Manchester United

redrus

I read today that United's side was the most expensive Premier league team ever fielded.

Strange that, considering their supreme youth policy eh

thumbsup.gif

2nd best in Europe mate, thanks for mentioning, thought mcnair and Wilson did a great job in the 2nd half, good to see our manager giving youth a chance.

Amen to this ...

Spot on analysis from Gary Nev, as usual. As some of the comments below the video suggest, he does point out things we mortals don't see.

Link won't post but it was Gary's analysis of Van Persie's runs that the other players just don't see.

//youtu.be/2fB_G3dN_t8

Edited by DMC1

Course he is classy , what else ! He was cleared by FA of spitting so he is not guilty , let's move on . :)

Seriously, the pathetic Fellaini spitting posts.

Get a bloody life lads.

redrus

In fairness matey, you haven't seen one of us City fans mentioning that.

But now you mention it, I will comment.

Fellaini did not spit at Aguero, However his behaviour was a disgrace. He clearly fouled Aguero... studs down the back of his calf. And then starts mouthing off at Aguero, I assume accusing him of diving. Thats what I found offensive. He got away with a foul, so be it, carry on. Dont make yourself look worse by pretending it wasnt a foul.

• Like 2

Anyway, where is petermlk and his stories of stability and stability.

Saw him commenting on the David James thread, but I guess as a true red, having been beaten 4th time on the run by the mighty blues, he is a bit embarrassed to come onto this thread.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Get a bloody life lads.

redrus

Fellaini did not spit at Aguero, However his behaviour was a disgrace. He clearly fouled Aguero... studs down the back of his calf. And then starts mouthing off at Aguero, I assume accusing him of diving. Thats what I found offensive. He got away with a foul, so be it, carry on. Dont make yourself look worse by pretending it wasnt a foul.

Totally agree jack. He knew he had kicked Aguero. Fellaini was lucky not to have given two penalties away.

Get a bloody life lads.

redrus

Best take on the matter yet.

And now for something completely different.....

Told you all before that Carrick would be now used as a centre half and a good one he will become...as for Fellini the jury is still out on him always strikes me as a lazy player the sort that puts the effort in only when it suits ...we will see.

I think city just edged it but they should of against ten and United are getting better that second half was Giggs inspired in the changing rooms if you ask me.

[snipped]

Ciao

Edited by mrbojangles
discussing moderation

Anyway, where is petermlk and his stories of stability and stability.

Saw him commenting on the David James thread, but I guess as a true red, having been beaten 4th time on the run by the mighty blues, he is a bit embarrassed to come onto this thread.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I,m on sabbatical from the United forum Jack-made enough crass statements last season-I,m just waiting on David Moyes next appointment so I can offer him some advice.........clap2.gif

p.s.and thanks for your concern whistling.gif

Edited by petermik
  • Like 2

More good news for United fans. The relatively poor start to the season seems to have brought van Gaal down to a more sensible perspective. Far from his earlier buffoonery in stating you could go unbeaten all season, you will challenge for the title and all that nonsense he's finally come out and said the transition will take three years. Maybe his earlier stupidity was due to the considerable benefit of no european matches but then again remind yourselves that Moyes totally ripped the are out of the club.

Bravo Louis, though you seemed to be the last person to realize this! So far you have installed the grit and determination required. Next comes the piecing together of a "team".

nb to LVG. Take a leaf out of the crooked book of Henry Redknapp. That is to say, always lower expectations, make friends with the scumbag tabloid press and everytime you win they will build you up, the pressure will reduce and they'll give you a really naff nick name like 'Arry Houdini! w00t.gif

With this new found realization and a productive transfer window it should finish a decent rebuilding season although Carrington must be some kind of a war zone considering the amount of squad injuries! Hearing Rojo's now gone for six weeks.....

More good news for United fans. The relatively poor start to the season seems to have brought van Gaal down to a more sensible perspective. Far from his earlier buffoonery in stating you could go unbeaten all season, you will challenge for the title and all that nonsense he's finally come out and said the transition will take three years. Maybe his earlier stupidity was due to the considerable benefit of no european matches but then again remind yourselves that Moyes totally ripped the are out of the club.

Bravo Louis, though you seemed to be the last person to realize this! So far you have installed the grit and determination required. Next comes the piecing together of a "team".

nb to LVG. Take a leaf out of the crooked book of Henry Redknapp. That is to say, always lower expectations, make friends with the scumbag tabloid press and everytime you win they will build you up, the pressure will reduce and they'll give you a really naff nick name like 'Arry Houdini! w00t.gif

With this new found realization and a productive transfer window it should finish a decent rebuilding season although Carrington must be some kind of a war zone considering the amount of squad injuries! Hearing Rojo's now gone for six weeks.....

Mate I think his win every game comment was a sarcastic response to a question, agree he has calmed down a bit and realized that their are no easy games in the premier league.

Mate I think his win every game comment was a sarcastic response to a question, agree he has calmed down a bit and realized that their are no easy games in the premier league.

