Manchester United

redrus

Signed anyone yet? biggrin.png

I'm sure it will happen soon.....whistling.gif

Best signing allready made pre-season Mr David Moyes manager-just wait and see thumbsup.gif

And the best post i've ever read on the football forumclap2.gif

Feel free to wrap this one up and give it to me on Xmas Day mate. laugh.png

Best signing allready made pre-season Mr David Moyes manager-just wait and see thumbsup.gif

And I'm working on the best post in response to this best ever post Carmine.

Give me til Christmas. Reckon I'll have a blinder by then.

ij you do let your self down some times mate.

Yes the same Modric that ripped us to shreds cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif after coming on at the 60 minute mark when Nani got sent off and we were down to 10 men and a goal up if you remember.rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

yeah red and we've seen enuf teams change shape and go on and win games after going down to 10 men you lost a winger not a holding midfielder or defender, but basically you wernt good enuf on the night and modric totally exploited that, capping an awesome little spell with a cracking goal and bingo,you were out.

Edited by rijit

Yes the same Modric that ripped us to shreds cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif after coming on at the 60 minute mark when Nani got sent off and we were down to 10 men and a goal up if you remember.rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

yeah red and we've seen enuf teams change shape and go on and win games after going down to 10 men you lost a winger not a holding midfeoiled or defender, but basically you wernt good enuf on the night and modric totally exploited that, capping an awesome little spell with a cracking goal and bingo,you were out.

Yes teams go down to ten and still go on to win games, but this isn't any team we are talking about, this is Real Madrid. Beating a team like this, at the very least you have to be on an even playing field. After 60 minutes, we no longer had that.

yeah red and we've seen enuf teams change shape and go on and win games after going down to 10 men you lost a winger not a holding midfielder or defender, but basically you wernt good enuf on the night and modric totally exploited that, capping an awesome little spell with a cracking goal and bingo,you were out.

Quite true mate we got knocked out by a significant team in a significant competition.

Modric exploited the terrible decision by the referee end of.

Quite true mate we got knocked out by a significant team in a significant competition.

but the bottom line is a full defense couldn't handle modric and In your opinion it was a terrible decision, have you appealed it and won ? Add that to murry boy changing his team shape almost immediately and Ferguson's decision/failure not to for 15? mins .and maybe you've got a clearer picture of the loss. but old news really.

Feel free to wrap this one up and give it to me on Xmas Day mate. laugh.png

Ah , come on give him a chance ,so FAR hes only managed to alienate rooney,and not sign anyone and hes still got plenty of time to keep us thoroughly amused clap2.gif

Funny but Ferguson was always a big vocal fan of Modric.

As you fall into decline even the opinions of Utd fans are differing from his.

At this stage i can only see Utd fighting for sixth position in the league. So much rests on the form and fitness of Van Persie it must be scary for you.

• Like 1

Funny but Ferguson was always a big vocal fan of Modric.

As you fall into decline even the opinions of Utd fans are differing from his.

At this stage i can only see Utd fighting for sixth position in the league. So much rests on the form and fitness of Van Persie it must be scary for you.

Not scary at all mate, its only a game of Football, i was there when we was in the 2nd division, i have seen the highs and lows and no matter what happens from now on i will support my team, if we have a few barren years and it makes some of the knobs who have attached themselves to united <deleted> off and latch themselves to some other team so be it.

I am more excited about the young ones coming through, than signing a big name player on a huge pay day just to please the fans.

Very true mate

It is so good to see everybody supporting there teams also and expecting them to do well this coming season.....the bit that is interesting is that in there hearts they all are also soooo interested in seeing United fail and thus jumping on the band wagon at any given opportunity,the jealousy is clear and the success we have had and still will have eats away at them.

There is a very good chance United will win the league again this year without buying anybody and without Rooney how good would that be? time will tell but i would rather put my money on a tried and tested formula with experience.....thing is there are no takers bar two on here....and they are not Spurs fans biggrin.png

Time for a pint nev PM me

yeah could be true single but as carmine says fair play to nev' for coming out with a 'reasoned ' answer , though not quite 100 % convinced by the last bit but semantics really and won't excuse them from getting some stick, its oh so.so so so due !!!!

