Manchester United

redrus

as for city well that's just a training game for our lads. :)

I hope United have that same, arrogant attitude next week !!

Get no arrogance from me! These games form goes out the window and results can be hard to predict.

I don't actually think that a draw would be a complete disaster for us. We'll see. Obviously if Liverpool stumble tonight it will take a lot of pressure off us.

as for city well that's just a training game for our lads. :)

I hope United have that same, arrogant attitude next week !!

Get no arrogance from me! These games form goes out the window and results can be hard to predict.

I don't actually think that a draw would be a complete disaster for us. We'll see. Obviously if Liverpool stumble tonight it will take a lot of pressure off us.

Yes Newcastle is a team i like & would like to stay in the premiership so for me a win today for them would make my weekend but i think they'll be doing well to get a draw but even that would be a great result for us.

COME ON NEWCASTLE GET IN THERE :D

I'll take another 10 Shrek-alike if they all played like Rooney, & that's not a nice way to speke about a scouse lass is it :)

I suppose I could take that remark back, if she was wearing her best Shell suit :D

:D

Don't think I need to go into the details about last night but good article from someone you wouldn't expect RE UTD.

Messi will be hard pressed to top this Ronaldo supershow

Beat that, Leo. It is going to take some display if Lionel Messi is to revise opinions at Stamford Bridge tonight. It is going to take some performance to convince those attending Manchester United’s annihilation of Arsenal that they were not already witness to the greatest player in the world.

Memories of Cristiano Ronaldo’s display at the Emirates Stadium will be hard to erase. He was masterful, compelling, unstoppable, a tour de force as a striker, operating with the wit of a winger.

To think there were once doubts about his ability to influence the biggest games. He scored twice here, an outrageous free-kick from 41 yards (to improve on his goal in open play from 39 yards in Porto), and a second which involved a precise back-heel, a lung-bursting dash from end to end, and a perfect finish. It may have been the goal of the season; indeed he could yet have that competition to himself.

There is a stellar cast supposedly lined up to replace Ronaldo in the event of his summer departure to Real Madrid, but the contenders all have one problem: they are not him.

They cannot lead the line like a centre forward, they cannot score 42 goals in one season, they are unlikely to finish top of the Premier League goalscoring table, where Ronaldo presently resides. Nor will they bury stunning free-kicks from distance like he does, either: because few players can; not even David Beckham, who was among the

awed United followers looking on in wonderment as Ronaldo ripped Arsenal apart.

Franck Ribery, the France winger tipped to leave Bayern Munich for a figure in the region of £50million, is among those linked to United, as is Kaka of AC Milan, and agents will be working like stink to facilitate this summer money-go-round.

Ribery and Kaka are certainly great players. They are not, however, the greatest player and neither is Messi, yet, because until he turns in a defining performance to propel his team to the greatest occasion in club football, the title will reside with the man in the No 7 shirt for United, who returns a for a consecutive Champions League final in Rome.

There are pretenders and challengers to Ronaldo, but none hit the heights with such consistency. Messi was shut out of Barcelona’s game with Chelsea in a manner that would not happen to Ronaldo. Not now. Those days, those disappointments, are long past.

Ribery’s name is advanced as Ronaldo’s replacement this summer and this is harmless fun, all part of football’s delicious cycle of speculation, dream teams played out in the head and over pints in the pub; but back in the real world, why would United even consider such a transaction, why him and why now?

One look at sorry Real Madrid will reveal why they fantasise over signing Ronaldo, but one look at Ronaldo will reveal why, unless Sir Alex Ferguson indulges in football’s greatest act of munificence, they have not a snowflake in hel_l’s chance of acquiring him.

This has not been Ronaldo’s best season, but only by comparison to the incredible standards he set a year ago. Any other player who had pulled his team through in the title race — Federico Macheda drew the headlines, but without Ronaldo’s goals against Aston Villa, his efforts would have been redundant — and scored vital goals in the important rounds of the Champions League against Inter Milan, Porto and now

Arsenal would be feted.

Ronaldo’s reward all season has been to have his commitment questioned and his attitude criticised. Some of this he has brought on himself, some stems from the very English sport of finding fault. Ronaldo does not like being kicked. (Who does?) Ronaldo is temperamental. (Name a truly great player who was not).

The gravest calumny, the biggest deceit, is that we would not miss him if he was gone. To be replaced by what, exactly? Another Joey Barton? Another grotesque, another thug, another honest toiler.

The problem with football is that there are not enough players like Ronaldo.There are not enough players who can be scintillating out wide one moment, terrifying through the middle the next, who can stand over a free-kick or a loose ball 40 yards for goal and have observers consider it a goalscoring opportunity, who can do what Ronaldo did to Arsenal last night and ruin them with a strike as audacious as the free-kick scored by Paul Gascoigne for Tottenham Hotspur in the 1991 FA Cup semi-final.

Martin Samuel

Well we have come good again when it matters & when will you folks get over it Ronaldo he his just the best, he silenced the bars in Liverpool last night got just love him for that :D

Looking forward to that training warm up game now on Sunday :) stroll in the park :D

Dreadful decision, i didn't even think it was a Penalty..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8035053.stm

Great result and I agree VERY harsh on Darren, he did not deserve a red card as it was not a penalty, he played the ball.

