Manchester United

redrus

I believe only the official club websites ups....all else is bumfluff these days.

Except when I WANT to believe it of course. biggrin.png

I understand, but they won't tell you who they are planning to sell, but they might say they're interested in someone. They usually sit on the fence until a deal is done and that's no fun it doesn't get the heart beating fast enough. wink.png

I believe only the official club websites ups....all else is bumfluff these days.

Except when I WANT to believe it of course. biggrin.png

:D

Totally go with that, it really is all just a laugh at this time of year, I reckon even more so for United fans of any worth. All I know is we take the piss most days, and wait till we see the player signing on the line and wearing the shirt.

Leave the fun on Twitter, to Twitter... Don't know if you guys partake of Twitter but, it is far worse than some of the 'red top' quotes we post on TVFF....!

redrus

• Like 1

Except when I WANT to believe it of course. Posted Image

I understand, but they won't tell you who they are planning to sell, but they might say they're interested in someone. They usually sit on the fence until a deal is done and that's no fun it doesn't get the heart beating fast enough. Posted Image

I'm just taking the piss ups....Dalglish for the West Ham job by Xmas.....Andy Carroll will demand his mentor!

Class really has NO geographical boundaries.........

Ahead of Liverpool’s 3-0 victory over Thailand courtesy of goals from Philippe Coutinho, Iago Aspas, Steven Gerrard, Thai Liverpool fans were spotted with a banner referencing the Munich Air Disaster in 1958. 23 people, including 8 Manchester United players, died in the tragedy.

post-16343-0-87404600-1375016225_thumb.j

bah.gif

redrus

Yeah, scumbags. It does surprise me though as I've been to 2 of the Thai Chelsea games and the atmosphere was very friendly - even a Man U and Liverpool shirt in the crowd.

Ahead of Liverpool’s 3-0 victory over Thailand courtesy of goals from Philippe Coutinho, Iago Aspas, Steven Gerrard, Thai Liverpool fans were spotted with a banner referencing the Munich Air Disaster in 1958. 23 people, including 8 Manchester United players, died in the tragedy.

attachicon.gifThai-scouse.jpg

bah.gif

redrus

That really pisses me off bah.gif

Yeah, scumbags. It does surprise me though as I've been to 2 of the Thai Chelsea games and the atmosphere was very friendly - even a Man U and Liverpool shirt in the crowd.

Go to a United Liverpool game mjj then you will know all about hatred.

I think there would of been a few Liverpool supporters upset at a banner like that,glad i wasn't there or i would be in the slammer by now.

As I would expect mate, it is, thankfully, in the minority now. :)

bah.gif.pagespeed.ce.-cCHYEZ1Lo.gif alt=bah.gif width=19 height=19>

redrus

That really pisses me off bah.gif.pagespeed.ce.-cCHYEZ1Lo.gif alt=bah.gif width=19 height=19>

What can you do mate......., we've had decades of it from proper scousers, it was only ever gonna rub off.

redrus

bah.gif

redrus

That really pisses me off bah.gif

+ bah.gif

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

Manchester United’s perfect Fabregas alternative stars in revenge win

hereisthecity.com

Ilkay Gundogan has been identified by many as the perfect long-term replacement for Paul Scholes - and his performance in the German Super Cup suggested so.

This summer, Manchester United have been strongly linked with a move for Barcelona’s former Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas. So far, despite Barcelona clearly stating he is not for sale, United have remained bullish on the subject of Fabregas.

Moyes has identified him as the perfect summer signing, and replacement for the now retired Paul Scholes. But today there have been mixed reports over his future. Some claim he has confirmed he wants a United move - others that Moyes may now pursue other interests.

One player mentioned as a possible alternative is a man I personally think should have been first-choice anyway - Borussia Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gundogan.

The German international has many similar characteristics to Fabregas - but is four years younger than the Spaniard.

In Dortmund’s game of counter attacking and fast paced offensive play Gundogan is key - the link between defence and attack - and the pendulum in the side’s style of play.

He is also a fan of United - stating in 2011 that United were his ‘dream club’.

And judging by his performance in yesterday’s German Super Cup, it is a dream Moyes would do well to make come true.

