Manchester United

redrus

LVG has been quoted yesterday as saying Falcao is not ready for 90 minutes so he is obviously being nursed along.

Can't argue with that as we are not privy to the training pitch routine.

Quite difficult to pick or even suggest team for tonight. Can see Evans back in a central position maybe with Smalling as his partner with Rojo out on the left.

Big game tonight as is every game..... the season of surprises

I think Smalling and Rojo center pairing with Valencia and Young fullbacks keeps us solid and they both can get forward when need be,Carrick Herrera Fellaini with Mata behind Rooney and RVP.

A trivial matter but its taken all season for a referee last week to finally ping Valencia for a incorrect throwing in of the ball.

Not only does the ball have to go over your head, but behind, it which Valencia seems not to have learnt,he fails to put it behind his head every throw in.

Even more unbelievable is that nobody on the coaching staff has noticed the continual transgressions which could prove costly.

Professional ,international players who should have learnt before they were 10 years old,well I didcoffee1.gif

• Like 1

A trivial matter but its taken all season for a referee last week to finally ping Valencia for a incorrect throwing in of the ball.

Not only does the ball have to go over your head, but behind, it which Valencia seems not to have learnt,he fails to put it behind his head every throw in.

Even more unbelievable is that nobody on the coaching staff has noticed the continual transgressions which could prove costly.

Professional ,international players who should have learnt before they were 10 years old,well I didcoffee1.gif

Agreed but for me what is more annoying with him and the coaching staff is why he has stopped the beating of full backs for speed and drilling them low hard balls into the box,he still has the speed so it must be just confidence.facepalm.gif always reminded me of Kanchelskis on those lightning breaks with his pace.

The only thing i can think of is that they have used him so much as a covering full back it has just took the attacking edge from his game.

You can get 6/4 or better on the Moaners tonight, with Soton's drop in form and injuries, that's not a bad price. Not that you can gamble in Thailand, obviously, that would be illegal.

Rather unfair to call them the "moaners" anymore. It was a unique Ferguson Trait.

You can get 6/4 or better on the Moaners tonight, with Soton's drop in form and injuries, that's not a bad price. Not that you can gamble in Thailand, obviously, that would be illegal.

Rather unfair to call them the "moaners" anymore. It was a unique Ferguson Trait.

Yeah good point, but after decades of using it.....

Merchandise United then.

Not a vintage performance, and as Gary Neville said "they got away with murder"; but it's another three points and 5 wins on the bounce. RVP looks like he has found his scoring boots again, so it lines it up nicely for what will be a tough test this weekend, against another team that has similar frailties.

saints 1 Rvp 2.

what's more to add, we got the 3 points which was the most important thing.

I always reckon during this time up until the end of the year it doesn't matter how you win. If you go into the new year with momentum and less injuries then its job done.

• Like 2

IF we get into the new year with less injuries AND a steady defensive base i will be happy.

Fellaini <deleted> was he doing last night ?

Always good to have a top draw striker who can stick away what few chances he gets ...it was a good game to watch but no real quality from both sides i thought.

Bring on the scousers wai2.gif

Top four?

IF we get into the new year with less injuries AND a steady defensive base i will be happy.

Always good to have a top draw striker who can stick away what few chances he gets ...it was a good game to watch but no real quality from both sides i thought.

Top four?

Diego Grodin, Kevin Strootman and Mat Hummels and you will be a force again. Or you certainly should be. The likes of Smalling Jones will get their confidence back and continue to improve again simply by having these guys in the squad. Thats over 100m but in terms of quality return, worth it.

van Gaal has proven his worth and capability to do the job by installing a win ugly if necessary approach in the players. Spurs don't have that yet for example and we cannot expect to improve until we do. Right attitude first then fix the play.

Refreshing honesty from van Gaal last night. Best team lost, you were poor, only three chances the whole game but its three points. What else to say. imho Southampton only have themselves to blame.

• Like 2

Top four?

Top 4, we are going to win the league 555.

Last night their was to many passengers and we still managed a win so I would say top 4 yea but city and Chelsea will be top 2 unless they both implode I cannot see anyone else topping them.

• Like 1

Top four?

Diego Grodin, Kevin Strootman and Mat Hummels and you will be a force again. Or you certainly should be. The likes of Smalling Jones will get their confidence back and continue to improve again simply by having these guys in the squad. Thats over 100m but in terms of quality return, worth it.

van Gaal has proven his worth and capability to do the job by installing a win ugly if necessary approach in the players. Spurs don't have that yet for example and we cannot expect to improve until we do. Right attitude first then fix the play.

