Manchester United

redrus

Just watching the Stoke V United match and the pundit just said something about United are in transition. Can someone explain to me why United are in transition.

Due to a manager change, new formation, tactics and players.

It's become an automatic gesture whenever a club replace the manager/head coach.

My team Tottenham are in transition nearly every season! go figure.

In that case, every team except Arsenal are in transition. We even won the league twice in the last 3 years whilst in transition and having a new manager in his first year.

Bully for you.

What a dreadful game at Stoke. Always used to hate playing in the wind and with the lighter balls now it makes it even harder.

Why LVG would put Young on the right flank heaven knows Giggsy should have told him,or maybe he did that he has never been a success there.He's a one trick pony play down the left and cut back in side on his right foot anyway he joins the injured ranks,looks like a hammy and that's 4 weeks min.

Falcao looked fitter,mayb ehe is getting up to speed, reminds me of Ruud in the box and VP was off the pace touched the ball 6 times in the first half.

Next game at OT is critical for United, lose that or only get a point will not be enough to stay clear of the pack

We are still in with a shout of winning the league smile.png

clap2.gifcheesy.gif The naivety is youth Mr Ed!!

You ain't winning nought with that defense. You'll also need to have spent over 200m to be a contender again. You were that crap last season. My suggestions would be Godin at center back, and you need a commanding midfielder, which is a great shame since whisky nose got rid of just about the best best there is in Pogba and Strootmans a fitness worry no matter how much van Gaal loves him.

To state the obvious, United dangerous going forward and dreadful at times at the back. That doesn't snatch a title from the likes of Chelsea and City.

We are still in with a shout of winning the league smile.png

clap2.gifcheesy.gif The naivety is youth Mr Ed!!

You ain't winning nought with that defense. You'll also need to have spent over 200m to be a contender again. You were that crap last season. My suggestions would be Godin at center back, and you need a commanding midfielder, which is a great shame since whisky nose got rid of just about the best best there is in Pogba and Strootmans a fitness worry no matter how much van Gaal loves him.

To state the obvious, United dangerous going forward and dreadful at times at the back. That doesn't snatch a title from the likes of Chelsea and City.

Yes...you win nothing with kids eh!! clap2.gifcheesy.gif

I actually agree with a lot of your posts carmine but this one is way off as you well know.

POGBA has done nothing special yet and he is a kid no?

Carrick Herrera Blind are a good start yes maybe we need one more and yes maybe we need one more experienced centre half but once the injuries have subsided and players are getting back to match fitness we know at United that we are a match for anybody which i think in the games against the so called better clubs we have proved already this year.

Our kids at the back and yes they are all young are now getting valuable playing time and experience and also our defensive record is not as bad as you make out is it? check your facts before you post ....my post is/was a spinning line and it worked.

If we get a few of the kids playing consistently this season and add a little experience we will be very happy and ready for next season...as it is believe it or not we are only 9 points off the top and with only the league involved for us you never know.....City and Chelsea are also no great shakes and will have many games injuries and yet more strange results to come...i am sure of that.

Hell even Spurs are in with a shout if they continue to play like they have in the last couple tongue.png

Your comments about Pogba are just ridiculous. His treatment and getting rid of him was one of the greatest gaffs in recent years.

You won with kids because they were an extremely talented bunch managed by a certain Alex Ferguson. Either way i fail to see what that has to do with anything you and i have been discussing.

Sometimes MrEd you appear shamelessly in denial.

Your comments about Pogba are just ridiculous. His treatment and getting rid of him was one of the greatest gaffs in recent years.

You won with kids because they were an extremely talented bunch managed by a certain Alex Ferguson. Either way i fail to see what that has to do with anything you and i have been discussing.

What were my comments that are ridiculous? facepalm.gif concerning Pogba.

To say that one of the most sought after midfielders in the world has done nothing special yet is ridiculous mate. You only get to be a world class player by showing special talent which he already has done. I really don't know how else to spell out the blatently obvious.

Oh wait a minute.....are you trying to paint an equally ridiculous picture of his transfer away not be the most massive <deleted> up by Ferguson? facepalm.gif

Have a think about how much money that debacle is likely to cost your club when we see who you have to buy in and weigh that in against the ridiculously cheap price you sold him for.

