Manchester United

redrus

lets see if Manure can make it a hat-trick of losses at home lol, I for one would love! for this to happen, oh please, PLEASE happen. laugh.png

How sad you are Troll coffee1.gif

BT

I'm extremely happy here waiting for my team Real Madrid to rip FC Copenhagen apart, whilst keeping a close eye on the result at old cemetery trafford. Oh what a joyous day is in store tomorrow. laugh.pngtongue.pngbiggrin.png

• Like 1

When are United going to groom Jones for the centre half spot, which is where I think he could do well.

Yes Ups, a bit of a donkey in midfield.

Ferdinand's 'gone', too slow now and they should play Jones alongside Vidic while he's still available to partner him. He's big, strong and as you said not suited to midfield. I think he could do well at centre half.

Looking at some of the signings that AF made not too long ago they aren't that great and I reckon the sooner Moyes gets rid of them the better, i.e, Young, Nani, Cleverley, Hernandez, maybe Kagewa & Valencia and I think for sure Evra. Moyes really needs to show some bottle and bring in new blood from somewhere, though after paying 27 Mil for Fellaini when his release clause was 23Mil, doesn't give much faith in his judgement.. Whilst he was farting around with Fabregas and Fellaini for silly money, Wenger bought a class player and snapped up Flamini for nothing!

First two players Moyes should try to sign, the one who scored against them, Cabaye and Baines of course.

When are United going to groom Jones for the centre half spot, which is where I think he could do well.

When we buy a midfielder.

It was a mistake to buy Felliani and the 5 year deal for Nani surely was to get a decent transfer fee for him.

Michael Carrick should be back soon then Jones will play at the back.

Let Moyes decide his best side when he has had the opportunity and time to assess all the players he has inherited-I,m sure as Everton,s manager he knew United,s strength,s and weaknesess? all MUFC fans have known for quite some time that our midfield has lacked real quality,moreso since Paul Scholes retired last season-if Moyes had have come in and started swinging the axe straight away the press and the ABU,s would be sledging him for not giving them the opportunity to show him what they can do,he is making his own judgements as he should be allowed to do-I,m sure as time goes on players will come in and others offloaded.

I have read before on here critisism about Moyes,s ability to attract top players to O T-as a MUFC fan I am only concerned about players WANTING to play for this great club-the manager is irrelevent.It was reported 3 seasons ago about SAF being interested in Wesley Sneijder and Fergies inability to sign him (press reports of course)the fact that Sneijder was more concerned about his pay-packet that playing for United was the reason Fergie lost interest.

Edited by petermik
  • Like 2

Let Moyes decide his best side when he has had the opportunity and time to assess all the players he has inherited

So 4-5 months of training and 30-odd matches isn't enough then?

blink.png

I suggest you should go into football management-with your intuition/technical knowledge you would be a sensation-I have a contact within the F.A. is there any possibility you could help Roy Hodgson with the World Cup preparations?

Seriously?

You don't think training with the players for that long and watching them in that number of matches is not "the opportunity and time to assess all the players he has inherited".

So he won't be buying or selling in the January window then. How can he, if he hasn't had enough time?

facepalm.gif

Let Moyes decide his best side when he has had the opportunity and time to assess all the players he has inherited-I,m sure as Everton,s manager he knew United,s strength,s and weaknesess? all MUFC fans have known for quite some time that our midfield has lacked real quality,moreso since Paul Scholes retired last season-if Moyes had have come in and started swinging the axe straight away the press and the ABU,s would be sledging him for not giving them the opportunity to show him what they can do,he is making his own judgements as he should be allowed to do-I,m sure as time goes on players will come in and others offloaded.

I have read before on here critisism about Moyes,s ability to attract top players to O T-as a MUFC fan I am only concerned about players WANTING to play for this great club-the manager is irrelevent.It was reported 3 seasons ago about SAF being interested in Wesley Sneijder and Fergies inability to sign him (press reports of course)the fact that Sneijder was more concerned about his pay-packet that playing for United was the reason Fergie lost interest.