Refreshing honesty from van Gaal last night. Best team lost, you were poor, only three chances the whole game but its three points. What else to say. imho Southampton only have themselves to blame.

At spurs you have some great players but no real leaders on the pitch, you might do well in Europe but by the looks of it will find it hard to make top4 this season.

Top four?

At spurs you have some great players but no real leaders on the pitch, you might do well in Europe but by the looks of it will find it hard to make top4 this season.

We won't make top four but to be honest, pre season the general aspirations for this season amongst our supporters was a more realistic sixth. I reckon thats where we will be although i will be disappointed to qualify again for the europa league

Mike Phelan has been at it again slagging the new management team off at United as regards there training methods and injury list.

He seems to have done this quite a lot since getting the sack,sour grapes i think and we will see how good his own coaching skills are now at Norwich.

He had a great career at United there is no need now to be bitter just because he was let go when Ferguson left.

Mike Phelan has been at it again slagging the new management team off at United as regards there training methods and injury list.

He seems to have done this quite a lot since getting the sack,sour grapes i think and we will see how good his own coaching skills are now at Norwich.

He had a great career at United there is no need now to be bitter just because he was let go when Ferguson left.

Not so sure you are on the right lines here. Sure he could/should be bitter with "David Moyes" and getting rid of him when United did was clearly a monumental error of judgement, but questions regarding training and the current injury list seem very poignant and justified.

Edited by carmine

I think there were more important people that left than Phelan namely Ferguson,Gill and Mangosteen ....Phelan was more a lieutenant to Fergie than a very good coach that is why he has only just got a job and at Norwich at that...no disrespect to them of course smile.png

He has had one or two pops at United since and some of the players that are out now if you look back are very injury prone anyway....Jones Evans and Smalling in particular.

BooooooooooooooM

biggrin.png

redrus

Could sense some retribution in the atmosphere for United fans after last season.

Looking good rus, I was pissing my sides at the start of the season. 6 on the bounce fella, right in the mix.

I'm going to spend Christmas day listening to the Manc side of the family giving me &lt;deleted&gt; all day now....i did give them 20 years of kitchen sinks last season facepalm.gif

• Like 1

James Wilson,the day you may have dreamt of ....good luck son !

The service to Wilson tonight was awful and he never got to show what he has, hopefully he will get another chance.

United were pretty poor again giving the ball away far too often and how often does a goalie on the winning side of 3-0 scoreline get man of the match,could have easily been 3-3.

Brilliant display

At last. A level headed United fan

• Like 2

BooooooooooooooM

biggrin.png

redrus

Could sense some retribution in the atmosphere for United fans after last season.

Looking good rus, I was pissing my sides at the start of the season. 6 on the bounce fella, right in the mix.

I'm going to spend Christmas day listening to the Manc side of the family giving me <deleted> all day now....i did give them 20 years of kitchen sinks last season facepalm.gif

Yeah, massively so mate.

Appreciate the comments, and yeah, we're doing ok. Its not fantastic, apart form the win but, 3rd playing as we are and with the injuries is pretty bloody amazing and I'll take it everyday..!!

Light years ahead of last years inane, inept performances against City and Liverpool.

Karma is a beeeeeeatch ain't it mate....x :lol:

redrus

• Like 1

Another win while not playing well,still grinding out performances like this is giving the players more belief and confidence,Felliani has to go never a United player and if it wasn't for the return of Carrick we would be in the same shit Liverpool are in.

Thankfully we do have quality up top and between the sticks that is winning us games at the moment.

I hope De Gea signs his new contract top quality keeper now and we need to keep him..... at the end it WAS a clean sheet and a 3-0 win but we had the luck on our side again.

Anybody want Felliani?

• Like 1

Another win while not playing well,still grinding out performances like this is giving the players more belief and confidence,Felliani has to go never a United player and if it wasn't for the return of Carrick we would be in the same shit Liverpool are in.

Thankfully we do have quality up top and between the sticks that is winning us games at the moment.

I hope De Gea signs his new contract top quality keeper now and we need to keep him..... at the end it WAS a clean sheet and a 3-0 win but we had the luck on our side again.

Anybody want Felliani?

I say keep Fellaini for now. A couple of misplaced passes in first half but he was trying to push forward. Second half he was much better, some good play and interceptions.

Surprised there were no red cards but we seemed to settle a bit in the second half.

Where would we be without De Gea though, eh? What about Rojo, just a knock?