Borussia Dortmund took the now Pep Guardiola managed Bayern Munich to the sword, in a revenge fixture for last season’s Champions League final defeat.

Gundogan was voted the man-of-the-match in the fixture - in which goals from himself, Marco Reus (2) and Daniel Van Buyten (OG), were enough to help Jurgen Klopp’s side claim a 4-2 victory over their Bavarian rivals - despite a double from Arjen Robben.

In the end the Super Cup is just a glorified friendly - much like our Community Shield.

But given the animosity in recent months between the two clubs, over the Champions League final and Bayern’s relentless pursuit of Mario Gotze and Robert Lewandowski - victory would have tasted sweet for the Westphalian’s yesterday.

But Gundogan’s measured performance of craft, guile and a little bit of spice thrown in really caught the eye - and if the Fabregas pursuit ends fruitless, then the Dortmund alternative is equally as impressive an acquisition to consider.

redrus

*edit, video of the goal he scored. http://hereisthecity.com/2013/07/28/manchester-uniteds-perfect-fabregas-alternative-stars-in-revenge/

Edited by redrus

I like this...........

New Plan to Keep Wayne Rooney......

redrants.com

Alrighty then, another day…..another disappointment. No signings and a major rebuff from Barcelona who told Dave Moyes and company to lay off pursuing Cesc Fabregas. Take the hint boys and move on. So where do we go from here? Well we do need a midfielder but as far as I am concerned that boy will be Marouane Fellaini, it has to be, nobody else is coming. It’s time to see how serious Team Glazer is and how willing they are to splash the cash?

Just on the minuscule chance they are serious about offering Moyes “unlimited financial resources” this transfer window, just how far are they willing to go? Also, what is to become of Wayne Rooney? I have some suggestions that could work and one theory that allows United to keep Rooney and would make Wayne a happy camper.

We have failed in our attempts to get Thiago, Fabregas looks to also be the lost cause I predicted he would be. Instead of going after other sure signing failures like Gundogan, it’s time to pursue more realistic targets. Do I mean, Fellaini, Cabaye or can we expect the return of Paul Scholes (that one would not surprise me in the least)? No I will be bold and come across as a member of the lunatic fringe with this but I say we pursue Crisitano Ronaldo or Gareth Bale.

Just how serious are United and their owners? Well men, I have a cunning plan and a sure way to call the Glazer bluff once and for all. Cunning Plan one, you try for Gareth Bale because he has the greatest chance of failure. Offer Spurs 60 million and wait and see. MADNESS? Well before you start spitting at your screens just hear me out. Spurs GM Daniel Levy came out today and placed a 103 million pound price tag on Bale to ward off Real Madrid once and for all. Of course we cannot, will not and should not spend that kind of money on a player who is excellent but is hardly God. But fear not, that price was put there as a scare tactic. Spurs don’t want to sell and they know that when push comes to shove, Bale isn’t that eager to go to Madrid. What Bale is waiting for and hoping for is that Manchester United makes a serious attempt to obtain his services.

How do we secure Gareth Bale then? Well if the rumours are true and Bale fancies a move to United than all it would take is a bid resembling the player’s true value. I put that value at around 60 million pounds. The clincher here is that if Bale wants to come to United he and his agent will say so to Spurs and force them into action. We know better than anyone that trying to keep a player who wants to be elsewhere is not a good nor is it a healthy thing for a team to be dealing with, especially when his contract hasn’t got long to go. If Bale is insistent, then Spurs will have no choice. This is the same tactic we used to get Dimitar Berbatov, Robin van Persie and even Wayne Rooney. None of these players were for sale but we got them because all of them were highly interested in playing for the League’s best club.

Bale is no different. Yes he will cost way more but as he has improved dramatically over the past few years, I can say without reservation, he is worth 60 million. So I would have a go at trying to get him. Wait to see Bale’s reaction and go from there. If Bale does not insist on a move, then it’s off to cunning plan B. Bale is a British born lad. Most British born lads dream of playing for a club like United the way German lads dream of Bayern Munich and Spanish speaking lads dream of Madrid or Barcelona. Believe it or not, for once we are in an advantageous high leverage position, should we choose to utilize it.

