Manchester United

redrus

Hated, adored, never ignored.

By heck Moysie, this'll get the United thread post count up, mostly with inane drivel about Carrick n Gary Neville just being "average" players but ho hum, beggars can't be choosers.

Go on then, are you going to tell me Carrick and Neville are "world class" or something?

Great Club players for Ferguson doing what they're told, average anywhere else at best.

And shown for the clueless sh*t they are whenever playing for England.

I think you need to look at both players records for England before you start spouting your usual clueless crap.

I must have forgotten all those trophies England have won with them playing (usually badly).

Let's see.... Euro....er..... World Cup.... er..... Confed.... er....

Oh, come on, remind me.

Tell me about their playing records for England and how many goals Carrick has scored against Andorra or San Marino.

coffee1.gif

biggrin.png

Edited by Chicog

You will eventually have to face what seems to everybody else....he was not a Manchester United calibre manager and never at any time over the past ten months did he ever show a sign of being one.

Well given that his only honours were a Second Division championship with Preston and a Community Shield with the side freshly inherited from Red Nose (against a Championship side), he hardly had the CV, did he?

Jesus, they don't dick about on Wikipedia, do they?

David William Moyes /mɔɪz/ (born 25 April 1963) is a Scottish football manager and former player. He was the manager of Manchester United from July 2013 until April 2014.

He should have been given more time.........................how do the Reading board feel now after sacking Brendan Rodgers whistling.gif

Given more time to do what exactly? He'd lost the dressing room, couldn't be trusted with the 150m rumored spend, seemingly lost the confidence of coaching staff like Giggs, failed to qualify for the CL, showed a total lack of tactical savvy, played players out of position all over the field, couldn't deal with the press conferences with any confidence...its just goes on and on. God forbid what would happen to your share value if his calamitous tenure had carried on.

You will eventually have to face what seems to everybody else....he was not a Manchester United calibre manager and never at any time over the past ten months did he ever show a sign of being one.

The "lost the dressing room line" gets trotted out virtually every time a manager gets sacked, and virtually every time it's trotted out by people who weren't within hundreds of miles of said dressing room and who really have no clue what was going on inside it or how the players really felt. Mata said just a few days ago about how he was behind the manager. The other players have been pretty quiet. Haven't heard anyone being outspoken about it. So how do we know?

As for the other stuff, yes, we all know things weren't going well, but as I said before, the belief and confidence wasn't particularly in Moyes, it was in the principle of giving time. Do you not agree that if you say you believe that people should be given time, you can't just back out of that belief if things aren't going well, and if you do, well then stop saying you believe in giving people time, cos clearly you don't. Easiest thing in the world to stand by people when things are going well.

• Like 1

Easiest thing in the world to stand by people when things are going well.

Also the easiest thing to do in public when privately you're telling everyone how useless he is.

Someone's going to get kicked out of the team over the summer and will write their kiss and tell in good time.

biggrin.png

Throwing money after sh*** DON'T WORK.

Glazer spot on.

Anyway, I've got to get ready now for a Tuesday evening kick about on the outskirts of Madrid.

And the UNITED management board need to get their ducks lined up.

Properly, this time.

He should have been given more time.........................how do the Reading board feel now after sacking Brendan Rodgers whistling.gif

Given more time to do what exactly? He'd lost the dressing room, couldn't be trusted with the 150m rumored spend, seemingly lost the confidence of coaching staff like Giggs, failed to qualify for the CL, showed a total lack of tactical savvy, played players out of position all over the field, couldn't deal with the press conferences with any confidence...its just goes on and on. God forbid what would happen to your share value if his calamitous tenure had carried on.

The "lost the dressing room line" gets trotted out virtually every time a manager gets sacked, and virtually every time it's trotted out by people who weren't within hundreds of miles of said dressing room and who really have no clue what was going on inside it or how the players really felt. Mata said just a few days ago about how he was behind the manager. The other players have been pretty quiet. Haven't heard anyone being outspoken about it. So how do we know?

As for the other stuff, yes, we all know things weren't going well, but as I said before, the belief and confidence wasn't particularly in Moyes, it was in the principle of giving time. Do you not agree that if you say you believe that people should be given time, you can't just back out of that belief if things aren't going well, and if you do, well then stop saying you believe in giving people time, cos clearly you don't. Easiest thing in the world to stand by people when things are going well.

Managers should be given time, but the question is how long? Also, the problem with Moyes was that Joe Public couldn't really see what his game plan was and how he was trying to achieve it. It all seemed a bit aimless and stagnant.

Several of us on here said that the next manager at United after SAF, was always going to be the fall guy. There was only one way to go after Fergie and that was downwards but I must admit, I didn't think he could drag them down this far. It exceeded my expectations by a mile.

So, now that the interim manager has gone and the interim-interim manager is in position, there can surely only be one direction that the manager proper can take you.

coal miner?

