Manchester United

redrus

james it'd also look better with some petrol and a match on it.

that 'V' reminds me of someone else's kit from years gone by though. can't quite place it.

isnt it a throwback to one of the club's orignal designs. anyways, i think (i hope) it grows on me in time.

I agree with all you say mate as per but.................,
However Rooney is too far up the pitch for me and Vidic tends to lose it occasionally.

.................., and you're trying to tell me Rooney and Keane never lost it.......... :)

You'll never get away with that mate....

redrus

Well I have always had a theory that a lot of Keanes "madness" was manufactured to wind himself up and/or the team. The altercation,for the cameras, with Aresenal's Viera in the tunnel a classic case.Deserved an Oscar. But I think we can agree that as a captain he would be a country mile in front of what is available now.Rooney with a few years under his belt may fit the bill in the future but not yet United are not the only team short of captaincy candidates The current Arsenal team is another

Benzema Would Join United Ahead Of Madrid

redissue-Thursday, 25th June 2009

L'Equipe's chief football writer Eric Bielderman, quoted in the Evening News.

"If Karim stays at Lyon then he is sure to be Lyon's regular front man and France's first-choice striker at the World Cup if we qualify. But if he goes to United and is in competition with Wayne Rooney, Dimitar Berbatov and whoever else they may buy up- front then he might lose some confidence if things are not going well as he settles into a new club, a new league and a new country for the first time in his career.

"That would probably jeopardise his international standing. It would be a big challenge for him. So leaving Lyon would be a gamble. That's his main concern. But that's not to say he is unambitious or lacking in self belief. Not at all. He is a very confident guy and very sure of himself and his qualities.

"He might consider that to take it onto the next stage, then he has to move. He had touched the very top in French football, winning the league with Lyon but last season was a bit boring for him. Lyon were not champions and he might now be tempted by a challenge and be prepared to take the World Cup risk.

"United would suit him better than Real. United are a serious club and Sir Alex Ferguson a serious manager when it comes to developing young talent. He wants to improve and I think he could do that better in United's atmosphere rather than Real's Galactico-driven new era. He'd have more capacity to take his game on and be a regular with United. It would be less of a gamble for him to go to Old Trafford rather than the Bernabeu.

"He'd also be fine in the Premier League. He's quick, skilful and clever but can also protect himself from the physical challenges. He's got the ability and adaptability to play up-front or in a wider forward position like Rooney or Thierry Henry."

redrus

Is there anyone from Thailand going down for the Malaysia v Man Utd game on the 18th July ? I see Air Asia have fairly cheap flights from Phuket but am looking for info on stadium tickets with or without hotel, any ideas lads ?

Benzema Would Join United Ahead Of Madrid

redissue-Thursday, 25th June 2009

L'Equipe's chief football writer Eric Bielderman, quoted in the Evening News.

"If Karim stays at Lyon then he is sure to be Lyon's regular front man and France's first-choice striker at the World Cup if we qualify. But if he goes to United and is in competition with Wayne Rooney, Dimitar Berbatov and whoever else they may buy up- front then he might lose some confidence if things are not going well as he settles into a new club, a new league and a new country for the first time in his career.

"That would probably jeopardise his international standing. It would be a big challenge for him. So leaving Lyon would be a gamble. That's his main concern. But that's not to say he is unambitious or lacking in self belief. Not at all. He is a very confident guy and very sure of himself and his qualities.

"He might consider that to take it onto the next stage, then he has to move. He had touched the very top in French football, winning the league with Lyon but last season was a bit boring for him. Lyon were not champions and he might now be tempted by a challenge and be prepared to take the World Cup risk.

"United would suit him better than Real. United are a serious club and Sir Alex Ferguson a serious manager when it comes to developing young talent. He wants to improve and I think he could do that better in United's atmosphere rather than Real's Galactico-driven new era. He'd have more capacity to take his game on and be a regular with United. It would be less of a gamble for him to go to Old Trafford rather than the Bernabeu.

"He'd also be fine in the Premier League. He's quick, skilful and clever but can also protect himself from the physical challenges. He's got the ability and adaptability to play up-front or in a wider forward position like Rooney or Thierry Henry."

redrus

Now that the Ronaldo deal with Real is finalised and the money is presumably in the bank we may well see some transfer activity for United. Knowing Reals performance in the past of making huge promises and not delivering it would have been a brave CEO to spend the money before they banked it.Would not be surprised if Ferguson pulls someone who has not already been linked with United, if there is such a player.I think we can assume it will not be Michael Owen

What's teh difference between Sir Alex Ferguson & Michael Jackson ???

Ferguson will still be able to play Giggs in August...

Bwahahahahahahaha :)

:D I'm sure the first of many.

I've got a Million & One already.. :D

Edited by MSingh

What's teh difference between Sir Alex Ferguson & Michael Jackson ???

Ferguson will still be able to play Giggs in August...

Bwahahahahahahaha :)

:D I'm sure the first of many.

I've got a Million & One already.. :D

Feel free to share them, there is tenious link to Michael Jackson and football as he was an honory director at Exeter City, along with Uri Gellar. :D

Feel free to share them, there is tenious link to Michael Jackson and football as he was an honory director at Exeter City, along with Uri Gellar. :D

Speaking of that Uri Gellar <deleted>, as well as bending spoons, i thought he could did <deleted> like predicting the future. Yet he was said to be shocked at Jacko's death?!

