Manchester United

redrus

wont it be boss if it's Everton that av got the ginger prick the sack..

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Looks like the storm clouds are gathering!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/471604/David-Moyes-for-the-SACK-Man-Utd-set-to-AXE-boss-after-Everton-defeat

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/375386/David-Moyes-to-be-SACKED-as-Manchester-United-boss

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2014-04-21/man-united-to-sack-manager-moyes/

To be fair, I think most of you guys accept it, except petermlk from a village in Manchester, who listens to Greater Mnchester radiocheesy.gif

Personally, I think it is inevitable that he will go. Forget stability, stability. No way do they trust Moyes in the summer market

Agreed with that Jack, and not only because management won't trust him with the money. He's just not up to the job all the way around. I think management will cut their losses early. I can't see them gambling that Moyes has the capability to be a fine manager of United come next season, when there has been absolutely no indication that he has it in him. In addition, if United continue to play this poorly the next few weeks there will be a groundswell of fans demanding Moyes' head. Too much ugliness for the suits.

• Like 1

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/471604/David-Moyes-for-the-SACK-Man-Utd-set-to-AXE-boss-after-Everton-defeat

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/375386/David-Moyes-to-be-SACKED-as-Manchester-United-boss

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2014-04-21/man-united-to-sack-manager-moyes/

To be fair, I think most of you guys accept it, except petermlk from a village in Manchester, who listens to Greater Mnchester radiocheesy.gif

Personally, I think it is inevitable that he will go. Forget stability, stability. No way do they trust Moyes in the summer market

Answering my own point.....

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/david-moyes-to-be-sacked-how-the-manchester-united-manager-paid-for-failure-in-the-transfer-market-9273268.html

Since when did Evertonians start hating Moyes? When he left Everton my recollections were that they were happy that he had been loyal to the club for as long as he had, they thought he did a good job considering the money he had to spend, and understood why he couldn't pass up the offer to go to United. At least that was my general impression of how he left the club. Am I wrong?

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Agreed with that Jack, and not only because management won't trust him with the money. He's just not up to the job all the way around. I think management will cut their losses early. I can't see them gambling that Moyes has the capability to be a fine manager of United come next season, when there has been absolutely no indication that he has it in him. In addition, if United continue to play this poorly the next few weeks there will be a groundswell of fans demanding Moyes' head. Too much ugliness for the suits.

Its all very well the likes of petermlk harping on about Ferguson..... he was a freak of nature and football has changed dramatically the last 25 yrs. There will never be another manager stay with a modern day club for 25 yrs again, no matter who he is.

United are a PLC and the suits and shareholders are baying for blood..... just a Mata of time

• Like 1

Since when did Evertonians start hating Moyes? When he left Everton my recollections were that they were happy that he had been loyal to the club for as long as he had, they thought he did a good job considering the money he had to spend, and understood why he couldn't pass up the offer to go to United. At least that was my general impression of how he left the club. Am I wrong?

I think its because of how he went about trying to get Baines and Fellaini, though in hindsight the Fellaini transfer was a brainwave....... for the rest of the Premiership

• Like 1

Sky News: "Manchester United is offering no comment on reports that Manager David Moyes is to be sacked".

In other words, they aren't denying it.

Bit pointless sacking him now anyway unless they still fancy their chances of qualifying for the Europa League.

Edited by Chicog

I think its because of how he went about trying to get Baines and Fellaini, though in hindsight the Fellaini transfer was a brainwave....... for the rest of the Premiership

Yes seems you are right Jack. Just reading about Tim Howard saying how disappointed he was with their supporters booing Moyes, and the reason given was as you say to do with attempted transfers. Fair enough and up to them how they feel about past managers/players, I just hope we wouldn't be so quick to turn on one of ours.

Yes seems you are right Jack. Just reading about Tim Howard saying how disappointed he was with their supporters booing Moyes, and the reason given was as you say to do with attempted transfers. Fair enough and up to them how they feel about past managers/players, I just hope we wouldn't be so quick to turn on one of ours.

ask Paul ince when he went to lpool.

I didnt follow the ins and outs st the time of the attempted transfers, but I just vaguely remember it.

