Manchester United

redrus

Shelvey's tackle was extermely dangerous and he deserved the Red card,end of story.

Johnson clearly pushed Valencia in the back,defo penalty.

Great to beat the mickeys in there own backyard biggrin.png especially when we play <deleted>.

I hope you look at that tomorrow and give an honest opinion of the penalty decision.

Expect better.

Shelvey's tackle was extermely dangerous and he deserved the Red card,end of story.

Great to beat the mickeys in there own backyard biggrin.png especially when we play <deleted>.

Mate, great to get the 3 points, thought the ref had a decent game, did not fall for cheating Suarez antics, got most of the major decisions spot on, but alas the Abu nation up in arms when united get decisions, hey but whats new.

Totally agree about Shelvey's sending off and thus Van Persie should have been also. If you seriously think that was a penaltjy, you are seriously a more deluded red blinkered (expletive) than I thought. Please say that statement was tongue in cheek.

I hope you look at that tomorrow and give an honest opinion of the penalty decision.

Expect better.

Red, in all seriousness,

If someone is running forward and is pushed in the back, he would fall forwards, not sideways to the right??Johnson came from behind him and was challenging on Valencias left. As the challenge went in, thats when he fell. No way did he push him, and he was about a foot away from any contact. Look at Reinas reaction. And pray tell, what was the difference between Shelvey and Van Persies challenges?

Van Persie was late, Shelvey was rash and violent. The more I read here, the more I realise few of you know nowt about football....l

Blinkered bitter scousers and ABUs blaming everyone else...

What a joke you lot are to say the penalty was a good decision. Absolutely laughable. I don't care who won the game....my comments are totally neutral in that respect.

Had it been the Arse or the small West London club it would be different....

Well explain how it wasn't a penalty then.

Contact is made, a foul challenge is made in the area...

I think you need to go back to your "Topper Football Annual for Boys 1969" again and learn about the rules of the game Smokes....

Just resorting to nonsense now.

The Scousers are up in arms but it was a clear red and a clear pen.

I was laughing so hard I nearly had an accident in me pants especially at the Scouser who did a circuit of the pub when Gerrard scored then spent the rest of the time screaming at the telly. I'm not even a red, I just dislike Liverpool immensely, and this has made my day, nay weekend.

Liverpool must be ruing letting Carroll go. Championship footie for Anfield next year...

yea, Gerrard doing his divine intervention blah blah blah and superimposed with him scratching his head at end of the game was a good night.

we played <deleted> in the first half. much better when scholesy came on (and nani went off) . penalty was soft and 1-1 probably should have been a fair result. LP played well with 10 men but we let them = too conservative.

From Football 365's 16 conclusions:

However, you can hardly blame Mark Halsey for not issuing two reds - so stupid was Shelvey's lunge that it was easy to miss the two-footer from Evans. Indeed, Halsey deserves a certain amount of credit for correctly dismissing Shelvey in a game he surely would've been desperately hoping to go quietly, without any further controversy.

and:

And the same applies to United's penalty. After looking at dozens of replays, I'm still not sure whether it really was a foul by Glen Johnson on Antonio Valencia (a bit of a push in the back, perhaps?), but from Halsey's position it looked as plain as day. People have to stop judging referees on what they see on television, and more on what the men in the middle can reasonably be expected to see. For all the kvetching that will no doubt fill the Mailbox over the next day or so, from a neutral point of view Halsey had a pretty good game.

A nice reasonable independent viewpoint.

Now, can the ABUs tuck away their violently wobbling bottom lips, just admit that Liverpool were beaten through their own crapness, accept there is no conspiracy afoot and then we can all get on with our work this grey old Monday morning....

• Like 2

Quite correct after all they are in the bottom 3 and are relying on Stevie G waaaayy to much.

Shelvey spitting the dummy out at Ferguson was very funny and shows although a good prospect he needs to grow up quickly if he wants to stay in that team.

I thought Ferguson again gave Liverpool to much respect would like to have seen Wellbeck up front with RVP at the start as Nani just gets more infuriating every game bah.gif Rafeal had a decent game along with Ferdinand and Evans.......Vidic rested?? ah well so was Rooney Cleverly,Buttner et all!

Also great to see the spirit and class of the clubs before the game and the respect payed to all that died at Hillsborough,i think Liverpool will be hoping January comes sooner than expected and maybe carthorse can be recalled to save there season.That is if Rodgers is desperate enough to take him back or swallow his tongue as Liverpool really are average without Gerrard.Suarez is maybe the problem and not the answer.

Also great to see the spirit and class of the clubs before the game

I take it that your not talking about the Man u supporters ?

United followers where fantastic!

"Most" Utd supporters were fantastic. i would hope that the few that started those chants again will be caught on cctv and handed life bans as i am sure the respectful majority of Utd fans would agree with.

Edited by carmine

Well on this particular day i would have thought that they could have shown a bit more respect for Liverpool supporters when You'll Never Walk Alone was being played !

