Manchester United

redrus

I don't think its that Rooney doesn't put the effort in or has the required skill as he has shown over and over he has that in abundance.

He is simply too slow now....and nothing is going to change that.

Just his physique....its not even something you can lay blame for....but it is ruining Utd's shape happily.

Long may he retain his place!

Lifelong Manchester United fan gets his dying wish to meet his heroes - and passes away 45 minutes later.

I think it brilliant that Ashley Young, Marcus Rashford, Jesse Lingard and Timothy Fosu-Mensah all visited the 73-year-old - well done lads!

Not knocking as I think it was great that those guys showed up for the fan, but surely a +70 year old might have preferred players from the days when he was in his 20s to 40s.

Anyway, once again, well done the club and the 4 players.

9 hours ago, smokie36 said:

Where's Rooney???

Was being rested.                 Totally inept,lethargic performance last night.The fringe players did little to aid their cause.

Played on a pristine pitch this was the chance for United to show they might be a force this year but were totally outplayed albeit their goal was marginally offside.

Watching it live on 365 sport at midnight I wondered why I bothered.

Rashord started and I cant remember one ball he could run onto ,his strength and was repaced by Zlatan.

De Pay, when they suddenly sprang to live in the last 5 mins took a free kick which,instead of landing in the box, sailed over into the crowd, that about summed up the night

Jones is out for at least 4 weeks,injured knee in training ,the guy just cant get a break.

If they dont pick up their game dont expect any points at Watford....dire.

• Like 1

it was a hard game and Feyenoord played a very physical game as can be seen by the fowls committed, they just bullied pushed shoved  manu off the ball and the ref allowed it continue throughout the game, mix that with a  green team that haven't settled as a team and a few players that should have been transferred as they still can't pass a ball, it takes time for bunch of new players to learn how to play together. also was it just me or was that also a rather small pitch.

some would argue they were outplayed - I would say they were out fouled and not as football should be, how you defeat a team like that is force penalties by getting inside the box

Edited by smedly
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Have you bought the real Pogba? If he was a painting I'd be wondering if I'd bought a forgery

He will come good, he is trying to do to much, he needs a holding midfielder next to him someone  like Carrick to free him up.

• Like 2

There tactics worked stop united playing by fouling and it worked.

Not to bothered about the loss we can come back from this, all about 3 points at Watford who are no pushover after a great win at West ham.

On 14/09/2016 at 1:09 PM, smokie36 said:

I don't think its that Rooney doesn't put the effort in or has the required skill as he has shown over and over he has that in abundance.

He is simply too slow now....and nothing is going to change that.

Just his physique....its not even something you can lay blame for....but it is ruining Utd's shape happily.

Long may he retain his place.

The most intelligent  players learn to adapt to their physical declines. Rooney was once regarded as a very intelligent footballing brain.

Example

Scholes was never quick but never really declined.

7 hours ago, smedly said:

it was a hard game and Feyenoord played a very physical game as can be seen by the fowls committed, they just bullied pushed shoved  manu off the ball and the ref allowed it continue throughout the game, mix that with a  green team that haven't settled as a team and a few players that should have been transferred as they still can't pass a ball, it takes time for bunch of new players to learn how to play together. also was it just me or was that also a rather small pitch.

some would argue they were outplayed - I would say they were out fouled and not as football should be, how you defeat a team like that is force penalties by getting inside the box

Glad you mentioned the  pitch I had forgotten, thought it might be my fading eyesight.There was no width, it was like watching under 10's all around the ball.

While some players might be settling in it was a very poor performance.Shots on goal were minimal and never worried their keeper. Rojo,Darmien,Schienderlin and De Pay certainly won't be playing this weeknd.

If LVG had been managing this effort he would have been slaughtered.

16 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Glad you mentioned the  pitch I had forgotten, thought it might be my fading eyesight.There was no width, it was like watching under 10's all around the ball.

While some players might be settling in it was a very poor performance.Shots on goal were minimal and never worried their keeper. Rojo,Darmien,Schienderlin and De Pay certainly won't be playing this weeknd.

If LVG had been managing this effort he would have been slaughtered.

IMO it actually looked like a LVG performance.

they were played hard on a pitch that was tiny and compact, it was like watching a football team playing a rugby team, the ref did blow quite a number of fouls (match stats) but allowed it to continue without showing red, it was a scrum the whole match, we will see when they have to play at OT..........quite a different game entirely, if ever there was a game that Roon should have been playing it was that one, Rashford doesn't know how to play hard he was out of his depth being pushed and shoved off the ball......the ref never got a handle on the game as he should have........football is football not rugby - it is not a contact sport - contact is a foul

Handful of games into the season and the media presure is ramping up on Mourinho and United.Only 99 points left up for grabs so you can understnd it:coffee1:

Obviously will be some changes tonight after the mid week debacle.

Using the stick the pin in method I would go for

De Gea

Valencia      Bailly      Smalling      Shaw

Carrick     Pogba  (Last chance saloon Rooney

Rashford        Zlatan        Martial

Zlatan although has scored a couple of good goals he also has missed quite a number of sitters were he should have easily scored

Manu still seem to have box phobia, players like Rashford and Pogba should be charging in there and forcing possible dodgy tackles and penalties

But it is obvious they are not playing as a coherent team yet.

I also think the tackle on Marial was a fowl and should have resulted in a free kick not a goal

• Like 1