Must have been a young-un as he was playing when he was 16, Actually came from a shipyard background in Glasgow. Sally making up rubbish,,,,againcoffee1.gif

Thanks for that wilai, you are correct and I was wrong. I was mixing him up with another famous Scottish manager from a working class background.

Doesn't solve the mystery how Ferguson and Mourinho got on so well though.

Ferguson is even better friends with Guardiola, they've met regularly, including a meeting in New York around 2 years ago now, when he should have been at a UEFA managers meeting. Mourinho famously rang at the time to ask where he was.

That story was the original reason behind reports of Pep being Fergie's successor.

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

^

Championship..... wink.png

biggrin.png

Nah Russ. My personal pref would be to see you in the relegation scrap for a couple of years first tongue.png

Don't be daft, we'll win the league next year...... Oh Buddha, I sound like a Scouser..... :o

redrus

Ferguson is even better friends with Guardiola, they've met regularly, including a meeting in New York around 2 years ago now, when he should have been at a UEFA managers meeting. Mourinho famously rang at the time to ask where he was.

That story was the original reason behind reports of Pep being Fergie's successor.

redrus

Interesting about Pep. He's shown some frustration recently regarding some sniping from Bayern insiders about their recent drop in form. I think he's the kind of guy that won't tolerate much of that. He told Barca to stick it chop chop. I'd be surprised if United didn't at least send a feeler out in that direction.

^

biggrin.png

Nah Russ. My personal pref would be to see you in the relegation scrap for a couple of years first tongue.png

Don't be daft, we'll win the league next year...... Oh Buddha, I sound like a Scouser..... ohmy.png

redrus

If you get Pep or Jose.

thumbsup.gif

^

^

He was always my number 1 choice to be fair......

Guardiola

Klopp

Hiddink

Simeone

VanGaal

.........Is my order of wants, I think the first 3 are pretty unlikely though I do admit.

redrus

Edited by redrus

^

^

Guardiola

Klopp

Hiddink

Simeone

VanGaal

.........Is my order of wants, I think the first 3 are pretty unlikely though I do admit.

Interesting. Not a scot or brit on the list. We got slagged (not by you) for getting foreigners

^

^

Guardiola

Klopp

Hiddink

Simeone

VanGaal

redrus

Simeone would be a brave and exciting choice.

One thing he does also possess which is vital for this job seems to be colossal self confidence. Don't think this guy would have any problem talking the talk.

• Like 1

^

biggrin.png

Don't be daft, we'll win the league next year...... Oh Buddha, I sound like a Scouser..... ohmy.png

redrus

Might be a good time to get on the Moaners at a decent price - once they appoint a decent manager and buy some decent players, they will be like the Scousers this year - no European distractions midweek, less injuries, better rested players, etc.

The price will nosedive accordingly, the bookies aren't stupid.

Added: Can't see one for 2014/15 yet, at least not on WH.

Edited by Chicog

Why did Pep turn it down first time round?

It wasn't offered. The time wasn't right and by the time it was, he'd gone to Bayern Munchen.

redrus

^

^

Guardiola

Klopp

Hiddink

Simeone

VanGaal

redrus

Simeone would be a brave and exciting choice.

One thing he does also possess which is vital for this job seems to be colossal self confidence. Don't think this guy would have any problem talking the talk.

I like Simeone, but can you see him patrolling the pitch at Old Trafford in his black pimp suit and greasy ducktail ? It would sure as hell be a drastic change.biggrin.png

• Like 2

It wasn't offered. The time wasn't right and by the time it was, he'd gone to Bayern Munchen.

redrus

Are you sure rus?

Story I heard was Fergie and Pep met in a fancy NY restaurant when Pep was resting up between jobs.

Later on, like quite recently, Pep made a joke of it saying he didn't know if Fergie had offered him a job or not because he couldn't understand the Scottish accent.

Maybe they both just got pissed together and had a giraffe.

redrus

Are you sure rus?

Story I heard was Fergie and Pep met in a fancy NY restaurant when Pep was resting up between jobs.

Later on, like quite recently, Pep made a joke of it saying he didn't know if Fergie had offered him a job or not because he couldn't understand the Scottish accent.

If United fans found out Ferguson selected Moyes for the job over Guardiola they'll be a lynch mob out for himlaugh.png

Sorry mate but thats too mad to even try to comprehend!

• Like 1

redrus

Are you sure rus?

Promise you 100%, it was categorically NOT offered, Pep was just joking.

redrus

• Like 1

Simeone is class. I can't wait to see the pimp suit and greasy ducktail later tonight.w00t.gif

Course if Jose and Pep would have met in a NY restaurant, Jose would have placed a Colt 44 Magnum behind the cistern.

No love lost there.

biggrin.png

redrus

Are you sure rus?

Promise you 100%, it was categorically NOT offered, Pep was just joking.

redrus

Then it does beg the question; why not?