see welbeck's injury hasn't stopped him from doing what he is supposed to do-score. Other positives, nobody refused to come off the bench.

No champs league for the little lillies must make for boring days and nights at this time of the year...

To our match, much needed kick in the stones. Hope we can get our patchwork back 4 back to normal soon. Good to see welbeck's injury hasn't stopped him from doing what he is supposed to do-score. Other positives, nobody refused to come off the bench.

You were very lucky being drawn in that group in the first place. You should have no complaints.

Whats going to happen when you play one of the power houses? .....Basle aside ofcourse. I'm going to hazzard a guess Rooney wasn't playing, right? Utd must feel like a baby seal in a sea of shark. Stick to bullying potless teams in the premier league with your untried 17m youngsters. :rolleyes:

Anyway, back to your original comment. :rolleyes: Thats right, no champions league for us this year, rocket. But its not boring at all actually. We had'nt put our team together until everyone else had played three times this season which was ofcourse our fault and since we've won our last three and looking very good. We held onto Modders, offloaded Crouchy for 12m then took Adebayor for 70k per week. Sandro's back and the partnership with Parkers looking great. Bale on fire and a goalkeeper that is reliable. Establishing ourselves as a real challenger for the top four and ticking along very nicely thanks. We've made our interest in the europa very clear. It doesn't effect any of our first team but is invaluable for the youngsters. Fortunately we are out of the carling which is a total hindrance in our league pursuit, but atleast our untested kids did better than your multi million pound galacticos when they faced up the mighty Stoke even if we did lose on penalties.

Yep, i'm very contented thanks ;)

Edited by carmine

You were very lucky being drawn in that group in the first place. You should have no complaints.

Whats going to happen when you play one of the power houses? .....Basle aside ofcourse. I'm going to hazzard a guess Rooney wasn't playing, right? Utd must feel like a baby seal in a sea of shark. Stick to bullying potless teams in the premier league with your untried 17m youngsters. :rolleyes:

Anyway, back to your original comment. :rolleyes: Thats right, no champions league for us this year, rocket. But its not boring at all actually. We had'nt put our team together until everyone else had played three times this season which was ofcourse our fault and since we've won our last three and looking very good. We held onto Modders, offloaded Crouchy for 12m then took Adebayor for 70k per week. Sandro's back and the partnership with Parkers looking great. Bale on fire and a goalkeeper that is reliable. Establishing ourselves as a real challenger for the top four and ticking along very nicely thanks. We've made our interest in the europa very clear. It doesn't effect any of our first team but is invaluable for the youngsters. Fortunately we are out of the carling which is a total hindrance in our league pursuit, but atleast our untested kids did better than your multi million pound galacticos when they faced up the mighty Stoke even if we did lose on penalties.

Stick to bullying potless teams in the premier league with your untried 17m youngsters. Like Spurs you mean? :lol:

Stick to bullying potless teams in the premier league with your untried 17m youngsters. Like Spurs you mean? :lol:

Eh, not really no seeing as our record signing cost less than Phil Jones but whatever....:unsure:

We seemed a bit naive at times, and left some gaping holes. If their striker hadn't been a one in three open shots on goal to score, player, we would have been behind much earlier in the game.

Welbeck looked really sharp. All our wingers though were quiet - Young and Valencia - and Nani when he came on. Didn't create much.

Heart sunk when Berba came on. Can anyone ever remember him coming on as a late impact player and making a difference? I can't. He's too slow, too lazy, and gets caught off-side too easily, for my money.

Anyway, no complaints with the draw - was the right result. But that said, their penalty i think was cheap. Valencia muscled his way onto the ball quite fairly.

We should still manage to top the group, so we learn and move on...

Eh, not really no seeing as our record signing cost less than Phil Jones but whatever....:unsure:

Our net spend in the summer was around -£25m.....I believe yours was around £60m Jimbo. I don't suppose that was reported on here though so now you know.

Yeah, happy to come away with a draw there..., pat on the back for Basle, they came to OT and did far more than most and looked really comfortable at times, far more than we did....!

Reality check gents....!!!!

redrus

Yes a real reality check.We are getting away with it at the moment,that can't continue. Sloppy final ball time and time again and even sloppier defending. I consider we are missing the steel of Vidic and his leadership.Evra for me is no leader, is still great going forward but his defending is increasingly questionable, getting caught time and time again out of position. Interesting interview with SAF on www.bbcfootball ,prior to the game where he admitted he had mellowed, well time to bring out the new industrial strength hair dryer.

We seemed a bit naive at times, and left some gaping holes. If their striker hadn't been a one in three open shots on goal to score, player, we would have been behind much earlier in the game.

Welbeck looked really sharp. All our wingers though were quiet - Young and Valencia - and Nani when he came on. Didn't create much.

Heart sunk when Berba came on. Can anyone ever remember him coming on as a late impact player and making a difference? I can't. He's too slow, too lazy, and gets caught off-side too easily, for my money.

Anyway, no complaints with the draw - was the right result. But that said, their penalty i think was cheap. Valencia muscled his way onto the ball quite fairly.

We should still manage to top the group, so we learn and move on...

Agree with your opinions,i think as soon as we get a consistent back four and midfield laugh.gif we should be ok.....hey ho still undefeated and in all competitions which is great for an inexperienced team....bring on the Canaries!

Well the high tempo performances have really took their toll on the team but saying that Norwich came with a good game plan and actually deserved a point.

Everyone looked heavy yesterday but still managed to keep atit in the second half even if we where a little fortunate at the other end :whistling: still no consistency in any of the players perfomances i think mainly due to the injuries and chopping and changing personal.

Vidic is missed.

Still top and unbeaten but good to have the break and hope they come back fresh for the mickeys and moonmen this month,two big games :)

Rooney's hairs looking good!

I think Sir will be very happy with three points yesterday and even happier that Norwich don't have a decent striker otherwise you would have been punished.

Interesting competition brewing between two decent keepers as to who's going to be first choice this season.