Manchester United

redrus

It,s only a bloody game for goodness sake thumbsup.gif

How can you say such a thing. It's like saying to the Pope, the Bible is just a book.

Chess is just a game, table tennis is just a game, darts is just a game etc. Football is much, much more. The fact that nearly all of us on here stay up until stupid o'clock to watch a match shows it's more than just a game.

and the fact we spend so much time in here "discussing" football is also testament it is much more, or maybe that we are just sado anoraks smile.png

None of us wear anoraks...it's too bloody hot! B)

• Like 1

and the fact we spend so much time in here "discussing" football is also testament it is much more, or maybe that we are just sado anoraks smile.png

None of us wear anoraks...it's too bloody hot! cool.png

I,m in Krabi for a few days and believe me anyone selling anorak,s now would make a bloody fortune.........its been peeing down for the last couple of days gigglem.gif

• Like 2

So what's your thoughts on zlatan at old trafford, if he can stay fit, at 34 might he find the intensity of English footie telling ? A match made in heaven? I'm just thinking cantano see Zlatan in sort of the same light,maybe not as bright, but a similar showman that will welcome and grow with the Stage.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Open minded to any incoming players to be honest,if they can bring excitement and entertaining football back AND help in the development of the younger players then I,m all for it........but we shall see whistling.gif

So what's your thoughts on zlatan at old trafford, if he can stay fit, at 34 might he find the intensity of English footie telling ? A match made in heaven? I'm just thinking cantano see Zlatan in sort of the same light,maybe not as bright, but a similar showman that will welcome and grow with the Stage.

My thoughts are I'm not convinced he can cut it in the prem at his age. I know he's fit and looks after himself though. If the price is right then I suppose why not give it a go...

Open minded to any incoming players to be honest,if they can bring excitement and entertaining football back AND help in the development of the younger players then I,m all for it........but we shall see whistling.gif

Your incoming manager does not do exciting and entertaining football or promote youth whistling.gif

Your incoming manager does not do exciting and entertaining football or promote youth whistling.gif

I'm no Mourinho lover but check out his Madrid stats...

post-106512-14641505581566_thumb.jpg

Bob

As in my reply..................we shall see rolleyes.gif

Time will only tell thumbsup.gif

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mourinho defo brings a lot of baggage but he could be a perfect fit....and the way he is on the touchline is more passionate than Van Gaal ever was.

I would like to see Giggs stay and be joined Gary Neville that would be the most hated trio ever lol! tongue.png

Did you see Fergie dancing on the touchline when he was in charge and United won all the league titles and the treble ? I remember him as very calm most of the time , even if the players would feel his temper sometimes.

As I said before considering all the injuries LvG did a very good job with the young players.

Yes we did

who knows , maybe he'll adapt to the traditional 'utd way', but one thing he does luv is big f off c'forwards and the ibro boy is certainly that

Edited by rijit

who knows , maybe he'll adapt to the traditional 'utd way', but one thing he does luv is big f off c'forwards and the ibro boy is certainly that

Maybe he can convert Fellaini to the number 9 position and save United some brass clap2.gif

Fellaini's converting to MMA

post-102811-0-25112200-1464236733_thumb.

Blimey. How complicated are contracts nowadays. Apparently one of the stalling points in appointing Mourinho is that his name has a copyright. As well as being registered in the UK, 'Jose Mourinho' is registered as a trademark of Chelsea FC on the European Union's Intellectual Property Database.

Also, there are conflicts of interest with Mourinho's and United's sponsorship, including their watch and car deals. United have a watch deal with Bulova, while Mourinho is with Hublot. United have Chevrolet and Mourinho is contracted to Jaguar.

Blimey. How complicated are contracts nowadays. Apparently one of the stalling points in appointing Mourinho is that his name has a copyright. As well as being registered in the UK, 'Jose Mourinho' is registered as a trademark of Chelsea FC on the European Union's Intellectual Property Database.

Also, there are conflicts of interest with Mourinho's and United's sponsorship, including their watch and car deals. United have a watch deal with Bulova, while Mourinho is with Hublot. United have Chevrolet and Mourinho is contracted to Jaguar.

it's almost like he's a mad vain narcissistic get who is only concerned about himself and his self-image or something isn't it?

easy to see why someone old school like bobby charlton can't stand him.

My thoughts are I'm not convinced he can cut it in the prem at his age. I know he's fit and looks after himself though. If the price is right then I suppose why not give it a go...

I read that Zlatan will be asking for £220,000 a week. That's a whole lotta dosh for an 'old man'.

at the risk of sounding old, i remember when £220k was a transfer fee, not a <deleted> weekly wage.

Do you feel out of touch or would you like me to remind you of Jurgens weekly?

Just done 12 weeks of hard graft, now back home to settle down and watch the euro's and the Mourinio show train rolling into town, and having the Abu nation up in arms, he is a winner and will with a few players in and out added to the talent we have to get us back on top again.

• Like 1

This is a good read about our new manager, he will make us title challengers this coming season for sure.

http://www.haugstadfootball.net/2012/06/05/the-psychology-behind-jose-mourinho/

i may well agree with you, especially if dealings in the transfer market go well but isn't it interesting then to consider how and why he got his man management so totally wrong at Chelsea and in the case of his appalling treatment of Eva Caneiro has yet to, even after months in time to reflect, held his hands up and admitted he was wrong in every way?

Does top man management include knocking your players (Matic, for example) in public?

In terms of management Ferguson was the best i can think of but i really don't see Mourinho in that ilk.

His management at Madrid ended up in failure too with reports of over half the squad wanting/demanding his removal.

I don't actually see this happening at United because he'll be rebuilding a squad with his mantra of "my way or the highway" and the new squad will buy into him. But, for how long? To me he's still and always will be a two season manager.

Maybe what you have said is true, but on the other hand maybe this is his dream job and he will not want to &lt;deleted&gt; up, he seems to get United and will not come out with defeatist statements like Moyes saying we will try and make it hard for them, or Lvg saying our expectations are too high.

I like his win at all costs way and sometimes it might be boring but hey I can't get much worse than under Lvg.

Maybe what you have said is true, but on the other hand maybe this is his dream job and he will not want to <deleted> up, he seems to get United and will not come out with defeatist statements like Moyes saying we will try and make it hard for them, or Lvg saying our expectations are too high.

I like his win at all costs way and sometimes it might be boring but hey I can't get much worse than under Lvg.

Yes, he certainly has the winners mentality required. No doubt about that. I also think that when a club is winning silverware at the highest level savvy football fans recognize the need for tactics to "do a job" i remember too well the "Spurs way" as it was known. Lose gloriously! Doesn't work in the modern day game.

I doubt i'll ever think he was the best choice for the job but i do concede he'll turn you into contenders. The team will be better drilled too. Sometimes i watched United last season and at times it looked like the players didn't understand what they were supposed to be doing.