Manchester United

redrus

Much as I fete SAF as the worlds best manager ever he must be thinking its about time to hang up the boots now. He would never have been such a pathetic parody of himself 10 years ago.

Forget the daft <deleted> that gets spoken in the heat of the after match interview, and look at how he turned that team around from the first half to the second. Is there any other manager than can provoke that sort of response in the players? That was 45 minutes of full on kitchen sink effort. Brilliant.

People laughed at him bringing Scholes back. Some people, mentioning no names, said it was a sign of desperation, that he should bow out with his pride in tact. Moral of the story, you're better off ignoring what other people think.

wow such a big thing bringing scholes back,, then why did he let him go in the first place,???

he had a great game ill give you that, i hope he dosnt get injured, your fcuked without him

PS No wonder United want as much 'Fergie time' as possible, particularly as they have a good record of late winners.

Last season, United matches were 74 seconds longer on average when they were losing compared with when they were winning.

104.gif

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 2

Scholes is simply the best English player of my lifetime - and that's quite a long period. Others have been as good at their height - off the top of my head I can think of the likes of Moore, Charlton (x2) Rush, Keegan, Shearer, Adams, but nobody has done it so well for so long.

*cough* welsh.

PS No wonder United want as much 'Fergie time' as possible, particularly as they have a good record of late winners.

Last season, United matches were 74 seconds longer on average when they were losing compared with when they were winning.

104.gif

I think the referee should be horse whipped. whistling.gif

104.gif

Edited by carmine

104.gif

I think the referee should be horse whipped. whistling.gif

Oooooooh kinky!

104.gif

That's simply because the opposing teams try to waste much more time when they're winningbiggrin.png

But why didn't you include the rest of Graham Poll's suggestion from the article he wrote?

Basically, like Fergie, he suggested taking the timekeeping away from the referee and giving it to a separate timekeeper. But he further suggested getting rid of the two forty-five minute halves and replacing them with two thirty minute 'ball in play halves'. The clock would stop every time the ball went out of play and start again when play restarts and the clock would run for thirty minutes each half.

This would stop time wasting at substitutions, goal kicks, feigned injury and throw ins, etc because the clock wouldn't be ticking while the game was stopped. It's calculated that more than twenty minutes each half can be lost due to these stoppages alone, especially in European matches, although we usually get no more than five or six added minutes per game maximum.

I would suggest adding to that by including 'the referee could add time himself' for obvious 'in play' time wasting, such as keeping the ball in the corner simply to waste time when a team's winning.

Of course I wouldn't expect the ABU's to want this...........they wouldn't be able to complain about the Fergie time fallacy any more would theyclap2.gif

• Like 2

That's simply because the opposing teams try to waste much more time when they're winningbiggrin.png

And Utd don't i suppose biggrin.png

But why didn't you include the rest of Graham Poll's suggestion from the article he wrote?

Because the rest of it wasn't facts about Utd and this being a thread about Utd

rolleyes.gif

Edited by alfieconn

The Midfield is not the main problem now, as we have players coming back,,Fletcher Anderson Cleverley scholes Carrick Kagawa Powell just to name a few, what let us down yesterday was our defense or lack of speed back there, but to be fair to the defense the midfield did not protect the back four, hence the need for a holding midfielder someone like Tiotti.

Thought in the 2nd half Carrick and Scholes played excellent.

So what did they actually do, apart from have a lot of the ball (which Spurs get giving them) and thus a lot of passes ?

And Utd don't i suppose biggrin.png

I think, judging by the number of late goals we've been conceding, we're more likely to be pushing forward for another goalbiggrin.png

Because the rest of it wasn't facts about Utd and this being a thread about Utd

rolleyes.gif

You mean Poll agreeing in principal with SAF's suggestion of taking the timekeeping away from the referee isn't related to Utd and the 'Fergie time' you quoted?

The Midfield is not the main problem now, as we have players coming back,,Fletcher Anderson Cleverley scholes Carrick Kagawa Powell just to name a few, what let us down yesterday was our defense or lack of speed back there, but to be fair to the defense the midfield did not protect the back four, hence the need for a holding midfielder someone like Tiotti.

So what did they actually do, apart from have a lot of the ball (which Spurs get giving them) and thus a lot of passes ?

