Manchester United

redrus

I liked the look of nic powell when he played early season 4 utd, Trouble is when managers change from what i've seen development players tend to be the victims as much as if not more so, than the established players as this can be an area managers feel they like to impose their choice on without to many repercussions?, so is powell gonna see this change through and develop or is he gonna fall foul?

He did pick up an injury half way through the season which laid him low for a while,great young talent but maybe better if he goes out on loan for a season but in the premier league not the championship.

sorry to butt in.

How can a club with the aspirations of Man U appoint a manager with NO experience of European football?

I do not believe it.

He is also non charismatic and possibly stuck with Rooney and others because he is finding it difficult to attract players who would have loved to play for Man U under Fergie but are not quite so sure about the future.

Moyes did well at Everton fair play but didn't united deserve better?

I have no problem being proven wrong, but the decision looks dodgy.

what do the fans say?

As a fan since 1962 I hold David Moyes in the highest regard as a manager and as a person,his work in building the youth academy at Everton is acknowledged within the game as to becoming one of the finest in this country,his teams are allways well organised and competetive and considering his budget he has punched well above his weight,sometimes having a lot of money to spend can bring its own problems,time will only tell on that matter.SAF retiring this season was due solely to the fact that David Moyes was at the end of his contract at Everton and he believes he is the right man to replace him-a foreign coach was never a possibility,we are Manchester United- a club with a proud tradition and history that many others try to emulate.It should be a very interesting season with 3 of the top clubs in the premiership starting with new managers-bring it on thumbsup.gif

So you have got a sense of humorcheesy.gif

Yes sir,and a good knowledge of football also-have a nice day wai.gif

Could only be on this thread laugh.png

• Like 2

For those of you interested in some of the history of Manchester United there are some super photos here :-

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pictures-50-iconic-manchester-united-4870660

I especially like players lodging at Mrs Watson's, Old Trafford Guest House in 1953 - Oh how times have changed ............ ohmy.png

• Like 2

So tell me....what are Moyes' thoughts on tactics for next season?

4-3-3....4-4-2.....or his favourite 5-4-1.....? tongue.png

Nothing so complicated. Its just route one, lump it up to the big bloke to nod down to someone.

Are you buying Fellaini?

Well its the age of football teams partnering up with Airlines.

City have Etihad

Arsenal have Emirates

Chelsea have Delta

Fulham have American Airlines

Liverpool have Garuda

Barcelona have Qatar.

And now Manchester United have just signed a deal with................................ wait for it.......................

AEROFLOT...............cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Job Done lads!!clap2.gif

Just one of the airlines we are in association with Jack.....please keep up wink.png

Just one of the airlines we are in association with Jack.....please keep up wink.png

Well I believe they replaced that other airline Turkish Airlines, and I believe you had an association with that other huge and well respected airline Air Asia.laugh.png

Stiil have Jack i think but i stand to be corrected by someone who gives a f***

I think the game has gone beyond arguing over petty marketing rights don't you?

Stiil have Jack i think but i stand to be corrected by someone who gives a f***

I think the game has gone beyond arguing over petty marketing rights don't you?

In all fairness, Red, I think it is an excellent marketing ploy.

I can see the headline now...

"David Moyes and Aeroflot....................... An Accident Waiting To Happen"

• Like 2

Was that Aeroflot single?

No.

you ever read an account of the crash? think it was bobby Charltons i read, v v scary , not just the crash , but the build up to it, the failed take offs ,everything about the journey, pointed 2 bad news

Edited by rijit

No.

you ever read an account of the crash? think it was bobby Charltons i read, v v scary , not just the crash , but the build up to it, the failed take offs ,everything about the journey, pointed 2 bad news

I fly waaaay too much to read about flying accidents rij. The other night when I was flying back to the UK, I went into the lounge in departures and the first thing I saw on the TV was the accident that had just happened in the states. The older I get the less I like it.

No.

I fly waaaay too much to read about flying accidents rij. The other night when I was flying back to the UK, I went into the lounge in departures and the first thing I saw on the TV was the accident that had just happened in the states. The older I get the less I like it.

I dont fly an awful lot, 3 /4 times a year max , but pre almost every take off, specially long haul i must admit to t being maudling and thinking about probabilities ect ect ,,,, and bac in the day i did have a fling with ba stewardess, a total total darling wub.png she told me about near miss's/incidents that the passengers dont hear about ,dont remember the specifics, but can remember, being stunned and that she seriously feared for her life on more than one occasiontongue.png , but as i said it was bac in the day, things probably have changed coffee1.gif

Edited by rijit

Sorry guys. poor taste. Some of us are old enough to remember Munich.

respect

Get over yourself mate!!!

What has Moyes and Aeroflot got to do with the sad events of 1972?blink.png

You are not even a United fan!!!

Anyone who knows me and has had the banter with me over the years, knows that I would NEVER disrespect the Munich tragedy.

So it p!sses me off, you, a newby, coming on here and trying to stir sh!t!!

If any United fan is genuinly upset by what I have written, then I will ask for it to be deleted.

But I suspect that they will take it as the joke it was meant to bethumbsup.gif

Political correctness is already an endemic. Dont let Thai Visa get infected by it!!

• Like 1

Well its the age of football teams partnering up with Airlines.

City have Etihad

Arsenal have Emirates

Chelsea have Delta

Fulham have American Airlines

Liverpool have Garuda

Barcelona have Qatar.

And now Manchester United have just signed a deal with................................ wait for it.......................

AEROFLOT...............:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Job Done lads!!:clap2:

Surely Chelsea should have a partnership with Virgin. I can see the ads now, JT with his arm around a young stewardess winking with his thumb up.

respect

What has Moyes and Aeroflot got to do with the sad events of 1972?:blink:

Anyone who knows me and has had the banter with me over the years, knows that I would NEVER disrespect the Munich tragedy.

If any United fan is genuinly upset by what I have written, then I will ask for it to be deleted.

But I suspect that they will take it as the joke it was meant to be:thumbsup:

Political correctness is already an endemic. Dont let Thai Visa get infected by it!!

point taken completely JackD. didn't want to sound pompous.

Earlier yesterday a few people on the spurs thread were reminiscing about greats like Cyril Knowles.

so it didn't kinda feel right.

sorry. No offence to you or Man utd fans intended.

• Like 1

respect

What has Moyes and Aeroflot got to do with the sad events of 1972?blink.png

But I suspect that they will take it as the joke it was meant to be:thumbsup:

point taken completely JackD. didn't want to sound pompous.

Earlier yesterday a few people on the spurs thread were reminiscing about greats like Cyril Knowles.

so it didn't kinda feel right.

sorry. No offence to you or Man utd fans intended.

No worries.

Apology acceptedthumbsup.gif

• Like 2

The lads were spotted having an evening out last Monday.

An interesting pub quiz question would be, how many 1st class games have they played between them ?

MEN_ECE_16_MAN_UNITEDC7523_6499244-48895

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-uniteds-class-92-meet-4889690

Becks looks a bit scruffy,not sure Posh would approve.Nice photo, not sure we will ever see a group like them come through the ranks again and as for the number of games ,Mr Google will know.

barring becks and phil nevile, they look a bunch of potential footie hoolies!!!. butty looks like hes totally ready to lead a full on charge at the holt end!!whistling.gif

but how many games between them? must be getting on for 3000, amazing.,