Manchester United

redrus

how many you think are off in the summer rix? guardian journo has this plus now welbeck:

"Nemanja Vidic, the captain, has already announced he will depart in the summer and the futures of Rio Ferdinand and Patrice Evra are also in the balance. Javier Hernández, Shinji Kagawa, Darren Fletcher, Nani, Young, Cleverley, Alexander Büttner and Ryan Giggs are other members of Moyes's squad whose futures are likewise in doubt."

Don't know mate but there's no doubt we need to make wholesale changes.

From that list, would be sorry to lose Buttner, Hernandez and Welbeck. Would quite like to hold onto Young and Kagawa too.

All really depends on who were are able to bring in.

Big shopping list on display.

How many will stay in England?

how many you think are off in the summer rix? guardian journo has this plus now welbeck:

"Nemanja Vidic, the captain, has already announced he will depart in the summer and the futures of Rio Ferdinand and Patrice Evra are also in the balance. Javier Hernández, Shinji Kagawa, Darren Fletcher, Nani, Young, Cleverley, Alexander Büttner and Ryan Giggs are other members of Moyes's squad whose futures are likewise in doubt."

Don't know mate but there's no doubt we need to make wholesale changes.

From that list, would be sorry to lose Buttner, Hernandez and Welbeck. Would quite like to hold onto Young and Kagawa too.

All really depends on who were are able to bring in.

yeah. and who a new manager may or may not rate of the current lot. new manager might look at jones and smalling and decide you need two new dominant, more experienced centre backs. i was genuinely gobsmacked he started nani away to everton.

• Like 1

Sky News saying that it was "an authoritative briefing from the Glazer family" yesterday afternoon that he will not be the manager next season.

Don't ya just love "an authoritative briefing".

wink.png

Fergie must be p**sing himself.

biggrin.png

NYSE opens in approx 5 hours.

yeah. and who a new manager may or may not rate of the current lot. new manager might look at jones and smalling and decide you need two new dominant, more experienced centre backs. i was genuinely gobsmacked he started nani away to everton.

Me too. But then again, Fergie also had a strange thing going on with that particular idiot.

And what you say about our centre backs, very true. Throw in Evans too.

Me too. But then again, Fergie also had a strange thing going on with that particular idiot.

the more you think about it the bigger the overhaul gets. mindblowing considering you won the title last season. can see van persie wanting away this summer too to be honest.

Throw the lot out.

Keep De Gea, Rooney, Mata and Janujaz and feed from the academy.

The rest will probably do a runner.

Manchester United have confirmed that David Moyes has been dismissed as manager.

Brewin: Moyes' sacking inevitable
Delaney: The candidates
Okwonga: Moyes’ highs and lows
Blanc backed for United job
Podcast: The Chosen One? Sacked?

Moyes replaced Sir Alex Ferguson last summer on a six-year contract, but he has been relieved of his duties after Sunday’s 2-0 defeat to former club Everton, which left the club unable to qualify for the Champions League.

A statement on the club’s official website read: “Manchester United has announced that David Moyes has left the club.

“The club would like to place on record its thanks for the hard work, honesty and integrity he brought to the role.”

ESPN FC had reported last month that Moyes had lost the faith of key boardroom figures and his position was under serious threat.

On Monday afternoon, news of Moyes’ impending departure broke, and although United insisted the Scot had “definitely” not been sacked, the club did not deny the stories that his exit was imminent.

Following the news, Sean Bones, vice-chair at Manchester United Supporters Trust (MUST), told Sky Sports News that he felt the situation had been handled badly, saying: “This has been done without class and dignity. It’s wrong to brief journalists the day before.”

United will finish the campaign with their lowest-ever Premier League points total, having lost 11 of their 34 games so far.

No doubt the Man U haters will be salivating at the news. Who ever comes in still has a huge job of rebuilding.

The biggest mistake IMO was SAF and more importantly David Gill leaving at the same time and a whole new back room staff. Gill was the stableising influence and highly regarded in the football world ,not sure his replacement is anywhere near the job

For David Moyes, he will recover, still lots of jobs out there. On the weekend for the first 15 minutes I though United had recovered their mojo but it all turned around in a moment and could,and should, have been 0-5. To see Kagawa loping around ,Mata and Rooney being constantly dis posessed or making poor passes it was almost like Moyes was being set up which I realise was not the case but it was pathetic and while I still feel Jones and Smalling in time will be England's first choice centre backs in time they had games to forget. but they are young enough to recover .Good centre backs need time and late 20's in my experience is when they mature and reach potential.

I guess Giggsy may be given the job of seeing the season out as a caretaker something he never would have never dreamt of finishing his career as.

Onwards and upwards

• Like 1

No doubt the Man U haters will be salivating at the news. Who ever comes in still has a huge job of rebuilding.