What they did was open Spurs up many times, just our strikers didn't finish off the chances, you was on the back foot for most of the second half, it was very exciting stuff i am sure you can acknowledge thatsmile.png

You mean Poll agreeing in principal with SAF's suggestion of taking the timekeeping away from the referee isn't related to Utd and the 'Fergie time' you quoted?

In case you didn't realise i was relaying some facts about utd's games not general opinions about timekeeping allbeit one of then opinions was from old red nose !

What they did was open Spurs up many times, just our strikers didn't finish off the chances, you was on the back foot for most of the second half, it was very exciting stuff i am sure you can acknowledge thatsmile.png

First of all Nev you need to judge players over 90 mins not 45 mins and in the first half them two were piss poor, what's the point in having an average 2nd half after a shit first half !

I think your judgement was clouded by the amount of time they had the ball !

As for opening up Spurs many times, that was the problem, they didn't !

Neither of them had assists in the goals !

Slow down a bit JD, we weren't carved open.

We "chose' to sit back and defend a lead which we did. granted we were defending too deep. teams that get carved open suggest we were hammered. It was one a piece in the second half if you watched it. The carving open happened in the first half. they were sliced up too and it possibly should have been more.

you might be a City fan but you also have a rather bizarre agenda with Spurs that i'm still trying to fathom. I say that because you spend more time on our thread than your own and post only negative ill informed <deleted> about our chairman, finances and transfer policy.

Edited by carmine

Alfie, you are talking tosh!!

Scholes was phenomenal in the 2nd half. His passing and vision was world class.... and thats from a City fan.

Like i said a game is for 90 mins, it's like saying a player played great for 5 mins but was shit for 85 mins

I dont know if you actually saw the game, or maybe you were just too excited, but Spurs were carved open so many times in the second half, and Scholes was the main instigator.

Didn't see us get carved open so many times 40.gifif so how many times ? and it wouldnt have been by Scholes !

So the stats :

Shots on target : 1 Carrick

Key passes : 2 both Carrick

Dribbles : 1 Carrick

Interceptions : 3 all Carrick

Tackles : 4 two each

Accurate through balls : a big zero ( carved open 24.gif )

Sort of blows your theory out of the water Jack 3.gif

I'm not disputing that they both had a lot of passes scholes 148, carrick 108, accurate long balls : scholes 27 carrick 6 but what i'm saying is what did they produce out of all their possession / passes, ? not a lot according to the stats !!!!!!!!!

Not taking anything away from Scholes as he has been fantastic but why are teams leaving him alone now? He had so much time on the ball the other day he could have rolled up a ciggie before someone went into him.

A clever player could get Scholes sent off pretty quickly nowadays, as he was always up for an hard tackle and borderlining on cards but as he started getting slower, he was getting in late more and more and getting more cards. Laying off him is playing into Uniteds hands. IMO of course.

Scholes was phenomenal in the 2nd half. His passing and vision was world class.... and thats from a City fan.

Like i said a game is for 90 mins, it's like saying a player played great for 5 mins but was shit for 85 mins

I dont know if you actually saw the game, or maybe you were just too excited, but Spurs were carved open so many times in the second half, and Scholes was the main instigator.

Didn't see us get carved open so many times 40.gifif so how many times ? and it wouldnt have been by Scholes !

So the stats :

I'm not disputing that they both had a lot of passes scholes 148, carrick 108, accurate long balls : scholes 27 carrick 6 but what i'm saying is what did they produce out of all their possession / passes, ? not a lot according to the stats !!!!!!!!!

You'll get little or no response from another J&D nonsense post. That is unless you now call putting another team under big pressure through sustained possession as carving them up! Sure he wasn't watching the first half. Nice short pass completion percentages though.

Carving up J&D comes from the fast attacking you saw in the first half. What annoyed me slightly was that we didn't continue carving them up in the first half Jack. Instead we chose to sit back deep which was a very dangerous tactic.

So now you know. Next we can discuss our exceptionally weak squad that our skinflint chairman has left us!! laugh.png You should write for that newspaper that your mate redknapp is employed by!!! clap2.gif

Not taking anything away from Scholes as he has been fantastic but why are teams leaving him alone now? He had so much time on the ball the other day he could have rolled up a ciggie before someone went into him.

