Manchester United

redrus

So Falcao chooses CL'less United over City and Real. I wonder why?

Don't think there was a choice in it, for him to join us. Under FFP we have a transfer cap and wage cap but we haven't sold enough players to be able to comply. We'd have had to offload Negrado, Nastasic and Richards all today to do it.

• Like 1

Well, let's just take a cold hearted, objective view.

Shaw, Herrera, Rojo, di Maria, Blind, Falcao.

Big money? Yes

Before Christmas last season it seemed pretty clear to anybody with a brain bigger than a pea, the only players worth keeping were RVP, Rooney, Mata, Janujaz, and de Gea.

So what's LVG doing? Sitting around doing crosswords. Hahaha.

• Like 1

So Falcao chooses CL'less United over City and Real. I wonder why?

Don't think there was a choice in it, for him to join us. Under FFP we have a transfer cap and wage cap but we haven't sold enough players to be able to comply. We'd have had to offload Negrado, Nastasic and Richards all today to do it.

Agree. My understanding is City were never seriously in it for Falcao anyway.

Why bother?

Still don't see how your shower of sh1t are going to be top 4 by signing a one legged guy that hasn't played for 8 months. It's going to be fun to watch.............where have all the other United fans gone Nev? First sign that things weren't going your way and the bolted!!!

Can't speak for others MJJ, but for me, my recent absence has been down to two things. One, a new job, (no, not painting or decorating) and two, the ridiculous level of spamming and inane drivel that one has to wade through, getting posted right across the breadth of the football forum.

I think those who really know me here, know that I was never one to shy away on the back of a bad result or a bad run. I think last season is proof of that, were it needed.

Anyway, if people want to believe I'm staying away for any other reason than the ones I have given, up to them.

Perhaps one day the forum will return to some sort of 'normality'.. and perhaps one day I'll have a bit more free time on my hands.. until then, well, I'll still be around, just not that actively.

Cheers guys.

Yeah, right. That sorts that out then.

Hahahahaha, how good has this liccle thread got in the last few hours, some very interesting points.

Though, I find it mildly amusing, we've replaced RvP before Arsenal ahem replaced RvP.

redrus

• Like 1

Hahahahaha, how good has this liccle thread got in the last few hours, some very interesting points.

Though, I find it mildly amusing, we've replaced RvP before Arsenal ahem replaced RvP.

redrus

Now if you just signed an experienced center back that would really transform this window would it not.

Someone like 29yo Ron Vlaar. As stevie has said, van Gaal knows him. He's a rock at the back and would offer that experience back thats recently been lost.

Any doubts about him watch a replay of the semi final in Brazil. Obviously his knees a worry but if he passes the medical you have that important blend of youth and experience.

redrus

An astute drawing of blood there.laugh.png

Even with the signings made, the team still needs further strengthening. Personally think two central midfielders and a centre back are needed. Falcao is certainly a quality player with a great goal scoring record, so if he's fit then it will certainly improve the team. Really no choice but to spend money to rebuild. Good that some of the crap is being shipped out as well.

F me............ Any one else makes the signings we've done this summer they'd be title contenders. We have teething problems and a lot of injuries and every other ITK nob rash knows better than LvG.

Buddha I love this forum sometimes. :lol:

redrus

• Like 1

F me............ Any one else makes the signings we've done this summer they'd be title contenders. We have teething problems and a lot of injuries and every other ITK nob rash knows better than LvG.

Buddha I love this forum sometimes. laugh.png

redrus

I think the Falcao move is a good one for your lot matey. I can see you's definitely scoring more goals than you have been. I just hope your defence leaks like a sieve biggrin.png

• Like 2

redrus

Hold on there.....the roofs on, he's started on a conservatory and theres still no foundations!

I'll be fascinated to see what happens over the next seven hours. At Spurs were hoping Levy might blow his budget and.......wait a minute, he hasn't got a budget!

Seriously though, i do wonder if, with all this spending which will amount to well over 200m, he is required to get you into the champions league. Then i tell myself, he wouldn't be stupid enough to agree to that.

redrus

I think the Falcao move is a good one for your lot matey. I can see you's definitely scoring more goals than you have been. I just hope your defence leaks like a sieve biggrin.png

Partnership of Smalling and Evans. Pro bono work and it shows.tongue.png

Right. The flack LVG is currently getting is about CB and defence.

So what will he do? Another crossword?

On a side note, I think there's a marketing opportunity in the Prem for Marmite. A bit like toon Wonga.

Love it or hate it. Campaign extension for people Itk.

Trouble is though, people in the US and Asia don't know what Marmite or Wonga are.

But they know who Messi and Ronaldo are.

Daley Blind, done. Well happy with that.

redrus

thumbsup.gif

Yep. Better than the Daily Mail I reckon.

Blind in the window works.

Spurs seem to have their heads under a blanket.

6th at best.

smile.png

Looking forward to UNITED sticking it up them just like Liverpool did.

Carry on.