The biggest mistake IMO was SAF and more importantly David Gill leaving at the same time and a whole new back room staff. Gill was the stableising influence and highly regarded in the football world ,not sure his replacement is anywhere near the job

For David Moyes, he will recover, still lots of jobs out there. On the weekend for the first 15 minutes I though United had recovered their mojo but it all turned around in a moment and could,and should, have been 0-5. To see Kagawa loping around ,Mata and Rooney being constantly dis posessed or making poor passes it was almost like Moyes was being set up which I realise was not the case but it was pathetic and while I still feel Jones and Smalling in time will be England's first choice centre backs in time they had games to forget. but they are young enough to recover .Good centre backs need time and late 20's in my experience is when they mature and reach potential.

I guess Giggsy may be given the job of seeing the season out as a caretaker something he never would have never dreamt of finishing his career as.

Onwards and upwards

Man Utd haters were hoping you would keep Moyes....why on earth would they want him sacked what with the job he was doing?facepalm.gif

So anyway, you are just like any other club now, so we can drop the stability horsesh1t now!!biggrin.png

• Like 2

think this is true. moyes might be utterly out of his depth but at least he isn't poisonous vermin. think those were bobby charlton's actual words last summer as it goes.

That would be Bobby "Scumsucking bottom feeder ticket tout but we love him because he's one of the Busby Babes" Charlton, would it?

Allegations of selling a few dodgy tickets makes him a scumsucking bottom feeder? Really? Who knew the standards were set so high. Certainly not me going from some of the fawning that goes on around here of some current day players and managers.

A blog from a friend of mine who is an ardent Man uer.

Be careful what you wish for reds!!!!!
When Busby left in 72, Frank O'Farrell was the 'chosen' one. He lasted less than a year (Moyes).
Then they promoted Wilf McGuiness from within as temporary manager, a player who had been with the club for years, an original Busby babe. (Giggs)
Then they employed the charismatic character to take us forward Tommy Docherty (Klopp/Van Gaal).
Result......relegated in '74....
Hope your happy now and hope history doesnt repeat itself!!!!

Throw the lot out.

Very intelligent comment.Suggest United will not be ripping up contracts but certainly this season De Gea is the only one who can hold his head up high.

I exclude Fletcher who has come back from a very serious illness and Carrick who a friend close to OT tells me he still hasn't recovered from an achilles tendon injury and if you have ever had one of those they need rest,like MC forget the WC and take a long break over summer, you are no where near what you were.

Throw the lot out.

Very intelligent comment.Suggest United will not be ripping up contracts but certainly this season De Gea is the only one who can hold his head up high.

I exclude Fletcher who has come back from a very serious illness and Carrick who a friend close to OT tells me he still hasn't recovered from an achilles tendon injury and if you have ever had one of those they need rest,like MC forget the WC and take a long break over summer, you are no where near what you were.

On the contrary, a certain Adnan Januzaj can hold his head up high too, he was very good, and think what he could have achieved if that berk Moyes had given him more than thirteen premier league starts.

• Like 1

I think people underestimate Red Nose's forte: Building a silk purse out off 11 mostly sow's ears.

The likes of the Nevilles, Fletchers, Carricks and Jones are simply average players, but Red Nose had a unique talent for turning them into a fully functional footballing unit.

He is impossible to replace.

So United don't just need a new manager, they need a rake of new players.

No doubt the Man U haters will be salivating at the news.

I'm deeply upset that Agent Moyes has been unmasked before completing his job.

oh dear gods yes. now they really have no choice but to appoint someone with a clue.

Allegations of selling a few dodgy tickets makes him a scumsucking bottom feeder? Really? Who knew the standards were set so high. Certainly not me going from some of the fawning that goes on around here of some current day players and managers.

Cup Final tickets. At a time when United were not seeing a lot by way of silverware.

• Like 1

A blog from a friend of mine who is an ardent Man uer.

Be careful what you wish for reds!!!!!

When Busby left in 72, Frank O'Farrell was the 'chosen' one. He lasted less than a year (Moyes).

Then they promoted Wilf McGuiness from within as temporary manager, a player who had been with the club for years, an original Busby babe. (Giggs)

Then they employed the charismatic character to take us forward Tommy Docherty (Klopp/Van Gaal).

Result......relegated in '74....

Hope your happy now and hope history doesnt repeat itself!!!!

Good analogy alf.

thumbsup.gif

History does go in circles.

I think people underestimate Red Nose's forte: Building a silk purse out off 11 mostly sow's ears.

The likes of the Nevilles, Fletchers, Carricks and Jones are simply average players, but Red Nose had a unique talent for turning them into a fully functional footballing unit.

He is impossible to replace.

So United don't just need a new manager, they need a rake of new players.

tbh I am not totally comfortable with this adulation of Ferguson.

Martinez and Rodgers are fighting a battle the like of which Ferguson never saw.

Apologies for overdoing the military analogies, but big picture needs viewing.