Cunning Plan B is no less audacious in nature and in line with United’s latest pursuits for the seemingly unattainable. The difference is that Cristiano Ronaldo may very well be attainable, for the right price. We all no that Ronny’s heart lies at Old Trafford. He may have become a football God while playing for Real Madrid but his time there has been an unhappy one. He has never felt the love or respect from the supporters, his peers or from management. Above all, he is incensed at the amount of money he is losing in brand name and number rights to Madrid. Financial issues perhaps but his feeling of no support in his battle with Lio Messi for hearts and minds have left him disenchanted and disheartened. No matter what he does, it’s just not good enough in Spain.

I believe Ronaldo would come back to United if they made the bold commitment to get him. A bid would trigger intent and thus force Ronaldo and his agent to demand a transfer. Again I believe the cost would be around 60 million pounds, maybe a bit more but for God’s sake, if there was ever a player who was worth twice that much, it’s Ronaldo. A phone call from friends like Rio Ferdinand and especially Sir Alex Ferguson I feel would urge him out the door. The bottom line is he has wanted to go for a while. Why do you think he has refused to sign a new contract for over a year now?

If 60 million still isn’t enough for Madrid and they are willing to do a Lewandowski like Dortmund and keep him, then perhaps offering Wayne Rooney and say 50 million might do the job. Madrid needs another striker now that they have sold Gonzalo Higuain to Napoli. If they feel they can outlast Barcelona with only Karim Benzema, they are sadly mistaken. So before they go after an Ibrahimovich, we should offer them Rooney, who I know Carlo Ancelotti covets.

Another more intriguing scenario would be to buy Ronaldo for the 60 million+ and then not sell Wayne Rooney. You see, for the past two years Rooney has been a problem. Many people feel he is being selfish and greedy and all he wants is more money. I disagree. I feel that Rooney’s lone sin has been his ambition for silverware and the feeling that many of us struggling supporters have that United are not doing enough in the transfer market. Yes he is also unhappy about being moved around and also benched for RVP, but hear me out for a second. Rooney would gladly play Attacking midfielder or Right Attacking Midfielder if he knew the club he was playing for was stacked with talent or especially if they added that one star talisman that would put them over the top and make them contend in Europe once again. Gareth Bale could do that but Cristiano Ronaldo would guarantee that. Ronaldo and Rooney are friends. Imagine what kind of a message acquiring a Ronaldo would send to a malcontent like Rooney? He would have to be the dumbest whack job ever born if he still wanted a transfer. Then again he is Wayne Rooney, nuff said.

I really feel that being bold in the transfer market is not a bad thing. But one has to be smart about it to. It’s all about knowing which targets are the most willing to come to your club and which teams are the most willing to sell when push comes to shove. Barcelona is not a team that can be bullied to sell. They don’t need the money and in the case of Cesc Fabregas, they have an asset they cannot afford to let go, especially having allowed Thiago to slip away due to a contractual fubar. United should have been smarter than to pursue this hopeless cause. You all know my reasoning for their pursuit but I won’t go into that again. Suffice it to say, they need to stay ambitious but they need to target attainable players. If it’s just a case of money then Ronaldo, Bale, Ibrahimovich, De Rossi, Fellani, Modric and others are out there ready to be had. No real obstacles exist when a player wants to come and insists on it to his present club.

MAKE IT SO DAVE. Force the hand of Team Glazer. Lets see if their promise to you was just a bluff or not. Go after Ronaldo or Bale and watch Wayne Rooney fall in line and beg forgiveness to all for his past trespasses.?It’s like getting two players in one deal. Ronaldo or Bale and a rejuvenated and highly motivated Rooney.