1 Fellaini, according to the Utd thread is a much better player than Cesc Fabregas

2 The best buy this transfer window is David Moyes. (stability stability stability..........yawn)

3 Theres a very good chance Utd will win the league this season without even buying a player.

Remember where you were when you read their gibberishcheesy.gif

• Like 1

but i would rather put my money on a tried and tested formula with experience.....

Can you elaborate on that bit red ! or is it another way of saying "we ain't buying anyone so we have to make do with what we had last year" biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

1 Fellaini, according to the Utd thread is a much better player than Cesc Fabregas

2 The best buy this transfer window is David Moyes. (stability stability stability..........yawn)

3 Theres a very good chance Utd will win the league this season without even buying a player.

Remember where you were when you read their gibberishcheesy.gif

Yes, that famous man u motto, "always make a positive out of a negative even if it is a load of <deleted>"cheesy.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Tbh I don't mind where Man U finish so long as it is behind Chelsea.

What fails to amaze me is how they didn't get a TOP manager in.

I look forward to seeing the new Spurs team play under AVB and the possibility of what Harry would describe as "exciting football."

I cannot get enthusiastic about Moyes.

Sorry.

SP

Chav who watches his team play other teams.

• Like 1

but i would rather put my money on a tried and tested formula with experience.....

Can you elaborate on that bit red ! or is it another way of saying "we ain't buying anyone so we have to make do with what we had last year" biggrin.png

Are you trying to say that last years team was bad ? It was if I remember correctly good enough to win the League AGAIN BY a good margin.! coffee1.gif

BTbiggrin.png

Modric for me is also not what we want.

Why not?

He is overrated

really? , thought he totally ripped you to shreds in that last meeting, around the edge of the box that evening he was unplayable, probably why Ferguson declared an interest. However, I could be weong but my guess would be u will be looking at kagawa 2 do that sort of job for you next year, IMO what u need is more a player that controls the middle of the park and keeps possession goes forward and things ticking over The simple looking stuff, which at the end, was what scholes was so good at. But ure buying fellani??? not sure on that one, bit of muscle of the strikers was where he was really effective early doors last season for everton , not so sure he's as good or effective elsewhere though, perhaps moyes sees him for somewhere else??

Fellaini will add a presence in the box and as you say 'a bit of muscle'. IMO he's a bit over rated as a midfielder and in most of the games I saw him play, he seemed to want to lay the ball off quickly, almost every time he got it. I think United need a player who can keep the ball, look at the options, spray it around a bit and also set the tempo...not sure who is available that could do that job at the highest level.....Modric, Schweinsteiger, Yaya? biggrin.png

Edited by uptheos

Cannot wait for tomorrow the season well and truly starts, and a chance for the hack Moyes to win his first trophy, Wigan are slight favourites i think but if RVP has a blinder there is a chance we might nick it but i am not holding my breath.

• Like 1

Are you trying to say that last years team was bad ? It was if I remember correctly good enough to win the League AGAIN BY a good margin.! coffee1.gif

BTbiggrin.png

If you read the post i wasn't saying anything facepalm.gif

NAh alfie its more like 'we CANT buy anyone'cheesy.gif

Is anyone else giggling at the prospect of seeing a nervous david Moyes in the dugout as opposed to ferguson standing on the touchline, glaring, just daring the officials to make a 50/50 against United!!

Life ain't going to be the same on a level playing field

Wigan at wembleys a must win btw. Thats gone from a routine petty bitch slap to a real game xph34r.png.pagespeed.ic.GOH20nhrx_.png

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

BTbiggrin.png

If you read the post i wasn't saying anything facepalm.gif

So NO change there then just your ramblings. whistling.gif

BT biggrin.png

Ouch.

Stability, stability, stability.

Giggsy and Scholes played their part last season unless I am mistaken.

Not every game, not 90 minutes.

Giggsy is still great but getting older.

Scholes (brilliant midfielder, one of the best of all time) has retired.

The squad is less strong, and they have Moyes and not Ferguson.

Beat the s*** out of me if I am talking boll***s.

Cheers.

• Like 1