Manchester United

redrus

^

Are you reading this thread, I already answered that question..!

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Oh yes, missed that. I'm multi tasking!thumbsup.gif

Huh, I always presumed Carmine was a blokes name.... :o

redrus

• Like 1

Easiest thing in the world to stand by people when things are going well.

Also the easiest thing to do in public when privately you're telling everyone how useless he is.

Someone's going to get kicked out of the team over the summer and will write their kiss and tell in good time.

biggrin.png

Footballers tend to have big mouths and like the sound of their own voices, hence not much ever stays private. Papers would have been over them like a rash too.

^

redrus

Huh, I always presumed Carmine was a blokes name.... ohmy.png

redrus

Sorry i'm just smiling to myself right now at the potential prospect of Sir Bobby standing next to the newly appointment pimp/manager, suited, slicked back Diego Simeone!! That would become a legendary snapshot. Can you imagine how bizarre those two would look together! laugh.png

• Like 1

^

redrus

Huh, I always presumed Carmine was a blokes name.... ohmy.png

redrus

Sorry i'm just smiling to myself right now at the potential prospect of Sir Bobby standing next to the newly appointment pimp/manager, suited, slicked back Diego Simeone!! That would become a legendary snapshot. Can you imagine how bizarre those two would look together! laugh.png

thumbsup.gif

Simeone would go down in a heap and get Glazer to give Sir Bobby a red card.

Simeone and Beckham could work though.

biggrin.png

You know the history I take it? smile.png

Well if Hiiddink is taking over the Dutch from LVG after the World Cup (contract signed ?), sensible money must surely be on LVG?

Personally I'd love to see Simeone at UNITED and in the EPL but he's on a roll at At Madrid.

So..........

The man from Bayern Munchen, he say no..., thats 2 down.

Guardiola

Klopp

Simeone

Hiddink

VanGaal

redrus

I imagine the Glazers will want an experienced manager with a big football pedigree. I doubt they will cotton up to the renegade looking Simeone. That leaves Hiddink and VanGaal on your list Russ. Didn't Hiddink recently agree to take over the Dutch team when VanGaal steps down ?

Ok by me.

Less threat to Chelsea than Simeone.

smile.png

I'm not sure about LVG.

2 years at Bayern 2009-11 and got the push.

Bayern have flown since he left.

62 year old ex National Team manager, twilight of his career.

No EPL experience, competing with some top dogs.

It doesn't feel reet to me.

But maybe that's how it has to be.

There is no one else. Unless we prize someone away with inordinate amounts of money, that we don't have..!

redrus

There is no one else. Unless we prize someone away with inordinate amounts of money, that we don't have..!

redrus

Understood rus.

LVG is what you might call a safe option.

If it was me I would stick my neck out and go for new blood like Simeone or Pochettino or somebody like that.

LVG is a bit like a classier Hodgson.

Dunno. Up to you guys. Biggest decision United have had to make in 26 years. Moyes was a blip.

He should have been given more time.........................how do the Reading board feel now after sacking Brendan Rodgers whistling.gif

Hes here..... Peter The Great!!!!

Now what was it you were saying?????cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Cant be bothered going back over months of dross that you wrote. I think this was one of the last gems.......................

He,s ALL class believe me red-or I wouldn,t be backing him...................time will tell and I promise I won,t say "told you so" wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif

cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

Ferguson is even better friends with Guardiola, they've met regularly, including a meeting in New York around 2 years ago now, when he should have been at a UEFA managers meeting. Mourinho famously rang at the time to ask where he was.

That story was the original reason behind reports of Pep being Fergie's successor.

redrus

Interesting about Pep. He's shown some frustration recently regarding some sniping from Bayern insiders about their recent drop in form. I think he's the kind of guy that won't tolerate much of that. He told Barca to stick it chop chop. I'd be surprised if United didn't at least send a feeler out in that direction.

He is coming our side of town in 2 yearsthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

redrus

Understood rus.

LVG is what you might call a safe option.

If it was me I would stick my neck out and go for new blood like Simeone or Pochettino or somebody like that.

LVG is a bit like a classier Hodgson.

Dunno. Up to you guys. Biggest decision United have had to make in 26 years. Moyes was a blip.

A classier Hodgson, behave lad..!

While Barcelona manager, Van Gaal was introduced to a 14-year-old Gerard Pique by the young defender’s proud grandfather, who was a director at the club at the time.

Without so much as an introductory handshake, Van Gaal barged Pique to the floor and then leaned over the poor bugger and quipped: “You’re too weak to be a Barca defender!”

The guys nuts..!!

But if you think they're anything alike, do a Wiki search on both and scroll down to the honours role....!

You cite that Van Gaal has no experience in the EPL, yet you want us to stick our necks out and sign Simeone, who has even less experience everywhere.

I don't actually think that there is a decision to be made though fella, I think its been whittled down and, I think he is the only man for the job at the present time..!

redrus

Ferguson is even better friends with Guardiola, they've met regularly, including a meeting in New York around 2 years ago now, when he should have been at a UEFA managers meeting. Mourinho famously rang at the time to ask where he was.

That story was the original reason behind reports of Pep being Fergie's successor.

redrus

Interesting about Pep. He's shown some frustration recently regarding some sniping from Bayern insiders about their recent drop in form. I think he's the kind of guy that won't tolerate much of that. He told Barca to stick it chop chop. I'd be surprised if United didn't at least send a feeler out in that direction.

Hahahahahahahahaha. B o LL O x..!!

cheesy.gif

redrus

Ps; Song for the moment..... Rose Royce, I'm wishing on a Star.clap2.gif

redrus

Hahahahahahahahaha. B o LL O x..!!

cheesy.gif

redrus

Ps; Song for the moment..... Rose Royce, I'm wishing on a Star.clap2.gif

more like car wash, moysies next job..

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

A name that nobody has mentioned on here yet....... Carlos Querioz.

There has been money for him, he has worked at United before, maybe some continuity from the Fergie days.

Not that he has done much as a manager, mind.

Stability, stability!! Bitch aint it!!

Well if Hiiddink is taking over the Dutch from LVG after the World Cup (contract signed ?), sensible money must surely be on LVG?

Personally I'd love to see Simeone at UNITED and in the EPL but he's on a roll at At Madrid.

Nah, doing well at Madrid with a certain style of football,, could he change his style to suit the squad?, who knows,or even would that style suit utd's current squad? dont think so and not a risk i would have thought utds board would currently want to take. IMO Who ever takes over will have to walk in there and IMMEDIATELY get the respect of the players and get the best out of the current squad, Ancelloti is the proven master of that, he aint gonna leave r madrid but i suspect a signing will be left to post world cup.

but i suspect a signing will be left to post world cup.

It has to be before, lest we lose even more face..... :(

redrus

Nah, doing well at Madrid with a certain style of football,, could he change his style to suit the squad?, who knows,or even would that style suit utd's current squad? dont think so and not a risk i would have thought utds board would currently want to take. IMO Who ever takes over will have to walk in there and IMMEDIATELY get the respect of the players and get the best out of the current squad, Ancelloti is the proven master of that, he aint gonna leave r madrid but i suspect a signing will be left to post world cup.

So the new manager will have little chance in the transfer window then?

It all sounds a bit tricky dicky to me.

Who do the fans want?

Everyone's that's ruled themselves out......... wink.png

redrus

Might be better of with interim Giggs for a while then?

Might be best just having a year out.... ;)

redrus