I agree with all that you say bar the initial statement and i'm even having to agree with chicoq!! Moyes has had plenty of time to assess all the players! He should be definitely be in a position to have identified the extra players needed. Its more a problem of who's available. Of the current team, I see Jones' future as potentially being an extremely good center back and in the immediate you really need Carrick back.

Let Moyes decide his best side when he has had the opportunity and time to assess all the players he has inherited

So 4-5 months of training and 30-odd matches isn't enough then?

blink.png

I suggest you should go into football management-with your intuition/technical knowledge you would be a sensation-I have a contact within the F.A. is there any possibility you could help Roy Hodgson with the World Cup preparations?

Even though Hodgson only works on an infrequent basis with the England team, I've yet to hear anybody say that he needs more time to assess the players. So the FA probably don't require Chiccy's services just yet. However, United may do better with Chiccy, if after working daily with all these players Moyes still needs more time to get to know them. Maybe if he opened the door of his darkened room and went on to the training grounds a bit more, there's a good chance he might be able to assess them more.

Come on now chaps ....we all know he can't buy or sell until the transfer window opens don't we! wink.png

To be fair to the players he has to give them the chance and see them over a period of time because of injuries ...loss of form excetera .....i don't think anyone will go in the January window but come the summer he will make much bigger changes.

The positive is he tried to get top quality players in the summer but missed out and the negative he bought Felliaini,his only mistake so far for me.

Fortunately we never bought loads of average players like some teams and still have the money to go in and get a top quality player or two either in January or at the end of the season,so in the big scheme of things i think (other than the mop)he has been restrained and done the correct thing in accessing the whole squad and what is needed for the future.

A good Champions League campaign with only 3 goals conceded(the lowest of all the teams)and no defeats will stand us in good stead for the coming matches.

I agree with Carmine.... Carrick is badly missed at present and i hope he is back next week as he is training again now.

Come on now chaps ....we all know he can't buy or sell until the transfer window opens don't we! wink.png

To be fair to the players he has to give them the chance and see them over a period of time because of injuries ...loss of form excetera .....i don't think anyone will go in the January window but come the summer he will make much bigger changes.

The positive is he tried to get top quality players in the summer but missed out and the negative he bought Felliaini,his only mistake so far for me.

Fortunately we never bought loads of average players like some teams and still have the money to go in and get a top quality player or two either in January or at the end of the season,so in the big scheme of things i think (other than the mop)he has been restrained and done the correct thing in accessing the whole squad and what is needed for the future.

A good Champions League campaign with only 3 goals conceded(the lowest of all the teams)and no defeats will stand us in good stead for the coming matches.

I agree with Carmine.... Carrick is badly missed at present and i hope he is back next week as he is training again now.

That's far better reasoning than "he hasn't had time to assess his players" thumbsup.gif

Yeah mate not happy with him either,although to be fair his position also needs time to get used to after the very clever and articulate David Gill.

You have to seriously question a transition time of zero days when bringing in a new manager.

Whose decision was that?

What are you saying it would of been better to keep Ferguson there with Moyes for a few weeks?

I think that happened anyway although in a very minimal capacity, Moyes has already stated that if he needs any info he can call Fergie but that is where it ends and should do as we wouldn't want people thinking Fergie still has a controlling factor like Roy Keane insinuated would we whistling.gif

To be honest he will be given a good season to take stock of the players teh club and the position he is in and in that time we hope his decisions are correct and that includes the players he has coming in and the ones he wants to get rid of.....for me as i have said before Felliani was a pacifying buy for the media and teh fans after missing out on much better and more high profile players.....that was his only one mistake so far but the blame for a lot of that should go to Woodward and the board for the ease they paid that crazy money for him and just because it was easy to get him from his previous club.

I think we did go in for Bale at the last minute so this proves we can compete with anyone when the next two windows open so that in itself is heart warming for any United fan.

What are you saying it would of been better to keep Ferguson there with Moyes for a few weeks?