Yes Mr Ed, ridiculous is a perfect word to use in the whole Pogba/Man Yoo debacle. Lets also remember the excellent Carrick isn't getting any younger. Fact is, this Man United side is crying out for a commanding Pogba style midfield.

happy United are fielding a strong side we really need a good run in the FA cup and would really like to see us win it, Falcao should have a field day today, but it is the FA cup so anything could happen.

Edited by nev

To say that one of the most sought after midfielders in the world has done nothing special yet is ridiculous mate. You only get to be a world class player by showing special talent which he already has done. I really don't know how else to spell out the blatently obvious.

Oh wait a minute.....are you trying to paint an equally ridiculous picture of his transfer away not be the most massive <deleted> up by Ferguson? facepalm.gif

Have a think about how much money that debacle is likely to cost your club when we see who you have to buy in and weigh that in against the ridiculously cheap price you sold him for.

Yes Mr Ed, ridiculous is a perfect word to use in the whole Pogba/Man Yoo debacle. Lets also remember the excellent Carrick isn't getting any younger. Fact is, this Man United side is crying out for a commanding Pogba style midfield.

Pogba left United as he felt SAF was not giving him a fair run in the side to show his talents.SAF let him go as he considered Pogba was a bit cocky and should wait his turn....The old club bigger than

the player scenario. Letting Pogba go was a big mistake one of a few SAF made at the end of his management career. Shawcross was another.

Pogba may well turn out to be one of the worlds best midfielders but he's not there yet.

How are Yeovil where they are in League 1.Very physical and never stopped harrying and at times running United ragged.

But a wins a win...that's the good news.

The bad news :

Raphael, suspected fractured cheek bone.

Shaw, injury to ankle

Valencia strained thigh

Young, hamstring so that's the 4 wing backs out so can we please get back to a back four

• Like 1

I agree and i think anymore performances like that and we will be back to a four,out of interest if we did and everyone was fit what would be your team?

Smalling is showing signs of confidence now.

Rooney was played to deep again against Yeovil.

Falcao looked knackered.

I agree and i think anymore performances like that and we will be back to a four,out of interest if we did and everyone was fit what would be your team?

Falcao looked knackered.

Falcao has failed to impress up to now, hope he can find his form as he is one of the best strikers around.

Rooney is being played deep to try him as a midfielder of which he is not, Wilson failed to impress too, have high hopes for this lad from what I have seen of him in the reserves.

All's good we are in the next round all that matters.

Falcao looked knackered.

Falcao has failed to impress up to now, hope he can find his form as he is one of the best strikers around.

Rooney is being played deep to try him as a midfielder of which he is not, Wilson failed to impress too, have high hopes for this lad from what I have seen of him in the reserves.

Falcao is not Utd material. He's a Van Nistelrooy type poacher who won't be around next season. It was more of a punt on transfer deadline day to snap him up.

Looking at it in hindsight it was a good decision to loan him.

Van Nistelroy was an accomplished striker and had a fantastic record and was still young when we signed him,to me it looks like Falcao is struggling after his injury and he does not look fit enough for the premier league at present...still time for him but he needs to start scoring in the games now as he is getting his chance to prove his worth.

Still if i had the choice i would have Hernandez back at the moment,more movement and he does get goals.

Time will tell.

Nev..... Rooney needs to be played right behind the striker in a free role but told to be more attack minded than defensively ....it is plain to see when Carrick plays and Rooney pushes on we are a better side,hopefully Di Maria stays fit now and maybe we will go with a four at the back for a while to see if there is any cohesion instead of the 3 at the back.Mata is hot and cold and unfortunately plays his best football in the same position as Rooney.

Looking at it in hindsight it was a good decision to loan him.

Van Nistelroy was an accomplished striker and had a fantastic record and was still young when we signed him,to me it looks like Falcao is struggling after his injury and he does not look fit enough for the premier league at present...still time for him but he needs to start scoring in the games now as he is getting his chance to prove his worth.

Still if i had the choice i would have Hernandez back at the moment,more movement and he does get goals.

Time will tell.

Nev..... Rooney needs to be played right behind the striker in a free role but told to be more attack minded than defensively ....it is plain to see when Carrick plays and Rooney pushes on we are a better side,hopefully Di Maria stays fit now and maybe we will go with a four at the back for a while to see if there is any cohesion instead of the 3 at the back.Mata is hot and cold and unfortunately plays his best football in the same position as Rooney.

I only read the first line mate and i'm bent over double laughing. And on 300k per week at that!!!!!