A clever player could get Scholes sent off pretty quickly nowadays, as he was always up for an hard tackle and borderlining on cards but as he started getting slower, he was getting in late more and more and getting more cards. Laying off him is playing into Uniteds hands. IMO of course.

Quite possibly related to red card stats at the Salford ArenA....

So the stats :

You'll get little or no response from another J&D nonsense post. That is unless you now call putting another team under big pressure through sustained possession as carving them up! Sure he wasn't watching the first half. Nice short pass completion percentages though.

Carving up J&D comes from the fast attacking you saw in the first half. What annoyed me slightly was that we didn't continue carving them up in the first half Jack. Instead we chose to sit back deep which was a very dangerous tactic.

So now you know. Next we can discuss our exceptionally weak squad that our skinflint chairman has left us!! laugh.png You should write for that newspaper that your mate redknapp is employed by!!! clap2.gif

My view is still the same about your chairman. Through his short sightedness, it will cost you a place in UCL next year.

You chaps are all giddy about having played 45 minutes of great footballlaugh.png It was as if you had won the league going off AVBs reaction!!

Back to reality at the weekend... see how they do then. As for Scholes... if you cant see he had a great game, albeit he was allowed to, then we will just have to beg to differ. You do not have a great squad, not much depth... thats a fact. But if you wanna continue mudslinging, carmine, and telling me I talk dross, then fill yer bootslaugh.png . We will see at the end of the season.

So the stats :

Another load of made up <deleted>!!!

I do not know the full facts, so I am not going to go wading through like Abrak to prove you wrong. But I do know for a fact that Scholes had a shot on target from outside the area that Friedel saved well. So if I dug further, I am sure I would find more inaccuracies as well

So the stats :

Another load of made up <deleted>!!!

I do not know the full facts, so I am not going to go wading through like Abrak to prove you wrong. But I do know for a fact that Scholes had a shot on target from outside the area that Friedel saved well. So if I dug further, I am sure I would find more inaccuracies as well

OK enough Jack...you're making a rather big one of yourself. better to stop now thumbsup.gif

To #8660

So you are now resorting to having a pop at Villas-Boas for him celebrating his side winning. Have you any idea how silly and childish that is? biggrin.png

Why is it silly and childish?

I would be embarrassed if I were a Spurs fan. There are celebrations and celebrations. Good to show emotion, our manager does plenty of that!!

But the way AVB was carrying on, personally I felt it was OTT, and kind of shows the low expectation levels your manager has.

Anyway this is the Rags thread... save the abusing me for the Spurs thread, theres a good lad. Or as you so aptly put... run along nowthumbsup.gif

Serious question, Ryan giggs , Ive watched him a few times this season and TBH, he's been no more than average at best, Is it time for him to go our will he string it out 4 another season?

Mate Gary Neville, knew it was time after the Stoke away game, i just hope Giggsy realizes and retires gracefully, he is also holding back the development of the younger players coming through, i think it will be his last season and he should be a bit part player, not starting 2 league games in a row.

Serious question, Ryan giggs , Ive watched him a few times this season and TBH, he's been no more than average at best, Is it time for him to go our will he string it out 4 another season?

Mate Gary Neville, knew it was time after the Stoke away game, i just hope Giggsy realizes and retires gracefully, he is also holding back the development of the younger players coming through, i think it will be his last season and he should be a bit part player, not starting 2 league games in a row.

I think for sure it will be his last season nev, but I'm really wondering if he really should go b4, as you say neville realized it, all be it a little bit late, but not enuf to embarrass himself , let's hope giggs does the same, would be a shame for the last memories of such a truly great player to be of him struggling.

• Like 1

My view is still the same about your chairman. Through his short sightedness, it will cost you a place in UCL next year.

You chaps are all giddy about having played 45 minutes of great footballlaugh.png It was as if you had won the league going off AVBs reaction!!

Back to reality at the weekend... see how they do then. As for Scholes... if you cant see he had a great game, albeit he was allowed to, then we will just have to beg to differ. You do not have a great squad, not much depth... thats a fact. But if you wanna continue mudslinging, carmine, and telling me I talk dross, then fill yer bootslaugh.png . We will see at the end of the season.

Sorry the shot was Scholes not Carrick, still does not change the rest of the stats, How many chances did he make ? your getting sidetracked because he had a lot of the ball !