No it wasn't nev. He'd had a great pre-season, got cocky and totally underestimated the premier league.

I think he has the relevant experience not to underestimate the champions league next season.

3 months 3 years who cares the premier league will be back at old Trafford under LVG.

You won't be in the champions league next season so its irrelevant. But yes, he will in time i'm sure restore United to something close to their former selves but i'd be doubtful it will be to the dominance of the Ferguson era but i doubt any of you would expect that.

Yes we will carms me old china .....as to compairing Ferguson best we don't go there but I think lvg has the tools and experience to do as good as SAF in europe.

Well done to Mata yesterday his goal ratio is very good and deserving of a place in the team IMO.

Also amazing what STABILITY Carrick brings to the team.There I said it again.

• Like 1

Mr Ed reckons you are going to qualify for the champions league this season! clap2.gif He's such a card!!!!!

And as for LVG goes, he's not a tool mate! But he's simply not in the same league as Ferguson, in his all round ability. Please don't go on about his three titles in different countries because Colincould have coached Bayern to the title. The other one at Barca was a two horse race aswell.

I worry about you Mr Ed. You've been living in the past fot eighteen months,and in your efforts to move on from the recent dark times you have underestimated the influence of Ferguson.

Edited by carmine

Yes we will carms me old china .....as to compairing Ferguson best we don't go there but I think lvg has the tools and experience to do as good as SAF in europe.

Well done to Mata yesterday his goal ratio is very good and deserving of a place in the team IMO.

Also amazing what STABILITY Carrick brings to the team.There I said it again.

I've always been a fan of Carrick but if your manager leaves him on his own covering all that ground week in week out he'll be burnt out by january.

• Like 1

Now then carmicle that is much better.

The tools in our box are all new...they just need breaking in and using.

Edit...carrick has the ability to control games with his passing but I agree he should be and I assume will be used when needed either at the start of games or off the bench like the leicter game we could of done with him also he can play c/half and I think his experience at united is invaluable to the newbies.

Edited by DrRed

Mr Ed reckons you are going to qualify for the champions league this season! clap2.gif He's such a card!!!!!

And as for LVG goes, he's not a tool mate! But he's simply not in the same league as Ferguson, in his all round ability. Please don't go on about his three titles in different countries because Colincould have coached Bayern to the title. The other one at Barca was a two horse race aswell.

I worry about you Mr Ed. You've been living in the past fot eighteen months,and in your efforts to move on from the recent dark times you have underestimated the influence of Ferguson.

now carmine if United are not going to get in the top 4 who is ? we are all as bad as each other at the moment and apart from Chelsea and Southampton no one else is showing any form, all our challenger's for top 4 drop points thus weekend.

We have as good a chance as anyone else right now.

• Like 1

now carmine if United are not going to get in the top 4 who is ? we are all as bad as each other at the moment and apart from Chelsea and Southampton no one else is showing any form, all our challenger's for top 4 drop points thus weekend.

We have as good a chance as anyone else right now.

When you put it like that i have to agree with you. But what a scary situation it is, the manner of which the quality of the premier league has regressed.

Arsenal have thrown in the towel early, Liverpool don't seem to know how they want to play and Spurs are nothing short of dreadful.

• Like 2

United at present are very disjointed and its hard to pick one reason but against teams,with all respect to CP, they should be enjoying a 4 goal victory as in days gone past whether that's due to the new manager is pure speculation but they even having a problem getting shots on target with 70% possession.

De Maria started the season is thunderous form but has tailed off, maybe he needs to be closer to the action and not on the flanks , Januzaj since he has bulked up a few kilos has lost the speed to go past defenders like he did last season and now prefers to go sideways. Rooney is appearing to try too hard and covering the whole pitch and I feel that we have seen the best of VP.

Positives are there though if you go looking.Carrick was suberb, Mc Nair plays with composure for one so young and could be there for a long time and Shaw is starting to play like he is worth the money.

I don't buy this missing Ferdinand (now a bench player for QPR when he's not suspended for being an idiot) Evra is injured and has been playing poorly as is Vidic who has never recovered his form after a serious knee injury.Just who is out there that is available ?

With only a third of the season gone its early days.Post mortems can be held in May. If anyone had said that Southampton and Swansea would be in contention for the top 4 at this stage would you have believed them ?

Finally I never thought I would see a United back four that comprised Valencia ,Mc Nair, Blind and Shaw. LVG is not a fool he is doing as well as he can with the defensive resources, they just need to get players fit,get the team on the same page and then he can be judged.

^

Agree with all that mate, DeMaria most def needs to come through middle, it's no coincidence that his performances have turned for the worse since playing out wide.

Just to add, The Daily Fail and s'Express say Vidic will be back in January. Although I agree, he wasn't the same player, I really wish he'd stayed in summer and had he known LvG was coming in, I think he would. I refer back to Laurent Blanc, for the positive influence a slow and ageing player can have on a team.

As for Ferdi, no way, too up his own arse with his own projects to care about playing for his life anymore. Well rid there.

redrus

• Like 1