The Secrets To Happiness................Not Only In Thailand But Everywhere.

thequietman

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, happiness comes only when one can TRULY ACCEPT one's lot.

ie need only what you have.

Trying to have everything is folly, as once one has everything, a new lot of products will appear to covet.

Working in a terrible job just to be able to afford 3 big screen tvs and a new car every year is a recipe for unhappiness.

I noticed many years ago, that people with very little were often happier than those that could afford much.

Not for nothing are envy and greed sins.

Unfortunately, I only discovered this when it was too late to do anything about it, as near to retiring age; but retired early and endeavouring to enjoy my life without needing a lot of "stuff".

Thinking more about this, I tried to think of what makes me happy in my present "life", and it's:

Having something positive to show for my actions- though sometimes it makes me happy to think about getting up and doing some work, and then staying in bed.

Having a day without conflict or getting PO- which is usually only possible when I do not leave the house, or the immediate vicinity- TIT.

Can't think of much else, as at present my life is pretty limited due to having restricted funds- once I get my visa extension I'll be able to spend, spend, spend, LOL.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Happiness tonight is a cold beer, some good rock music and a bevy of beautiful women to look at.

While I appreciate that your post is "tongue in cheek" and looking at beautiful women does indeed make me happy, it usually turns to poo as soon as one actually tries to have a relationship, no matter how temporary, or long term, with said ladies.

While hormones and genetics certainly combined to drive me to attempt to find lurve, I would have been happier ( and more prosperous ) had I been castrated at puberty.

Happiness tonight is a cold beer, some good rock music and a bevy of beautiful women to look at.

While I appreciate that your post is "tongue in cheek" and looking at beautiful women does indeed make me happy, it usually turns to poo as soon as one actually tries to have a relationship, no matter how temporary, or long term, with said ladies.

While hormones and genetics certainly combined to drive me to attempt to find lurve, I would have been happier ( and more prosperous ) had I been castrated at puberty.

Ah yes, the same for many of us, but at least looking is free ;)

Besides, love can make you as unhappy as it can make you happy. Making love of course can make you ecstatic and that is a better high than happy wub.png

We could always organise a castration for you and bring you future wealth whistling.gif

Guess where I am off to in a couple of hours .......

laugh.pngw00t.gif

In a previous life, happiness for me was standing at the edge of a 500 foot hill, wind in my face, glider above my head, harness taught, looking left then right and up......run a few steps....and....flying!

Better than sex and lasts sooooooooo much longer,

(Stanwell Park NSW Australia) smile.png

You only say that because it is too late. I doubt you would agree to castration now, even though it might still save you a little grief.

One of the greatest joys one can have is a trouble and strife

SC

In a previous life, happiness for me was standing at the edge of a 500 foot hill, wind in my face, glider above my head, harness taught, looking left then right and up......run a few steps....and....flying!

Speak for yourself.

When practicing/teaching tantra techniques, no problem going 8-12 hour stints, even for an oldie like me given the right furniture.

Of course it takes a motivated partner - and that right there is a key to my kind of happiness!

The problem with life is that we are all born with a great disadvantage. That is of not knowing the future or our fate.

If only we could have been given the gift of glimpsing at the right and wrong paths to take so we had the choice ourselves, then we could have ensured our own happiness. Although we do have choices and options up to a point, we are still blind time travellers, not really knowing what’s around the next corner. In fact everything we do in life is a gamble and that’s the way it is.

So actually our happiness is determined by using common sense and mostly by luck and good fortune.

I doubt if anyone can say they are a 100% happy and would have maybe done something’s differently if they had their time again.

"2. Give up your need for control"

'thequietman' has a point with this list, and I know what he's trying to say. Today I have been offered a job that will mean I am working 6 days a week (2 part time jobs) but for nearly double the salary I've been earning the last two years. This is a huge deal for me, but I feel anxious and a little depressed about my life changing to the point where I no longer have full weekends to enjoy lazing about. But you know what? I don't control that - I have to make a choice. Happiness cannot be bought, but if I work hard for this next year I will save a lot of money. If I save a lot of money I get rid of a lot of the burden of worrying about it. Happiness is not always 100% one way or the other, sometimes it comes from compromise or a decision that makes you feel unhappy at first. If you let go of your need for control, and your fear of change, you are opening more doors in your life to the opportunity of happiness.

Yes, we are all born not knowing fate, but many wise people have said in the past that often, getting what you want is not the answer to happiness. If all your dreams came true, if everything in life worked out how you wanted it to, then you would never understand the true meaning of happiness. Happiness cannot be actively pursued or bought, it's something that exists with you all the time, and you open and close the right doors to let it in (or not). No one is happy all the time, but I do believe 'thequietman''s list will help some people to have a little more in their lives. It's not about leaving all that stuff behind, it's more about knowing that if you try to grip onto control and familiarity you are only shutting off the chance of something else happening in your life. It's a risk, but that's what happiness is, it's easy to be sad all the time.

Speak for yourself.

When practicing/teaching tantra techniques, no problem going 8-12 hour stints, even for an oldie like me given the right furniture.

Of course it takes a motivated partner - and that right there is a key to my kind of happiness!

It takes a box of lube as well.

Small detail I know but you don't want to end up with blisters on your equipment.smile.png

Speak for yourself.

Small detail I know but you don't want to end up with blisters on your equipment.smile.png

That's true, but this should last me a while.

More to the point, slowly slowly said the sloth.

Speak for yourself.

laugh.png

Ah yes, the same for many of us, but at least looking is free wink.png

Besides, love can make you as unhappy as it can make you happy. Making love of course can make you ecstatic and that is a better high than happy wub.png

We could always organise a castration for you and bring you future wealth whistling.gif

Guess where I am off to in a couple of hours .......

laugh.pngw00t.gif

Sadly, puberty was so long ago, and I am now retired, so no more money making for me. From now on it's only money spending.

Speak for yourself.

More to the point, slowly slowly said the sloth.

Might not be too long lasting with 8 partners and 8-12 hour sessions.

• Like 1

Might not be too long lasting with 8 partners and 8-12 hour sessions.

You're conflating different session profiles. The ultra-long "spiritual" ones are with a single partner only, and as I said slowly slowly.

The big-party romps are usually over within 90 minutes or so, much more active - and very very rarely more than four:one, just special occasions when the opportunity arises.

And I don't go through more than a gallon a month at the best of times.