Manchester United

redrus

i think the big difference with ronaldo this season is that he just doesn't want to be at united. he thought he was off to madrid last summer and he would've been but for ferguson's sheer bloody mindedness. so this season he's looked like a player who isn't really committed to the club, is playing for himself and is basically doing the team a favour by turning out for them.

:o So the question again... to Ronaldo's sudden drop in form? but most obvious he hasn't looked energetic or up for the last few games considering its the business end of the season. Where as Stevie G looks to have found another level and looks like he is doing everything in his power to win.

I have been saying opposite to Stevie and most LFC fans for that matter about our chances of clawing back the league.I still think LFC we will win the League... there I have said it again :D

Most LFC fans and neutrals have been saying it is near impossible to conceive that Utd will drop points and that we blew our chance earlier when we was ahead.

Personally just an observation and not having a Utd rant... I though Utd have flattered to deceive in many games this season The cracks have started to show at the worst time for you.

And interesting that Fergie has been talking about Raffa a lot of late, which shows Raffa has certainly stirred up Fergie. Funny how no one questions Fergie's unusual choice's of team selection and tactics for some crucial games of late and very surprising to me.

A bigger question I have... is are you lot still so sure you have won the Title already? ??

did you watch the fulham game devil? ronaldo didn't score 2x because the goalie robbed him and his 2nd header went right at him.

to show how big of an impact he Ronaldo has had, most games he gets double teamed when he crosses the half way line, meaning the rooneys, berba and tevez crowd need to do more with the openings than they currently are.

how many goals has torres got this year? 33 (oh i forgot, he was hurt).

So that's your answer... he has been marked out of recent games.

After watching Torres yesterday, I just thought he still looked up for it with his challenges, runs and did enough to help the team get a massive victory by keeping the defenders on their back foot and has been sublime in his last games.

i think the big difference with ronaldo this season is that he just doesn't want to be at united. he thought he was off to madrid last summer and he would've been but for ferguson's sheer bloody mindedness. so this season he's looked like a player who isn't really committed to the club, is playing for himself and is basically doing the team a favour by turning out for them.

That is what I was thinking also but obviously Utd fans don't agree.

I know he is good at set pieces but I think he should know when not to just shoot direct at goal. Surprising Fergie hasn't stepped in to vary their set pieces a bit. Its working for LFC at the moment by switching takers around for different areas of the pitch.

Edited by Devil

couple of my united fan mates back home do. they haven't forgiven him for trying to engineer a way out to madrid last summer, for the 'slave' crap and for not playing with 100% effort this season.

I know he is good at set pieces but I think he should know when not to just shoot direct at goal. Surprising Fergie hasn't stepped in to vary their set pieces a bit. Its working for LFC at the moment by switching takers around for different areas of the pitch.

Even a Devil's advocate would not agree with your assumption. The guy plays virtually every match - Carling, FA, League and Champions League - even when I am sure he not always fully fit. People who don't want to be somewhere find excuses not to play.

Even a Devil's advocate would not agree with your assumption. The guy plays virtually every match - Carling, FA, League and Champions League - even when I am sure he not always fully fit. People who don't want to be somewhere find excuses not to play.

Can you explain his form this season to last season then?

like i say james, i have united fan mates back home who can't stand him. last season they loved him, this season they've grudgingly accepted him.

and it's not about just playing every match, anyone can do that. it's about his body language, his petulance to referees, his not listening to his captain giggs telling him to shut up on saturday. . . .ferguson used to tear strips of players for that kind of behaviour but he seems to indulge ronaldo. perhaps he's just afraid of losing him and not knowing how to replace him.

Can you explain his form this season to last season then?

I think i did about 3 post ago.

this year....2009/2009

Torres: 35 games played all competitions = 16 goals, shots 96, 38 on target

Ronaldo: 52 games played all competions = 26 goals, (last year he averaged .8 goals per game) this year. 292 shots, 114 on target

torres scoring once per every 2.5 shots per goal, ronaldo, one per every 4.5

One's striker, one's a winger, you do the math Dev.

think the reverse of that is true in football really james. it's the 'shop window' effect.

think the reverse of that is true in football really james. it's the 'shop window' effect.

This all leads me to believe Ronaldo has already settled on going to Madrid then.

This all leads me to believe Ronaldo has already settled on going to Madrid then.

well he undoubtedly had, hadn't he? just that united didn't let him, and fair play to them for holding him to his contract. i did think last summer that they had probably agreed he stay one more season though, so think he'll be off to madrid this summer, particularly with them having presidential elections this year.