:)

Edited by rixalex

well fergie has the money but no one wants to come to them

go to them. :)

I very much doubt that is the case, and don't surprised on the 1st of July if there are several new signings in on that day.

well fergie has the money but no one wants to come to them

go to them. :)

I very much doubt that is the case, and don't surprised on the 1st of July if there are several new signings in on that day.

I'm predicting a mixed assortment Mr.T, and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

In Fergie we trust.

I like your new av by the way ....

we have giggs and ferdinand as captains and neville as club captain think we are ok.

I dont know how you can come to that conclusion. Giggs is becoming more of a part time player and Ferguson has indicated his appearances will be come less not more. Neville was injured most of the season and is now probably 4th place choice for RB after O Shea ,Brown and Rapahael. Ferdinand appears to becoming more injury prone. Don't a great team like United need a captain that is on the pitch 90% of the time? and has the drive and determination to get them going.I still contend that the captaincy cupboard is very bare indeed and its a genuine worry for Ferguson.

^

Hhhhhhhmmm, kind of agree now, a long term Captain must be sought. It is and, has been a main stay of our team, you can reel them off like top trump cards.

You may not agree with me, no-one ever did. I firmly believe that Darren Fletcher will become thee best midfielder we have and, captain of our club...................!!!!!

There you go. Neck on the line. :)

Fletch, Fletch tears Arsenal apaart again, Fletch, Fletch tears Arsenal apaart again............................

redrus

^^ Interesting. Have you always been a Fletch fan redrus or has he been a grower?

I must admit like many other United fans i wasn't too impressed with his early years but he has come on quite a bit. I'm still not entirely convinced though that he's the finished article and i have my reservations he ever will be. Do you think he'll become as important for us as a Scholes or a Keane?

^^ Interesting. Have you always been a Fletch fan redrus or has he been a grower?

I must admit like many other United fans i wasn't too impressed with his early years but he has come on quite a bit. I'm still not entirely convinced though that he's the finished article and i have my reservations he ever will be. Do you think he'll become as important for us as a Scholes or a Keane?

Yep, same with Van-Nistlerooy, I watched him in Holland when I lived there. So many were unsure about him at the start, I admit, totally different story but Fletch has shined so much recently, so much so that many said the Champions League final would have been a different story, had he been on the pitch.

I believe he has the temperement and the football nouce, as well as that Scottish guile that will see him at United for his career....!

redrus

fair shout for fletch as captain i would add rooney as a contender?

fletcher is one of the most under rated midfielders in the country if he was latin everyone woulde be creaming there pants over him.

there is a good artical in the gaurdian today about rooney wanting to play in is best position, up front and saying he can make up for ronaldos loss, hope fergie realizes that is where he plays best, 10 goals in 7 games for england does not lie.

fair shout for fletch as captain i would add rooney as a contender?

fletcher is one of the most under rated midfielders in the country if he was latin everyone woulde be creaming there pants over him.

there is a good artical in the gaurdian today about rooney wanting to play in is best position, up front and saying he can make up for ronaldos loss, hope fergie realizes that is where he plays best, 10 goals in 7 games for england does not lie.

I think many of us a are great admirers of Fletcher and more importantly Ferguson certainly is. Last year Fletcher was apparently on the brink of leaving United to get more football but was talked around by Ferguson. A lot of work in the gym over the summer added a few kilos to that rather slender frame and he now is far more aggressive on the ball and this has obviously added to his confidence. Is he ready yet for captaincy of United ? well I believe he has captained Scotland once or twice maybe a long shot but certainly in the frame. The man I thought would eventually captain United was Hargreaves, an internatioal with loads of experience in Europe, good winning mentality but his future seems to be still in limbo with his injury problems

The Daily Telegraph is suggesting that this will be new strip

park-ji-sung1_1429199c.jpg

More Here :-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...ser-images.html

And it seems Valencia from Wigan will be wearing it this season after all. Fergie is back from 3 weeks slumming it in the South of France and its expected he will be the first signing. Have a good mate who follows Wigan, and attends all home games, who tells me that Valencia will be far better player at United as he will obviously see more ball and have more chances to show his worth. Apparently he is not a drama queen and is exceptionally quick. Sounds just what the Dr ordered,heres hoping !

"Quick" I have seen many times, I want to see some bluddy accuracy with it as well.

My fingers are crossed.

:)

To add to the expectations it is expected he will be given the No 7 shirt. There are a few great players I can think of who have worn that particular number. If it all comes about Fergie must think he is the real deal.

United Sign Valencia For An Undisclosed Fee.

redissue

Tuesday, 30th June 2009

Manchester United is delighted to announce it has completed the signing of Antonio Valencia from Wigan Athletic on a four-year contract for an undisclosed fee.

The 23-year-old Ecuador international has played 34 times for his country, scoring four goals.

Sir Alex Ferguson said: "Antonio is a player we have admired for some time now, having spent the last two years in the Premier League with Wigan. I am sure his pace and ability will make a significant contribution to the team."

Antonio Valencia said: "Joining Manchester United is a dream come true for me. I have enjoyed my time at Wigan, but I am thrilled to have the chance to challenge for the biggest honours in club football here.

"Playing in front of 76,000 fans alongside players like Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand and Ryan Giggs will be an amazing experience. I can't wait to get started."

redrus