"Most" Utd supporters were fantastic. i would hope that the few that started those chants again will be caught on cctv and handed life bans as i am sure the respectful majority of Utd fans would agree with.

Link to these reported chants please Carmine?

Well on this particular day i would have thought that they could have shown a bit more respect for Liverpool supporters when You'll Never Walk Alone was being played !

So you think United fans should sing(or just listen rolleyes.gif ) ynwa? Never going to happen in any game between us and them.

Link to these reported chants please Carmine?

I think Carmine might be referring to this from the Daily Mail this morning:

But the worst episode came after the final whistle when most of the Liverpool fans had left. Two alleged home supporters made aeroplane signals after running towards the corner of the stadium where the United fans remained on police orders. The United contingent responded by singing ‘Always the victims, never your fault’ and ‘Murderers’ in reference to the 1985 Heysel disaster.

While I would never condone the actions of any United supporter who responded by singing in this way (and I hope they're identified and punished by Man U) it's just typical of an ABU to complain about the United supporters involved while conveniently leaving out any reference to the two (alleged) Liverpool idiots, and what they did to start the problem in the first place!!!!

i was not referring to alledged incidents. i was referring to the morons chanting during YNWA. Sad that they didn't understand the decency in atleast waiting until the it was finished. If you wish to translate that as picking on Utd then you are talking nonsense sumrit.

i am happy to discuss the other incidents when they are confirmed rather than alledged.

i was not referring to alledged incidents. i was referring to the morons chanting during YNWA. Sad that they didn't understand the decency in atleast waiting until the it was finished. If you wish to translate that as picking on Utd then you are talking nonsense sumrit.

So what were they actually chanting Carmine? Could you hear the actual words? From what I saw on TV the cameras concentrated on the 'justice' and 'truth' banners in the Liverpool supporters stands but on the odd occasion they did show the United end most appeared to be clapping. Maybe some were just trying to sing along but didn't know the wordsunsure.png . Or just maybe the emotion of the day got to a few and reminded them of Munich '58 (it did for me) so they decided to sing their own tribute to those people who died.

You just don't know.................but just because some parts of the United end were not completely quiet at all times doesn't mean they were being disrespectful.

Of course I was watching the match in Thailand so maybe the pictures got distorted after travelling half way round the world to get here whistling.gifwai.gif .

i am happy to discuss the other incidents when they are confirmed rather than alledged.

The incident isn't alleged Carmine, it definitely happened. The only 'alleged' part is that, although these two morons came from the Liverpool supporters section of the ground and ran to the United end pretending to be planes, neither LFC or the police have yet confirmed whether they are Liverpool supporters or just imposters.

I suspect carmine is referring to the people in the Utd end pointing and clearly shouting something.

It didn't look to me as though they were being in any way supportive.

Perhaps one of the non ABU fans on here will offer an answer?

Edited by smokie36

I suspect carmine is referring to the people in the Utd end pointing and clearly shouting something.

It didn't look to me as though they were being in any way supportive.

Perhaps one of the non ABU fans on here will offer an answer?

Believe me an away match at Anfield for United fans is not like going to church Smokie,i know it was on a Sunday but that is where it ends...i can say though that they wore black wink.png

So what were they actually chanting Carmine? Could you hear the actual words? From what I saw on TV the cameras concentrated on the 'justice' and 'truth' banners in the Liverpool supporters stands but on the odd occasion they did show the United end most appeared to be clapping. Maybe some were just trying to sing along but didn't know the wordsunsure.png . Or just maybe the emotion of the day got to a few and reminded them of Munich '58 (it did for me) so they decided to sing their own tribute to those people who died.

You just don't know.................but just because some parts of the United end were not completely quiet at all times doesn't mean they were being disrespectful.

Of course I was watching the match in Thailand so maybe the pictures got distorted after travelling half way round the world to get here whistling.gifwai.gif .

The incident isn't alleged Carmine, it definitely happened. The only 'alleged' part is that, although these two morons came from the Liverpool supporters section of the ground and ran to the United end pretending to be planes, neither LFC or the police have yet confirmed whether they are Liverpool supporters or just imposters.

coffee1.gif Get yourself True visions in HD pal then your picture will provide crystal clarity and you will be much the wiser.

• Like 1

coffee1.gif Get yourself True visions in HD pal then your picture will provide crystal clarity and you will be much the wiser.

So Carmine, as Mr Red asked previously, enlighten us. Just what was actually said in these 'ALLEGED CHANTS'? Provide us with the links that will enable us to become as wise as yousmile.png

Apart from the post match incident I mentioned previously, all the reports I had read and listened to say that Man U supporters behaved correctly and gave the occasion the full respect it deserved. I can't find any reports of any complaints, from the media, Liverpool FC, Man U or the Police concerning the behaviour of the Man U supporters at yesterdays game................apart from your's of course.

True HD indeed does give a good picture, but not good enough to lipread so, PLEASE, just what chants did you actually HEAR??????