In closing I offer this message to Team Glazer. To make money, you need to spend money. Fergie is gone and so is his magic. This club needs an injection of new high priced talent if you expect this club to maintain the marketing allure and revenue stream it has had up to now. Allow this club to slide due to your inability and unwillingness to spend, and the revenue machine will start to squeak and skip a track until it derails completely like Liverpool. Your competitors are working overtime to dethrone your club once and for all. Now is not the time to slowly and cheaply retool with reserves. Manchester United has been top dog for twenty-five years now. We do not rebuild, we do not retool, WE RELOAD. That’s a warning and good advise all in one. Take it as you see fit or do us all a favour and sell the club to somebody who cares about the tradition of excellence, the product on the pitch as well as me and the millions of other supporters who have had just about enough of this dog and pony show. That’s my cunning plan. Hope that Baldrick is proud of me. It was either this or the use of really large turnip (see Blackadder for reference).

- See more at: http://redrants.com/new-plan-to-keep-wayne-rooney/?#sthash.yemMk1rF.dpuf

redrus

What Bale is waiting for and hoping for is that Manchester United makes a serious attempt to obtain his services.

Sorry Russ but that is exactly why United are called RAGs. What on earth makes the author so arrogant to think everyone's dream is to play for united

Enlighteningly red indeed. laugh.png

All kneel before Old Trafford eh?cheesy.gif

Tell this pal of yours that when we rip you off on our prima donna players we do it in style.

Bale for £120m and Moyes will be a God. biggrin.png

I'm not sure you read the post mate..... He is worth no more than 60 mill.... I think, most of the post is 'tongue in cheek' anyway.... whistling.gif

redrus

What Bale is waiting for and hoping for is that Manchester United makes a serious attempt to obtain his services.

Sorry Russ but that is exactly why United are called RAGs. What on earth makes the author so arrogant to think everyone's dream is to play for united

Repeat my post to Smokie mate, tongue in cheek....... Stop getting so worked up luv....., have a beer..... ;)giggle.gif

redrus

• Like 1

Repeat my post to Smokie mate, tongue in cheek....... Stop getting so worked up luv....., have a beer..... wink.pnggiggle.gif

Yeah right sweaty pie. You don't write articles that long when you believe it to be tongue in cheek.

Oh and I'll be having my beer in 2 days when I land in Thailand matey. thumbsup.gif

Repeat my post to Smokie mate, tongue in cheek....... Stop getting so worked up luv....., have a beer..... xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.HJgPQ3U3SA.pnggiggle.gif alt=giggle.gif>

Yeah right sweaty pie. You don't write articles that long when you believe it to be tongue in cheek.

Oh and I'll be having my beer in 2 days when I land in Thailand matey. thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif width=25 alt=thumbsup.gif>

I beleive that large sections of that post are tongue in cheek...... The writer clearly knows that the only thing likely to happen, is that Rooney stays... The others are, almost, just about, pipe dreams....... wink.png

Will I be seeing you at Xmas mate..?

I read it all mate....I'm convinced its real....prove its not! tongue.png

I've added it, you've questioned it....., you prove it..... wink.png

redrus

Hopefully a few of us might see you around Xmas. When are you arriving rus?

We'll be arriving on December 12th and, heading upto CM after 3 days in Bkk, then down to Lanta, I think... :P

redrus

We'll be arriving on December 12th and, heading upto CM after 3 days in Bkk, then down to Lanta, I think... :P

redrus

Thinking about a meet up 13th or 14th mate. ;)

• Like 1

We'll be arriving on December 12th and, heading upto CM after 3 days in Bkk, then down to Lanta, I think... tongue.png

redrus

Thinking about a meet up 13th or 14th mate. wink.png

Sounds good to me mate,... :D

redrus

• Like 1

Oh and I'll be having my beer in 2 days when I land in Thailand matey. thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif width=25 alt=thumbsup.gif>

Will I be seeing you at Xmas mate..?

Hope so matey

• Like 1

This is turning into the Arsenal thread.

Next you'll be winning invisible silverware too and have a coach that turns up to matches wearing a sleeping bag and plimsoles

It is not the end of the world then is it mate at least we would still finish higher than your lot.

This is turning into the Arsenal thread.

Next you'll be winning invisible silverware too and have a coach that turns up to matches wearing a sleeping bag and plimsoles

It is not the end of the world then is it mate at least we would still finish higher than your lot.

Will you really!! Well then you better find a midfield then, but its looking a highly unlikely achievement at this juncture isn't itwink.png