Manchester United

redrus

quite mental that clubs like man united and spurs are being linked with a manager as old and temperamental as louis van gaal.

wouldn't surprise me that much to see united go back to everton again and try and poach martinez.

• Like 1

quite mental that clubs like man united and spurs are being linked with a manager as old and temperamental as louis van gaal.

wouldn't surprise me that much to see united go back to everton again and try and poach martinez.

....and Leighton Baines?

facepalm.gif

I think he was a total non starter for the job but the removal of Ferguson's back room staff was the end and frankly, after taking this absurdly stupid decision, why should anyone have sympathy for him.

It was a decision that surprised and disappointed me too, but after giving it some thought, I realized that it was of those damned if you do, damned if you don't situations. Keep Fergie's back room staff and be accused of not being your own man, of being in the shadow of the predecessor, bring in your own back room staff and be accused of making too many changes.

Either choice Moyes decided to make would have been fine if the results had been good, and likewise, either choice was open to ridicule if the results weren't good.

• Like 1

....and Leighton Baines?

facepalm.gif

possibly. think that and martinez would depend very much on where everton finish this season.

united going for an old school senior madman like van gaal seems really odd to me.

but then as rixalex has pointed out many times, there's more needs sorting out there than just a change of manager. they're in major overhaul territory. when even a boyhood united fan like welbeck is making noises about leaving you know all is very far from well internally.

• Like 2

Don't quite see the relevance of "old" in this scenario. Experience is possibly just what is needs to carry the club through this unique transitional period and i'd wager the Glasiers would be happier entrusting the transfer funds to the hands of an experienced campaigner.

Look what Jupp Hynckes did for Bayern right up till his later sixties. Vincente Del Bosque managed the Spanish world cup winning side at a similar age. ferguson carried on well into his seventies.

An old head might be exactly whats needed at United for a couple of seasons

....and Leighton Baines?

facepalm.gif

Baines is thirty now isn't he? If so, can't see it.

Don't quite see the relevance of "old" in this scenario. Experience is possibly just what is needs to carry the club through this unique transitional period and i'd wager the Glasiers would be happier entrusting the transfer funds to the hands of an experienced campaigner.

Look what Jupp Hynckes did for Bayern right up till his later sixties. Vincente Del Bosque managed the Spanish world cup winning side at a similar age. ferguson carried on well into his seventies.

Might bring Wilf McGuinness back then.smile.png

ferguson *was* the old head though. it was meant to be a smooth handing over of the reins to a new up and coming tactically smart, inspirational young manager. they just made a shocking choice though.

from guardiola and klopp through rodgers and martinez to simeone and frank de boer, there's plenty around demonstrating savvy, leadership and new ideas too.

....and Leighton Baines?

facepalm.gif

Baines is thirty now isn't he? If so, can't see it.

It was a disguised reference to the Moyes-Fellaini-LB fiasco, carmine.

Sorry for the confusion.

wai2.gif

ferguson *was* the old head though. it was meant to be a smooth handing over of the reins to a new up and coming tactically smart, inspirational young manager. they just made a shocking choice though.

from guardiola and klopp through rodgers and martinez to simeone and frank de boer, there's plenty around demonstrating savvy, leadership and new ideas too.

Theres some around but how many are available. De Boers only done three seasons with Ajax in the Eridvese so doesn't possess great experience, its unlikely that Guardiola or Klopp could be enticed and i'm not sure that Simeone has all the experience for the mountain of work needed to be done throughout the club. Martinez might well be the most realistic and qualified choice in this instance.

Edited by carmine

....and Leighton Baines?

facepalm.gif

possibly. think that and martinez would depend very much on where everton finish this season.

united going for an old school senior madman like van gaal seems really odd to me.

but then as rixalex has pointed out many times, there's more needs sorting out there than just a change of manager. they're in major overhaul territory. when even a boyhood united fan like welbeck is making noises about leaving you know all is very far from well internally.

Whoever they appoint will need to have experience in the transfer market both buying and selling.

They will need to have an idea of what they want and be ruthless obtaining it. Moyes dithered from the start with the Fabregas saga and eventually signed Fellaini. I'm not sure they would have bought Mata in January if Moyes wasn't feeling pressured. Having bought him, he really didn't know what to do with him. Somehow, I think if they could offload Rooney and his wage bill to Chelsea (sorry mjj), they could probably see things a little clearer. Mata still looks good to me, but you can't play both him and Rooney in the same position. Wellbeck looks as if he wants to leave, but that could now change.

I think there is a chance of getting Klopp. He is not going to beat Bayern to the league for a few years and he doesn't have a huge budget to work with. If he comes to United he will have a big budget and hopefully he can get the best out of Kagawa. Might be able to bag a couple of Dortmund players too!

I think there is a chance of getting Klopp. He is not going to beat Bayern to the league for a few years and he doesn't have a huge budget to work with. If he comes to United he will have a big budget and hopefully he can get the best out of Kagawa. Might be able to bag a couple of Dortmund players too!

Klopp is loyal, very much part of Dortmund. Its also been rumored for a while now he'd like to manager the national team after his current job. i just don't think this ones going to happen

Somehow, I think if they could offload Rooney and his wage bill to Chelsea (sorry mjj), they could probably see things a little clearer. Mata still looks good to me, but you can't play both him and Rooney in the same position. Wellbeck looks as if he wants to leave, but that could now change.

Rooney is our prize asset. If he didn't play for us, he would be exactly the sort of player we would hope to bring in. He's better than Mata for sure. Unless selling him is going to generate Ronaldo like money, just no point in losing him.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Somehow, I think if they could offload Rooney and his wage bill to Chelsea (sorry mjj), they could probably see things a little clearer. Mata still looks good to me, but you can't play both him and Rooney in the same position. Wellbeck looks as if he wants to leave, but that could now change.

Rooney is our prize asset. If he didn't play for us, he would be exactly the sort of player we would hope to bring in. He's better than Mata for sure. Unless selling him is going to generate Ronaldo like money, just no point in losing him.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

agree. which makes the mata signing all the more baffling.

how many you think are off in the summer rix? guardian journo has this plus now welbeck:

"Nemanja Vidic, the captain, has already announced he will depart in the summer and the futures of Rio Ferdinand and Patrice Evra are also in the balance. Javier Hernández, Shinji Kagawa, Darren Fletcher, Nani, Young, Cleverley, Alexander Büttner and Ryan Giggs are other members of Moyes's squad whose futures are likewise in doubt."

how many you think are off in the summer rix? guardian journo has this plus now welbeck:

"Nemanja Vidic, the captain, has already announced he will depart in the summer and the futures of Rio Ferdinand and Patrice Evra are also in the balance. Javier Hernández, Shinji Kagawa, Darren Fletcher, Nani, Young, Cleverley, Alexander Büttner and Ryan Giggs are other members of Moyes's squad whose futures are likewise in doubt."

Don't know mate but there's no doubt we need to make wholesale changes.

From that list, would be sorry to lose Buttner, Hernandez and Welbeck. Would quite like to hold onto Young and Kagawa too.

All really depends on who were are able to bring in.

• Like 1

Don't rule out the special one to be the second chosen one.wink.png

I don't think the owners would want to good name of Man Utd dragged through to gutter by Mourinho's behavior

biggrin.png

think this is true. moyes might be utterly out of his depth but at least he isn't poisonous vermin. think those were bobby charlton's actual words last summer as it goes.

• Like 1