Manchester United

redrus

At times it has looked like LVG was going to get things turned around, particularly on defense. But the attack !! Somewhere up top there must be questions asked now as to why prolific Di Maria and Chicharito couldn't find a place in LVG's squad. Between them this season they must have more goals and assists than the entire United team.

He tried to play Di Maria in a compressed midfield which was never going to work. Di Maria needs space to make his attacking runs. Schoolboy stuff from such inexperienced manager. He was fantastic under Ancelotti because he knew where and how to play him.

At times it has looked like LVG was going to get things turned around, particularly on defense. But the attack !! Somewhere up top there must be questions asked now as to why prolific Di Maria and Chicharito couldn't find a place in LVG's squad. Between them this season they must have more goals and assists than the entire United team.

He tried to play Di Maria in a compressed midfield which was never going to work. Di Maria needs space to make his attacking runs. Schoolboy stuff from such inexperienced manager. He was fantastic under Ancelotti because he knew where and how to play him.

And no slouch at PSG now either.

Di Maria is a talented player when he is given space and time-in the premiership this does not happen,he didn,t like tight marking or tracking back when defending and didn,t have the balls to adapt.sad.png

Chicarito will never be a "class striker" as his first touch is awfull,great guy though and good luck to him at his new club thumbsup.gif

^

I'd give an awful lot to have them both back, under a different manager, despite your views on them.

redrus

Was listening to.

a bbc podcast on euro.footie

He's absolutely scoring for fun in Germany atm

Wiki has him at 11 in 14 games

But i do seem to remember it was better than that

Not bad for someone that vg reckoned, was it Had a 3% ? Chance of getting in the utd team.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

With the exception of Martial,as he was an unknown quality when he arrived, not one single United outfield player is playing up to his perceived, or, proven potential.

If this continues forget about top 4,top 6 might be beyond them

Looking at Jones as an example he looks to be running on empty.Defence is shambolic and Young has no idea of positional play and why should he is not a defender.

It was SAF that let Shawcross and Cathcart go and frankly could the much maligned Jonny Evans be any worse ? Up front is just too dire to discuss

Not just a problem at United there is a gremlin in the works Leicester ,Watford & Bournemouth running riot...crazy, unpredictable season

• Like 2

In fairness The central defensive partnership of Jones and smalling

Just needs time. Imo its as good if not potentially better than anything around at the mo. Just needs a run of games together.

Got to say though young at right bac , can't for the life of me see that one even more so given more so considering the money he's had and the time , he can't cover rb with anything better than a left winger ....

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

I wanna know why he's the only Dutchman I ever met who can't speak fluent English.

This had me thinking until I saw his most recent post match interview and the penny dropped as to who his voice reminds me of.

The answer came to me this evening...

_47907106_rayalan226.jpg

Cue half time in the dressing room:

"You silly A*se" :)

(With apologies to the under 50's)

To brighten up your Xmas lads, city have 17 points from there last 36 and it is us that are shiiite, and to think we are coping with 10 injuries which all started with a shocking tackle on Shaw up until then we looked good, how would the divs cope with 10 players out :), Mangala Bony Sterling all Rubbish but we are the ones who have spent badly.

City always puts a smile on my face when I am down about united.

Keep the faith reds we might finish above our wealthy Arab neighbors yet.

• Like 1

To brighten up your Xmas lads, city have 17 points from there last 36 and it is us that are shiiite, and to think we are coping with 10 injuries which all started with a shocking tackle on Shaw up until then we looked good, how would the divs cope with 10 players out smile.png

You obviously haven't been paying attention to our injury list nev.

Even so, we have still been playing decent entertaining football and the fans and haven't been whinging about how boring our game is. Don't forget, it's your own supporters who are saying that and getting on LvG's back. Us City fans are just sitting back and enjoying it. Trying to cheer yourself up because we lost at the Emirates is pure desperation on United's part.

Keep the faith reds we might finish above our wealthy Arab neighbors yet.

Brilliant. Now you are trying to convince people you are the poor relations when you are supposed to be one of the biggest and richest clubs on the planet.

• Like 1

LVG spits his dummy out in press conference.

Enjoy your whine and mince pie.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35166770

Amazes me how experienced managers can lose their shit in these situations. Even given the fact that most of these journos are evil little twits with no skills other than asking pointless, inane questions.coffee1.gif

Looked like he had to leave before he started crying, he has come under a lot of stick, fans have to realize the field has been leveled somewhat in regards to smaller clubs being able to buy virtually the same players as the top 6 clubs

Teams like Watford get the same money as the champions did a couple of years ago, and only so many top players available, the best of the best go to Real and barc

• Like 1

Amazes me how experienced managers can lose their shit in these situations. Even given the fact that most of these journos are evil little twits with no skills other than asking pointless, inane questions.coffee1.gif

I think it's called "feeling the pressure"....

I think it's called "feeling the pressure"....

I get it Chiccy but even so. Most of these guys, and certainly LVG, have enough money to tell everyone to piss up a rope. Still with so much to prove at such an advanced age. Walk away, go fishing, take up curling, whatever. Humongous egos must be the answer.

• Like 1

Apologies for the poor copy n paste formatting

Match of the Day commentator Alistair Mann has penned a Christmas poem ahead of watching Manchester United's crucial Premier League game against Stoke on Boxing Day:

What the Dickens is going on?

It's Christmas Eve in Carrington and darkness has descendedWhile for others long since home, their working day has ended,A man sits down, he's deep in thought, his coat says "LVG"For him so much to ponder, is it time for 4-3-3?People say it's crisis point, that things have all gone wrongHe feels that he can turn it round, he's resolute and strong.A career that has been glittering, in Spain and Holland too,But now he sits there wondering exactly what to do.Then suddenly a flash of light, a ghostly vision nearsA blast of hairdryer heated air, a sagely man appears."Come on son, now's not the time to brood and moan and grieveInstead be sure and confident and in yourself believe."It's not a time for fairy tales, Scrooge or Mary PoppinsYou need a change of fortune son, for me it was Mark Robins!Things turned round dramatically with Giggsy, Becks and ScholesWe didn't deal in goalless draws, just bulging sacks of goals!"So now's the time to gamble son, you have your latest missionRemember the United way cos we've a strong tradition.The lessons from the past are clear, whenever you look backFor us the best form of defence, attack, attack, attack!"With that another bang and crash, and standing in his placeAnother apparition with a most familiar face.Donned in stripes of red and white, he says," The name is Hughes,I hear our game this weekend you can't afford to lose!This fairground ride we're sitting on it never seems to stop,Off went Rodgers, Advocaat and on came Sam and Klopp.So I'll be waiting Saturday with Bojan and Shaqiri."Then he laughed, began to fade, the atmosphere was eerie.There then emerged another flash and bang his face had goneAnd standing there a different man, "I am the special one.Only a few months ago I achieved the double,Then a string of bad results and boy was I in trouble!Instead I sit here menacing but not to poke or tease,But I've just heard Old Trafford might be going Portuguese!It could be me, or maybe not, just don't fail at Britannia,Instead a Pep talk could be next, e Viva its Espana!"Then suddenly the Dutchman woke, it was a crazy dream,And United after all still remained his team."Ah," he sighed, "all these reports, they're just a cruel joke,There's no way my fate depends just on the match at Stoke.".or does it?

Piss poor first half that, need a rousing 2 and half or Lvg will be sacked soon.

Yes we have players but you cannot use as a excuse those playing are not putting in a shift, seems like they have stopped playing for the manager.