Manchester United

redrus

Allegations of selling a few dodgy tickets makes him a scumsucking bottom feeder? Really? Who knew the standards were set so high. Certainly not me going from some of the fawning that goes on around here of some current day players and managers.

Cup Final tickets. At a time when United were not seeing a lot by way of silverware.

If that's his only crime still ten times the man a lot of those currently in the game I'd say.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think people underestimate Red Nose's forte: Building a silk purse out off 11 mostly sow's ears.

The likes of the Nevilles, Fletchers, Carricks and Jones are simply average players, but Red Nose had a unique talent for turning them into a fully functional footballing unit.

He is impossible to replace.

So United don't just need a new manager, they need a rake of new players.

tbh I am not totally comfortable with this adulation of Ferguson.

Martinez and Rodgers are fighting a battle the like of which Ferguson never saw.

Apologies for overdoing the military analogies, but big picture needs viewing.

Here speaks the Mourinho adulator.

• Like 2

Charlton's comments about Mourinho are an irrelevant distraction ( but nevertheless interesting).

Ferguson jumped ship when he knew he could no longer compete with a team of sow's ears.

He jumped over the side somewhat hastily and dumped it on Moyes.

SantiSuk's comments about lack of succession planning look absolutely spot on to me.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

By heck Moysie, this'll get the United thread post count up, mostly with inane drivel about Carrick n Gary Neville just being "average" players but ho hum, beggars can't be choosers.

Klopp has just officially ruled himself out, citing that he's just signed a big contract and does not break them..!

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think people underestimate Red Nose's forte: Building a silk purse out off 11 mostly sow's ears.

The likes of the Nevilles, Fletchers, Carricks and Jones are simply average players, but Red Nose had a unique talent for turning them into a fully functional footballing unit.

He is impossible to replace.

So United don't just need a new manager, they need a rake of new players.

tbh I am not totally comfortable with this adulation of Ferguson.

Martinez and Rodgers are fighting a battle the like of which Ferguson never saw.

Apologies for overdoing the military analogies, but big picture needs viewing.

Here speaks the Mourinho adulator.

No apologies from me for being impressed with Mourinho's CV.

Funny thing is Ferguson and Mourinho seemed to have some sort of special relationship.

I'm still trying to work that one out.

A coal miner from Scotland, and a fisherman from Portugal.

Must have had something in common.

Now then the glazers have started to worry.

They should sack that mop head to.

10 Million for 10 months work...i don't know...anyway back to the grindstone.

Don't count Mourinho out of joining United.

Edited by MrRed

By heck Moysie, this'll get the United thread post count up, mostly with inane drivel about Carrick n Gary Neville just being "average" players but ho hum, beggars can't be choosers.

Go on then, are you going to tell me Carrick and Neville are "world class" or something?

Great Club players for Ferguson doing what they're told, average anywhere else at best.

And shown for the clueless sh*t they are whenever playing for England.

Alleged ticket tout business is in my opinion just a good cover story to attempt to justify the hatred actually borne out of him being one of the main faces that was front and center during the 25 years of misery inflicted on the rest of the league. Taking a moral stand feels so much better than taking a bitter stand eh.

Go on then, are you going to tell me Carrick and Neville are "world class" or something?

Great Club players for Ferguson doing what they're told, average anywhere else at best.

Not even getting involved, your opinion is one I don't agree with, regularly.

Enjoy your moment.

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think you need to look at both players records for England before you start spouting your usual clueless crap.

• Like 1

Now then the glazers have started to worry.

They should sack that mop head to.

10 Million for 10 months work...i don't know...anyway back to the grindstone.

Don't count Mourinho out of joining United.

Welcome back mucker. I reckon you were on self imposed exile until Moyes left. tongue.png

can someone please tell me exactly what 'the united way' is regarding managers and them being given time etc etc? Its something Ive heard a lot in the last few weeks and months, the previous manager to Moyes had the job for over quarter of a century and apart from the first couple of years had huge success so how can anyone say that United have 'a way' where they give managers time regardless of results? What examples can they point to? Fergie's first few years at united was eons ago and irrelevant to modern day football...

BBC Sport's chief football writer Phil McNulty
Moyes sacked
Posted at 10:34
Lots of talk about "the Manchester United way" and stability as the counter argument to the sacking of manager David Moyes less than a year into a six-year contract.
No club has a "way" in the modern Premier League era. There is no time to have one when the rewards for success are so great and the penalties for failure so harsh.
If results are poor, if expectations are not met, the manager will lose his job.
There was also talk of "The Liverpool Way" but the bottom line is always results. In a similar echo of a manager being unable to grasp the scale of his job, Roy Hodgson soon found his bags packed and outside the door at Anfield when he did not get results.
  • Like 1

can someone please tell me exactly what 'the united way' is regarding managers and them being given time etc etc? Its something Ive heard a lot in the last few weeks and months, the previous manager to Moyes had the job for over quarter of a century and apart from the first couple of years had huge success so how can anyone say that United have 'a way' where they give managers time regardless of results? What examples can they point to? Fergie's first few years at united was eons ago and irrelevant to modern day football...

Moyes sacked

Lots of talk about "the Manchester United way" and stability as the counter argument to the sacking of manager David Moyes less than a year into a six-year contract.

No club has a "way" in the modern Premier League era. There is no time to have one when the rewards for success are so great and the penalties for failure so harsh.

If results are poor, if expectations are not met, the manager will lose his job.

There was also talk of "The Liverpool Way" but the bottom line is always results. In a similar echo of a manager being unable to grasp the scale of his job, Roy Hodgson soon found his bags packed and outside the door at Anfield when he did not get results.

Would have preferred Moyes been given more time, because I do believe in the principle of giving people time, and if you truly believe in it, you stick to it, regardless of results, but the decision was never in the hands of the fans, so I never made any prediction about how long he would be given.

Still, I daresay at other clubs, he wouldn't have even been given half a season before the axe fell.

• Like 2

Moyes sacked

Would have preferred Moyes been given more time, because I do believe in the principle of giving people time, and if you truly believe in it, you stick to it, regardless of results, but the decision was never in the hands of the fans, so I never made any prediction about how long
he would be given.

Still, I daresay at other clubs, he wouldn't have even been given half a season before the axe fell.

beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

The horse is dead.

As in the Monty Python sketch....this parrot is dead, deceased, passed on etc.

Always look on the bright side.

Now you can move forward.

Great news that he has been sacked, he was way out of his depth managing united, now we can start building from this season which has been a disaster, maybe a extra large leo with my dinner tonight for me tonighttongue.pngtongue.png .

Mr red pm me mate we have to catch up for a beer if you are still in kk. nev

He should have been given more time.........................how do the Reading board feel now after sacking Brendan Rodgers whistling.gif

Given more time to do what exactly? He'd lost the dressing room, couldn't be trusted with the 150m rumored spend, seemingly lost the confidence of coaching staff like Giggs, failed to qualify for the CL, showed a total lack of tactical savvy, played players out of position all over the field, couldn't deal with the press conferences with any confidence...its just goes on and on. God forbid what would happen to your share value if his calamitous tenure had carried on.

You will eventually have to face what seems clear to everybody else....he was not a Manchester United calibre manager and never at any time over the past ten months did he ever show a sign of being one.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2