Manchester United

redrus

Sorry. Can't resist it:

'If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains.'

Bill Shankly.

tbh i was a bit like that with everton last seasonbiggrin.png , you never know things might get better under martinezcoffee1.gif

irrelevant and impossible to answer.

Would You choose Moyes?

It's not irrelevant at all, and why is it impossible to answer? Imagine yourself in 1986, looking for a manager who would be capable of bringing over two decades of unprecedented success to a club. Would you have gone for Fergie? Yes or no?

If the answer is no, how well placed do you think you are to judge what Moyes will do?

As for whether i would have chosen Moyes, i had three or four possible right men for the job, and Moyes was one of them. He wasn't the only person i would have been happy with, but he was one of them.

Fair point.

I merely use Shankly as the epitome of truth without bull sh**.

Just use Ferguson or me.

Would You have chosen Moyes?

To turn that question around, would you have chosen Ferguson?

With all respect Ferguson had already worked wonders at Aberdeen. No comparison can be drawn to those of Moyes

"As for whether i would have chosen Moyes, i had three or four possible right men for the job, and Moyes was one of them. He wasn't the only person i would have been happy with, but he was one of them."

Sounds like a kop out and a recipe for failure.

My regard for united is rapidly dwindling.

"As for whether i would have chosen Moyes, i had three or four possible right men for the job, and Moyes was one of them. He wasn't the only person i would have been happy with, but he was one of them."

I would stake a guess that the potential first choice is now the incumbent at Bayern Munichwink.png

I would stake a guess that the potential first choice is now the incumbent at Bayern Munichwink.png

Not for me. Still much to prove and not a man i can see hanging around at a club more than three of four years. Five at max.

With all respect Ferguson had already worked wonders at Aberdeen. No comparison can be drawn to those of Moyes

In this day and age, and with the budget he had, I think Moyes worked relative wonders at Everton. Minor wonders perhaps, but wonders none the less. wink.png

With regards Fergie, yes he had done well at Aberdeen, but based on that, are you saying that were you back in 86 right now, you'd be predicting him to go on at United and win all that he did?

Not for me. Still much to prove and not a man i can see hanging around at a club more than three of four years. Five at max.

Oh i couldn't agree more he's a lot to prove! However, he's been successful, he's young and he promotes the type of football that most if not all like to see.

Fair point.

I merely use Shankly as the epitome of truth without bull sh**.

Just use Ferguson or me.

Would You have chosen Moyes?

To turn that question around, would you have chosen Ferguson?

At the time yes no doubts I would have picked ferguson, he did total wonders at Aberdeen

Oh i couldn't agree more he's a lot to prove! However, he's been successful, he's young and he promotes the type of football that most if not all like to see.

Yeah but look at what he has had to manage.

And as for the young thing, i don't see that as an advantage, at least not in terms of long term stability. Young guys don't tend to stick around for the long haul.

In this day and age, and with the budget he had, I think Moyes worked relative wonders at Everton. Minor wonders perhaps, but wonders none the less. wink.png

With regards Fergie, yes he had done well at Aberdeen, but based on that, are you saying that were you back in 86 right now, you'd be predicting him to go on at United and win all that he did?

did he do wonders at everton ? he wasn't exactly starved of cash, the money he had, IMO, was a fair reflection of where he finished with them

he had a lot larger transfer kitty than say some relegated teams and not so large as the champion league teams, never short of 5 -10 mill or touch more like fellaine, he just used to whinge and whine A LOT that he was restricted, he just had to be careful, no harm in that though. as i said so a mid to top 6-10 finish was about right, Personally didnt like the style of football he used at everton, perhaps with better players he can change that.

At the time yes no doubts I would have picked ferguson, he did total wonders at Aberdeen

The pick of any manager from around the world, and you are saying you would have gone for Ferguson?

it was a diferent era, as a rule of thumb, top european managers didnt come to england and top english managers didnt do abroad

and yes out of what was avaibible at the time he would have been one , if not, the top, preferred choice

stop pussying about rij,

He hasn't got a cat in hells chance in Europe.

premier league? Top 6 if he's lucky.

I cant really be so categorical on it single, 2 major things that go in his favor is that he's got the players and the budget , so who knows, ,but tbh its his to fuc up .wai2.gif