However I remember when Rodgers moved from Swansea to Liverpool there was something about a gentlemans agreement that he would not 'raid' Swansea players . Yet he did sign Joe Allen without any issues or grievances as I remember. So I guess its about how the business is/was conducted. I seem to remember Everton being p!ssed off with Moyes re Baines and Fellaini, but Swansea were fine with Rodgers.

ask Paul ince when he went to lpool.

If Moyes had moved from Everton to Liverpool then yeah, of course there would have been hostility. Same goes for a United player moving there.

I just hope we wouldn't be so quick to turn on one of ours.

Best not mention how Schmeichel was branded a traitor, or the rousing reception Tevez got or the names Shearer was called for having the gaul to refuse to even sign for you.
What's the relevance of Shearer? He was never one of ours.

As for going to city rivals or Liverpool, well yeah, if a manager or a player does that, they do so knowing that their name will be mud. Don't think United are any different on this matter.

Quite a thought that both the tiny totts and merchandise united will be fighting over a manager and players this summer. But the positive for them is to look at Liverpool and see how well you can do without the distractions of domestic and european competition.

That is but a minor part that has lead to lIverpool's current circumstance

Rubbish, playing four games a month is a blessing when everyone else is playing up to 8.

But of course you'll learn all about that next year.

biggrin.png

I didn't say it twas not a factor good lady, only that it was not the only reason we are where we are. You don't turn around a team like that just from not having a kick about in Sevastopol on Thursday night. The Rodgers Factor has played the lion's share of this circumstance.

We will man up next season, not like your big girls blouses.....Rubbish my arse!tongue.png

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 2

Best not mention how Schmeichel was branded a traitor, or the rousing reception Tevez got or the names Shearer was called for having the gaul to refuse to even sign for you.

As for going to city rivals or Liverpool, well yeah, if a manager or a player does that, they do so knowing that their name will be mud. Don't think United are any different on this matter.

The point about Shearer was exactly as I mentioned. I pointed out that he wasn't even one of yours but United fans turned on him just cos he turned you down.

As for the others. You initially said that you "hope we wouldn't be so quick to turn on one of ours". I was just pointing out that you did but sorry, I didn't realise there was a caveat of going to rivals. Sorry about that.

The point about Shearer was exactly as I mentioned. I pointed out that he wasn't even one of yours but United fans turned on him just cos he turned you down.

As for the others. You initially said that you "hope we wouldn't be so quick to turn on one of ours". I was just pointing out that you did but sorry, I didn't realise there was a caveat of going to rivals. Sorry about that.

Still don't get the Shearer thing. Was never one of ours, so hardly difficult to turn on him was it.

As for the caveat, yeah, should have mentioned it I guess, just thought it went without saying. If Fergie had give to City or Liverpool, even considering all that he did for us, would have hated him too. Cardinal sin.

At the end of the day, if Evertonians hate Moyes, he's their ex manager, (maybe ours too) it's up to them how they feel about him. No skin off my nose whatsoever. I was just a bit surprised is all.

David Moyes is facing the sack as Manchester United manager in the next 24 hours, according to Sky sources.

The outgoing Premier League champions have refused to comment on the widespread reports on Monday afternoon, but Sky sources suggest Moyes will be gone by Tuesday at the latest.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9276770/reports-suggest-david-moyes-has-been-sacked-as-manchester-united-manager

What I want to know is which will come first......

A statement from MUFC stating that they have let Moyes go OR

A post from petermlk saying that there is no way Moyes will be sacked as United are 'different' from other clubs.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You're on a roll Jack.laugh.png

A post from petermlk saying that there is no way Moyes will be sacked as United are 'different' from other clubs.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Yep...... got to keep myself amused so I can keep awake for tonights game thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

A sad figure Moyes will be. Handpicked by God and down the drain in a heartbeat. You have to wonder where he will go from United.

He won't go anywhere for a while. He will get a giant payoff or collect a salary for the next 5 years.

Yep...... got to keep myself amused so I can keep awake for tonights game thumbsup.gif

I hope we are having as much fun at 4AM BKK time.wink.png

• Like 1

You have to wonder where he will go from United.

Don't shed too many a tear jelly, with the pay out he'll get, he'll be able to retire somewhere nice. Not too hot though or he'll burn like a lobster with his skin and hair colour.
allways the next lord of the rings movie.

• Like 1