Stay off the pop Mr Ed!!! drunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEEfKmimwR

EDIT. Can you tell me your thoughts on the signing of Anderson for,,,how much was it?! laugh.png

Edited by carmine

Falcao looked knackered.

Falcao is not Utd material. He's a Van Nistelrooy type poacher who won't be around next season. It was more of a punt on transfer deadline day to snap him up.

A 300k p/w is hardly a punt. More like a dreadful and costly business decision. Was the guy even fit when he signed? To my mind he's a highly talented mercenary.

Well it is better than signing him on a 4/5 year contract then isn't it smarty pants wink.png

"To my mind he's a highly talented mercenary."

Really!! Highly talented mercenary well i am still waiting to see the high talent at United and a mercenary with an astonishing goal scoring record is worth a punt on loan by United.He was getting similar money at Monaco...he could of stayed there but his fitness looks like being a big issue but his record at Madrid and Porto is stunning.

So all in all good idea to loan him better than pay 40 million and a 4 year contract if he turns out to have lost it yes? wink.png as it is we will only spend around 3 million for the season smile.png

Well it is better than signing him on a 4/5 year contract then isn't it smarty pants wink.png

Really!! Highly talented mercenary well i am still waiting to see the high talent at United and a mercenary with an astonishing goal scoring record is worth a punt on loan by United.He was getting similar money at Monaco...he could of stayed there but his fitness looks like being a big issue but his record at Madrid and Porto is stunning.

So all in all good idea to loan him better than pay 40 million and a 4 year contract if he turns out to have lost it yes? wink.png as it is we will only spend around 3 million for the season smile.png

"smarty pants" biggrin.png

"smarty pants" biggrin.png

That was me being nice tongue.png

I like this story.......

Souvenir tickets for an Accrington Stanley FA Cup tie which will never happen sold out within 36 hours, the club has confirmed.

The League Two side missed out on hosting Manchester United in the third round of the FA Cup after losing 2-0 to Yeovil in their second-round replay.

Despite this, Stanley said they were still producing 250 special-edition tickets, which have raised £5,000.

Club chairman Peter Marsden said 100 of them were sold to a fan in Brazil.

Phil Carruthers, originally from Accrington, moved to Brazil in 1960 where he eventually became managing director of the Copacabana Palace Hotel.

A keen football fan all of his life, Mr Carruthers said he had watched more than 1,000 games at Brazil's Maracana stadium.

"I have seen all of Brazil's legends, including Pele... but, in spite of all this, nothing in football has give me more pleasure than following Accrington Stanley and witnessing their heroic fight for survival against all the odds," he said

'Tongue in cheek'

Club chairman Peter Marsden said the idea for the limited edition tickets was "tongue in cheek" but the money generated will be used to help manager John Coleman and his assistant Jimmy Bell strengthen the squad.

"Thank you to everyone who bought a ticket to the game that never was. To sell out so quickly is no mean achievement.

"I know it is only £5,000 but it could be make all the difference between us being to get a player in on loan who can get us to the play-offs or missing out by a point."

Coleman said he hoped Stanley would ultimately get to play the 20-time league winners.

Yeah, if Falcao can get back to 3/4 of the player he was not long ago. When right he is a goal scoring machine.

Yeah, if Falcao can get back to 3/4 of the player he was not long ago. When right he is a goal scoring machine.

Very true but you don't pay 300k p/w for a player thats not fit enough and has a lingering injury. In short, shouldn't have gotten rid of Sweet Pea and spent the Falcao dosh on Hummels/Godin where it really needs to be spent. Thats all smarty pants is saying!!!!!

Edited by carmine

Very true but you don't pay 300k p/w for a player thats not fit enough and has a lingering injury. In short, shouldn't have gotten rid of Sweet Pea and spent the Falcao dosh on Hummels/Godin where it really needs to be spent. Thats all smarty pants is saying!!!!!

After getting rid of Welbeck and Hernandez LVG needed another striker so renting Falcao was a way of not paying up front and a chance to see if he is fit and good enough after his injury, atm he has not done enough and justified his wage, we will just have to wait and see.

Where's your proof Falcao is getting £300k a week.?

Media talk = no proof at all.

redrus

Oh ok, so If i knocked a carrot off his pay slip would that make it a good deal Rus?! biggrin.png

Don't be daft mate, I'm aware that apart from red top tittle tattle we don't have a lot to discuss but, at least take it with a pot of salt. ;)

redrus