I think that happened anyway although in a very minimal capacity, Moyes has already stated that if he needs any info he can call Fergie but that is where it ends and should do as we wouldn't want people thinking Fergie still has a controlling factor like Roy Keane insinuated would we whistling.gif

To be honest he will be given a good season to take stock of the players teh club and the position he is in and in that time we hope his decisions are correct and that includes the players he has coming in and the ones he wants to get rid of.....for me as i have said before Felliani was a pacifying buy for the media and teh fans after missing out on much better and more high profile players.....that was his only one mistake so far but the blame for a lot of that should go to Woodward and the board for the ease they paid that crazy money for him and just because it was easy to get him from his previous club.

I think we did go in for Bale at the last minute so this proves we can compete with anyone when the next two windows open so that in itself is heart warming for any United fan.

United have always been in a position to compete financially. Heartwarming as that may be isn't it more a case of "what decent players are available?"

btw, whys Van Persie so pissed off?

United have always been in a position to compete financially. Heartwarming as that may be isn't it more a case of "what decent players are available?"

Agreed we did try for a couple of Spanish ones a few times didn't we!

I don't know anything about Van Persie .........have you got any legitimate links to why he is apparently pissed off apart from "the word" form uncle Lawrenson? i wouldn't hold my breath mate wink.png

Agreed we did try for a couple of Spanish ones a few times didn't we!

I don't know anything about Van Persie .........have you got any legitimate links to why he is apparently pissed off apart from "the word" form uncle Lawrenson? i wouldn't hold my breath mate wink.png

Had a face like a smacked arse. Maybe he was angry at being made to play when he clearly wasn't fit.

You might remember me saying last august that Modric would be a good fit, but he's starting quite regularly now at Madrid i believe. There just doesn't seem to be much available out there now. Maybe Moutinho is bored now playing in front of 5000 fans every other week as Falcao seems to be?

You couldn't get one at the beginning of the season, so what makes you think that they will come to you in Jan or the end of the season ?

You couldn't get one at the beginning of the season, so what makes you think that they will come to you in Jan or the end of the season ?

Money.

To be fair Alfredo trying to conduct transfers of players when for the most of it we were on the other side of the World didn't help...maybe also because of the pressure of getting the best in and putting all our eggs into Fabregas's basket didn't help either.....In a way apart from Felliani in hindsight i think it was a good idea to pull out of some deals that were done on lesser talented players and play the waiting game even if it has affected our start to the season.

I mean we could quite easily of bought say seven new players and still be waiting for them to perform at the standard required.....wink.png

As per normal Alfred your posts aimed at United at not attracting the best will be shot to flames and is a poor attempt to deflect the clear waste of 100 million on average players that are already considered mercenaries and the wonderkid who played for Roma is even going to be loaned out <deleted>! tongue.png

If you live in greenhouse don't throw stones.

Money.

To be fair Alfredo trying to conduct transfers of players when for the most of it we were on the other side of the World didn't help...maybe also because of the pressure of getting the best in and putting all our eggs into Fabregas's basket didn't help either.....In a way apart from Felliani in hindsight i think it was a good idea to pull out of some deals that were done on lesser talented players and play the waiting game even if it has affected our start to the season.

I mean we could quite easily of bought say seven new players and still be waiting for them to perform at the standard required.....wink.png

As per normal Alfred your posts aimed at United at not attracting the best will be shot to flames and is a poor attempt to deflect the clear waste of 100 million on average players that are already considered mercenaries and the wonderkid who played for Roma is even going to be loaned out <deleted>! tongue.png

Ok red, i'll looking forward to you coming on here every day saying this and that are done, todays the day and all the other <deleted> you were spouting on about in the close season.

Yes Mr.Red, but what a colossal mistake.

You know (knew) Fellaini's not good enough for United, I know it and probably Fellaini knows it........why on earth didn't Moyes know it?

Money.

Ok red, i'll looking forward to you coming on here every day saying this and that are done, todays the day and all the other <deleted> you were spouting on about in the close season.

Chill out Alfie son it was silly season as you lot well know ....one thing i was right about was monkey boy doing one though eh! wink.png