Manchester United

redrus

Schneiderlin has signed, I am over the moon with this signing, and to think he us classed as a homegrown player.

What a transfer window it has been for us, midfield sorted for years to come, schwiensteiger brought in to add leadership what we have been lacking.

Schneiderlin has signed, I am over the moon with this signing, and to think he us classed as a homegrown player.

What a transfer window it has been for us, midfield sorted for years to come, schwiensteiger brought in to add leadership what we have been lacking.

So how many years do you think the kraut has in him Nev ?

If we get 3 years, the team with his leadership will be in better shape than we have been for a long time, teams just walked through us last season, this season we have corrected that and having schwiensteiger there on or off the pitch will add leadership we have been lacking.

If we get 3 years, the team with his leadership will be in better shape than we have been for a long time, teams just walked through us last season, this season we have corrected that and having schwiensteiger there on or off the pitch will add leadership we have been lacking.

Ok, so your definition of "for years to come " is 3 years, mmmm interesting smile.png

Probably a good combo of buys, but can't help feeling it shows how far lower the bar has dropped at the Theatre of Dreams in recent seasons. You guys should have expected to be celebrating a Pogba or Vidalthumbsup.gif

Probably a good combo of buys, but can't help feeling it shows how far lower the bar has dropped at the Theatre of Dreams in recent seasons. You guys should have expected to be celebrating a Pogba or Vidalthumbsup.gif

To be fair when you let a player go on a free you don't go back for him and pay 60m.

• Like 1

Ok, so your definition of "for years to come " is 3 years, mmmm interesting smile.png

No its not, 3 years for one player, Schneiderlin is a long term player and will be our mainstay for years to come.

To be fair when you let a player go on a free you don't go back for him and pay 60m.

True - I could say (in the usual style of the football threads that demands the last word) " but to be fair I said 'a Pogba', not 'Pogba' "

{In truth I forgot Pogba's history}

No its not, 3 years for one player, Schneiderlin is a long term player and will be our mainstay for years to come.

So when you said "What a transfer window it has been for us, midfield sorted for years to come, schwiensteiger brought in to add leadership what we have been lacking."

i took that to mean because you've signed 2 midfielders but you only meant Schneiderlin smile.png

True - I could say (in the usual style of the football threads that demands the last word) " but to be fair I said 'a Pogba', not 'Pogba' "

{In truth I forgot Pogba's history}

And again i would also say (in the usual style of the football threads that demands the last word) that i was surprised United didn't do for Vidal and that the Hummels transfer fizzled out.

• Like 1

So when you said "What a transfer window it has been for us, midfield sorted for years to come, schwiensteiger brought in to add leadership what we have been lacking."

i took that to mean because you've signed 2 midfielders but you only meant Schneiderlin smile.png

So do you think schwiensteiger is a good buy by United, and do you think he will benefit United not just for maybe 3 years but the future too ?.

So do you think schwiensteiger is a good buy by United, and do you think he will benefit United not just for maybe 3 years but the future too ?.

Well he has only signed a 3 year contract so not sure what your talking about when you mention the future facepalm.gif and anyway i fail to see what that has got to do with your comment midfield sorted for years to come whistling.gif

What a transfer window it has been for us,

Yeah, you've been very active early on and got who you wanted. Probably just the De Gea issue to sort out now. Must say I'm more worried about you now, than anytime since SAF left

Manager said he wanted the transfers done early so they can be on the plane for the tour leaving today, also he has cancelled part of the tour that was planned to limit travel.

So schwienstiger is signing for us, a few years late, but even at 30 he is a excellent buy and just what we need.

Couldn't get Schneiderlin then?

Where does that leave Carrick, best player aside De Gea last season?

Have heard Schneiderlin is signing tootoo, just a case of agreeing the fee, terms with the player already agreed.

Really?

I heard they aren't bothering any more now that they've got Steinlager.

Looks like I owe you Schwien butty and a pint!

With brown sauce and my pint is of the real ale variety thanks ;)

Yeah, you've been very active early on and got who you wanted. Probably just the De Gea issue to sort out now. Must say I'm more worried about you now, than anytime since SAF left

Agreed Mr Bo. They just need to get a world class manager and they should be back in the frame big time! I know Van Gargle has a good history, but he looked clueless at times last season, even allowing for the usual bedding-in/getting-to-know justifications.

Schweinsteiger's girlfriend is Ana Ivanovic, the hottest tennis player on the planet. Which begs the question: how can an ugly git like him pull such a stunner (it can't be for the money; she's loaded)?

Reminds me of this memorable exchange during an interview with Peter Crouch:

(Interviewer) " What would you be if not a footballer?"

(Crouch, after a lengthy pause.....) " A virgin!" :)

Edited by evadgib

Agreed Mr Bo. They just need to get a world class manager and they should be back in the frame big time! I know Van Gargle has a good history, but he looked clueless at times last season, even allowing for the usual bedding-in/getting-to-know justifications.

Maybe you would like to expand on how LVG looked clueless.

Its not an excuse but a fact that United topped the table in the injury count and the least affected were Chelsea.......Source www.physioroom.com

I seem to remember there were 25 different centre back combinations due to injuries.

You don't suddenly become bad manager.That over used, tabloid phrase "world class manager' makes me laugh,care to give us the "guidelines" that elevates you to such a position

united look to be strengthening with purpose this summer. assuming they keep de gea and if they bring in someone like cavani to replace van persie their squad looks like it'll be in pretty good shape.

• Like 2

Most people i spoke to last season thought that United qualified in the top four despite of LvG. Persisted in a 352 that didn't work due to unsuitable players and continued to try and ram square pegs in round holes to try a prove he knew best. Left out Mata and Herrera for far too long, was hopeless with Di Maria, had no idea how to get the best out of him....i could go on, but your qualified in fourth nonetheless.

Your away contingent obviously thought he was clueless too. They seemed to clearly understand what he didn't but van Gaals first season was a constant reminder that you can't teach a (very stubborn) dog new tricks.

He takes very little credit for the top four finish. More credit should go to De Gea and the fifth placed side, Spurs for their thoroughly abtsmal defense which made your top four possible.

I will concede he did atlas improve one player. Young. Bravo

He's given a 30 yo a three year contract....SAF had anyone over 30 on one year deals.....

True, but in Uniteds defense, Sterling cost City more than Schweinsteiger, Sneiderlin and Darmien put together. And in that you also have proven players and a wealth of experience in the German which will be invaluable.

• Like 2

He's given a 30 yo a three year contract....SAF had anyone over 30 on one year deals.....

True, but in Uniteds defense, Sterling cost City more than Schweinsteiger, Sneiderlin and Darmien put together. And in that you also have proven players and a wealth of experience in the German which will be invaluable.

Anyone else notice that Carmine seems to be cuddling up to United now. LFC so absolutely dreadful at the mo that even the second-string admirers are deserting in droves. Guess he thinks they are a better bet than Citehbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more MrB. Looks like the lovely days of Mr. Moyes are very distant in the rear view. For all the grief he received from many LVG appears to have righted the ship as he was hired to do. A pity that !sad.png