A great pity no appeal possible, BUT rules are made to be broken sometimes and if the powers agree it could and should be reversed.

BT :)

Dreadful decision, i didn't even think it was a Penalty..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8035053.stm

Agreed MS, but i have to confess that it was only after seeing a few replays that i was 100% certain an injustice had occured, so can't be too hard on the ref. What does annoy me is the system which doesn't allow for bad decisions to be rescinded. It's a nonsense and i'm sure had it been a "star" player like Ronaldo the uproar and pressure for the decision to be reversed would have been even greater. As it is i guess most fans, though respecting what Fletcher brings to European games, will not feel too unhappy to have Scholes play in the final.

Sorry guys, I'd have Fletch in there. He deserves it and, always turns up for the big games....!

"Fletch, Fletch tears Arsenal apart again. Fletch, Fletch tears Arsenal apart again".

I am gutted, as are most of my mates. I'm not upset that Scholes may start in his role, you guys know what I mean don't you...?

redrus

Just shows how much Wenger has changed, agreeing that Darren got the ball so it wasn't even a penalty quite fair of him that :)

Agreed, well done to him but, they were out, deservedly so and, they had nothing else to play for. Lets see if the same thing happened in the league game if he'd be so honest....!

redrus

Must say i was once a critic of Fletch like many utd fans were, but respected that fergy had is good reasons to stand by him & this last 2 seasons he's turned into a real workhorse for UTD & it all makes for a well balanced team.

Many fans are gutted for the lad i'm sure he'll keep is chin up & will be on the stage to help celebrate our 4th Champions league & the first ever to retain the cup :)

I'm a paid member & have shares in MUST which was set up to fight the Glazer take over,its aims are still to have the club in the fans hands one day just like the great model that Barcelona have 1 fan one vote.

They have asked me to help increase their member list with a new non paid Emember type membership, as its numbers that count big in this we don't want Liverpool to be the first club to be owned by the fans do we as its something they have now started to raise for the buyout of their club.

Anyone interested please send your e mail address or join for free online @ MUST.

Cheers

https://www.joinmust.org/join/free.php

[1] HELP TO GROW MUST - IT'S YOUR ORGANISATION

[2] WIN TICKETS TO THE LEAGUE CUP FINAL

[3] LEAGUE CUP FINAL CHUBB CLUB

[4] FREE MUST DESKTOP CALENDAR

[5] MEMBERSHIP STATUS

[1] HELP TO GROW MUST - IT'S YOUR ORGANISATION

It is the responsibility of every MUST member to help to grow our

organisation by introducing new e-members to MUST. Membership numbers

strengthen our credibility and also strengthen our position when it comes

to fundraising from advertisers and sponsors. We've already added 3,000

new members since we introduced the new free e-membership but that is a

fraction of what is possible if we all do our bit. There will be rewards

for those who introduce e-members too.

It's best to contact your friends/family directly so they accept the

invitation to join when they receive it. Send invitations here:

http://www.joinmust.org/refer

See who has referred most new e-members so far and get yourself listed on

this league table:

https://www.joinmust.org/members/referraltable.php

sorry Mali - save the politics for the General Forum :)

We have bigger things on our plate at the moment....

Always thought owning a piece of O/T would have been right up your street James no more ribbing from Mr Bo & gang :D so come on get on ya e mail account now :D

sorry Mali - save the politics for the General Forum :)

We have bigger things on our plate at the moment....

Always thought owning a piece of O/T would have been right up your street James no more ribbing from Mr Bo & gang :D so come on get on ya e mail account now :D

This is the one time that my never having been to OT will come in useful. I don't buy things I have never seen :D

From Uefa Fletch may get to play if UTD now appeal it seems a long shot but appears to be worth a try.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/8037362.stm

Also any one read about that Nigerian guy who after the game Tuesday went home & hung himself he was that upset with Arsenal loosing :D maybe it was to do with a large bet he had wagered on the outcome who knows but what a waste of a life over a game of football :)

Good News UTD fans!

This morning at 9am, the future of the red devils midfield was born here in BKK.

Training and education into winning with style will begin immediately upon his return home in the coming days.

Cheers

James

Good News UTD fans!

This morning at 9am, the future of the red devils midfield was born here in BKK.

Training and education into winning with style will begin immediately upon his return home in the coming days.

Cheers

James

Congrats James ! Tell us more........Name, weight and bootee size etc.

:)

Good News UTD fans!

Cheers

James

Congrats James ! Tell us more........Name, weight and bootee size etc.

:)

Yes Congrats James, hope Mum and son well, ps when are you taking him to O/T :D

Will buy you a beer in October,

BT

Good News UTD fans!

Cheers

James

Congrats James, will buy you a beer when next see you. :)

Good News UTD fans!

Cheers

James

Congrats James, will buy you a beer when next see you. :)

Thanks everyone, both are doing well, only thing that will make today even more enjoyable would be hammer win :D

Don't my mrs I said this.