Wayne Rooney fears longer FA ban after Fulham outburst

Wayne Rooney fears he will be handed an extra one-game ban by the FA as punishment after he failed to leave the field of play when he was sent off during Manchester United's 2-0 defeat at Fulham on Saturday.

Rooney was sent off by referee Phil Dowd a minute from the end of their second successive league defeat and remonstrated with the official after he was shown a red card.

The United striker confronted Dowd and jabbed his finger towards the official's face, clearly shouting to him that he was 'only giving the f*****g ball back' when he hurled it towards Ryan Giggs.

Daily Mail.

Edited by Devil

Berbatov to miss World Cup qualifiers as ankle injury rules him out for two weeks

Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov has been ruled out of the Bulgaria squad for their upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Republic of Ireland and Cyprus with an ankle injury.

Dimitar Berbatov

Heading for trouble: Dimitar Berbatov was injured during his team's defeat at Fulham on Saturday.

The Bulgaria captain sustained the injury in his club's 2-0 defeat to Fulham yesterday, where he was substituted at half-time.

Daily Mail.

Ferguson's fixture gamble betrays anxiety over title

• Manager opts to meet Aston Villa only two days before Porto tie

• We've sent a message to United, says Liverpool's Carragher

Sir Alex Ferguson is so concerned about Manchester United's sudden slump in form that he has been forced to gamble with a fixture rescheduling, on a day that Jamie Carragher warned the faltering English, European and world champions that ­Liverpool had replaced them as the ­country's in-form team.

The Guardian

Very interesting! neutrals must be loving this!

Sir Alex Ferguson is so concerned about Manchester United's sudden slump in form that he has been forced to gamble with a fixture rescheduling, on a day that Jamie Carragher warned the faltering English, European and world champions that ­Liverpool had replaced them as the ­country's in-form team.

The Guardian

fuc_k the neutrals. :o

and carragher should shut up.

The Guardian

fuc_k the neutrals. :D

and carragher should shut up.

:o

Newsflash - Fergie has joined the AA.

Thats because the wheels are coming off......... :o

not yet they aren't. they're still top with a game in hand and two defeats do not a crisis make. far too many false dawns to predict united's demise just yet.

Thats because the wheels are coming off......... :D

not yet they aren't. they're still top with a game in hand and two defeats do not a crisis make. far too many false dawns to predict united's demise just yet.

Not like :D You Stevie BUT a very sensible comment.

Sir A F WILL win the league and another couple of cups this year and next year BEFORE RETIRING :o

BT :D

Stevie's just sensible enough to know that nothing jinxes you like going overboard with your gloating, as has been in plentiful supply of late from the Liverpool crowd and all the rest. :D

Stevie's just sensible enough to know that nothing jinxes you like going overboard with your gloating, as has been in plentiful supply of late from the Liverpool crowd and all the rest. :D

Yep, he certainly is. I am sure that Ferguson ill have to say little for a team at the next match, he might as well post up all the drivel that has been written in the press about how United are falling apart. Three weeks ago, the same lot were hailing United as unstoppable, two defeats, and now they are in disarrya. Same goes for Liverpool, who after a couple of good wins, are now being hailed as the best team. Still plenty of games to be played, and plaenty up for grabs.

It would have perhaps been more interesting if the International break wasnt upon us, and Utd had been playing Sunderland away, this week, instead of Villa at home .

The break coupled with the fact that Villa are in freefall, will, unfortunately, allow Utd to steady the ship :o

Stevie's just sensible enough to know that nothing jinxes you like going overboard with your gloating, as has been in plentiful supply of late from the Liverpool crowd and all the rest. :o

you're too kind rix. :D

Yep, he certainly is. I am sure that Ferguson ill have to say little for a team at the next match, he might as well post up all the drivel that has been written in the press about how United are falling apart. Three weeks ago, the same lot were hailing United as unstoppable, two defeats, and now they are in disarrya. Same goes for Liverpool, who after a couple of good wins, are now being hailed as the best team. Still plenty of games to be played, and plaenty up for grabs.

absolutely right is that. the majority of this is down to the press, sky and setanta needing a championship race and so hyping it up into something it isn't. we lose at fulham next league match and it's all over again. short-termism abounds, and a lot of our fans have been buying into it.

Stevie's just sensible enough to know that nothing jinxes you like going overboard with your gloating, as has been in plentiful supply of late from the Liverpool crowd and all the rest. :o

you're too kind rix. :D

absolutely right is that. the majority of this is down to the press, sky and setanta needing a championship race and so hyping it up into something it isn't. we lose at fulham next league match and it's all over again. short-termism abounds, and a lot of our fans have been buying into it.

but not you Stevie :D