Manchester United

redrus

Instead of bringing on the completely useless Smalling as sub,Van Gaal should have brought on Lindegaard as a second keeper.

De Gea was left exposed time and time again as there was nothing in front of him to help.

Two keepers would have made it more difficult to score against......particularily the penalties......United could have escaped with a 3-3 and Van Gaals reputation as a tactical genius enhanced ! wai2.gif

• Like 2

Instead of bringing on the completely useless Smalling as sub,Van Gaal should have brought on Lindegaard as a second keeper.

De Gea was left exposed time and time again as there was nothing in front of him to help.

Two keepers would have made it more difficult to score against......particularily the penalties......United could have escaped with a 3-3 and Van Gaals reputation as a tactical genius enhanced ! wai2.gif

Ha ,(tongue in cheek)quality matethumbsup.gifclap2.gif

Haven't changed my tune Carmine. Still a contender for top 4 (said so after this match - see post 17518), because they have made a couple of awesome front line purchases*and some OTT priced ones as well (like Shaw).

OK - one purchase and one extravagent loan, both of which will be well worth the money if they do make top 4.

This guy cashed out and took 9.32 profit when the score was 3-3! Cost him 14,000 quid......Ouch!sad.png

54200e55df7e8.jpg

That must've hurt ..With man u's defence & the twonk in charge anyone with an ounce of brain matter would have held on!whistling.gif

who the frig cashes out on a £1 accumulator for 10 quid?

• Like 1

As we have no defense might have to play blind and rojo in the center and Rafael and Shaw as the fullback in a 433,we have enough up front to win this, but please Lvg Don't drop Mata again and play Rooney in behind again.

As we have no defense might have to play blind and rojo in the center and Rafael and Shaw as the fullback in a 433,we have enough up front to win this, but please Lvg Don't drop Mata again and play Rooney in behind again.

What happened to your youth policy mate?laugh.png

Blind is technically left back, so you would advocate playing 2 left backs, a right back and 1 centre half.

You must have some great youngsters in depth there, if that is your best solutioncheesy.gif

Blind is technically left back, so you would advocate playing 2 left backs, a right back and 1 centre half.

You must have some great youngsters in depth there, if that is your best solutioncheesy.gif

Yes I would play blind in the middle he has played their for Holland, we have two of our academy players blackett and Evans out and smalling and Jones out, maybe Fletcher might fill in at the back another of our academy players, now who has city got in your squad from your academy ?.

Yes I would play blind in the middle he has played their for Holland, we have two of our academy players blackett and Evans out and smalling and Jones out, maybe Fletcher might fill in at the back another of our academy players, now who has city got in your squad from your academy ?.

City, playing an Academy player are you serious? will never happen ,City is a graveyard for young English players Rodwell,Richards and young Scott Sinclair,total waste of someone who dId have some talent and still in the squad. Blind can, and has played often, in a variety of position for club and country,technically a left back.....technically ????.......not physically... ? cheesy.gif

You must have some great youngsters in depth there, if that is your best solution:cheesy:

Is that all you can up with nowadays nev? Comparing academy players. You're living in the past matey. the class of 92 is well and truly gone now. Do you really think once LVG has made his mind up who he wants to keep there'll be many academy players left?

I'm not saying you won't have the odd one or two but you are now buying in the top class players just like we are. Lets be honest from the names you mention above Blackett, Evans, Smalling, Jones and Fletcher, I don't think many of the top 6 clubs would want any of them. I think you did well conning Arsenal into signing Wellbeck.

Yes. It's a fair point. LVG is having to play Academy players because he has got no other option. Not because he wants to.

Quite what is behind all these injury problems UNITED have got I'm not sure.

But UNITED seem to be eclipsing Arsenal on that front at the moment.

Liverpool and Everton seem to be getting their fair share of injury problems too.

Must be down to the sports science. Or lack of.

You must have some great youngsters in depth there, if that is your best solution:cheesy:

Is that all you can up with nowadays nev? Comparing academy players. You're living in the past matey. the class of 92 is well and truly gone now. Do you really think once LVG has made his mind up who he wants to keep there'll be many academy players left?

I'm not saying you won't have the odd one or two but you are now buying in the top class players just like we are. Lets be honest from the names you mention above Blackett, Evans, Smalling, Jones and Fletcher, I don't think many of the top 6 clubs would want any of them. I think you did well conning Arsenal into signing Wellbeck.

well mcnair another young one given a chance and looks good.

Yippee. 3 cheers for that matey. Nought to say about the match then? Was that the highlight!!

Yippee. 3 cheers for that matey. Nought to say about the match then? Was that the highlight!!

To busy watching us hang on for 3 valuable points and see the highlights of the other games, oh by the way who is your new defender is he from your famed academy, he looked very nervous own goal and gives a penalty away, i hope your manager shows faith in him.

McNair had a fantastic game and his clearance he did was one of the best i have ever seen, i have not heard much of this young lad before today but will look out for him,

We looked good until Rooney got himself sent off and after that it was all about getting the 3 points, fair play to the hammers they gave it a right go.

Looney misses Everton, WBA and Chelski.

I bet his teammates are very pleased with him.

If that squad really has no other leaders that are captain potential and this was the reason for van Gaal choosing Rooney then its a very worrying situation.

Making Rooney caption is akin to hiring an arsonist to manage a gas station

• Like 1

My Arab colleagues asked me if the club would fine Rooney.

To explain why they wouldn't, I had to explain to them the terms "spitting the dummy" and "throwing the toys out of the pram".

They found it very amusing.

Apparently I do a good "Rooney spitting the dummy and throwing his toys out of the pram" impression.

biggrin.png

• Like 1