PM Urged To Sack Official For Intimidating Judges

Lite Beer

One of the major problems in Thailand i find is the lack of respect for privacy, this terms do not seem to exist here.

Not justifying his action for giving out personal data, just saying i doubt he even understands the seriousness and consequences of for doing so.

Juristic person in any condo, will give out owners name, contact number and an address to anyone, without so much as asking for a reason or persons name(person asking)

Bingo.

Same goes for respecting patients' privacy. Think the patient file is secure? Think again.

I suppose the same menatality holds for publishing pictures of accused criminals with the coppers pointing, or publishing photos of car crashes with the mangled bodies. I've never seen another country where such invasions of privacy occur with such gusto.

• Like 1

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Distributing home-addresses of people being protested against, to an angry mob is certainly incitement to commit assault. It is a serious crime in itself, and becomes a much more serious crime if any of the judges or their familes are actually threatened, intimidated or attacked.

PTP are of course no strangers to crime, and working hard to change the legal definition of who in society is subjugate to laws, from 'everybody' (the old-fashioned outdated system) to 'everybody except our families, friends and card-carrying supporters'.

Whether or not this was a criminal act is debatable.. No threat was made against the judges. The suggestion was that if you disagree, call or write the judges and let them know. What is not debatable is that it was an idiotic act and inexcusable for a representative of the government to have been implicated in such an activity. The man should be sacked from his position immediately and he must be reprimanded and sanctioned for such behaviour. A person in a position of responsibility must not act in this manner.

Police tightens security after charter court judges receive threats

BANGKOK, 7 June 2012 (NNT) – The Metropolitan Police Bureau is deploying additional police personnel for the security of Constitution Court President Wasan Soipisut and 8 other judges, following threats made against them.

Indeed, threats were made. And they were made after Dokjik allegedly incited others to do just that against the judges, and even more reprehensibly, their families.

• Like 1

One of the major problems in Thailand i find is the lack of respect for privacy, this terms do not seem to exist here.

Not justifying his action for giving out personal data, just saying i doubt he even understands the seriousness and consequences of for doing so.

Juristic person in any condo, will give out owners name, contact number and an address to anyone, without so much as asking for a reason or persons name(person asking)

Bingo.

Now all that remains is knowing which, out of the thousands and thousands of condos in Bangkok, is the one the judge lives at...so as to inquire the information from the juristic person.

Never mind that most judges will live in a private home and thus have no juristic person.

More importantly, the issue is not so much one of whether or not private addresses and private numbers were given out publicly (they were) as it is one of the inciting violence speech that Dokjik allegedly delivered along with giving out that private information.

Edited by Buchholz

Bingo.

Now all that remains is knowing which, out of the thousands and thousands of condos in Bangkok, the one the judge live at...so as to inquire the information from the juristic person.

Never mind that most judges will live in a private home and thus have no juristic person.

More importantly, the issue is not so much one of whether or not private addresses and private numbers were given out publicly (they were) as it is one of the inciting violence speech that Dokjik allegedly delivered along with giving out that private information.

NO argument from me there, The juristic person and condo was just an example of simple things.

Only in the land of smiles, I really wonder how long this country can last like this, red thugs dressed as members of parliment giving out addresses and phone numbers of members of the judiciary who don't kow tow to the party lines, whats next? Mobs of party policy enforcers visiting the homes of every MP, judge or other public official to re-educate them at the end of a barrel or by threatening with another weapon? All that is missing is the hammer and sickle on a new national flag.

Bingo.

Wrong again. The crime committed has to do with intentions. The intentions here are clear and specifically stated by the speaker. The numbers of the judges were released with criminal intent to intimidate and threaten.

Bingo.

Wrong again. The crime committed has to do with intentions. The intentions here are clear and specifically stated by the speaker. The numbers of the judges were released with criminal intent to intimidate and threaten.

what exactly did you find wrong with my post or another poster which you quoted?

Do you not agree that privacy is not respected in Thailand?

DO you not agree that a vast majority do not even understand the problem with giving out private information?

Bingo.

what exactly did you find wrong with my post or another poster which you quoted?

Do you not agree that privacy is not respected in Thailand?

DO you not agree that a vast majority do not even understand the problem with giving out private information?

Let's say I agree with you. That in no way lessens the criminality of one who disseminates private information with the intention to cause harm to another.

Let's say I agree with you. That in no way lessens the criminality of one who disseminates private information with the intention to cause harm to another.

i never said otherwisethumbsup.gif

Bingo.

If that is the case, charges will be brought and criminal proceedings in the criminal court undertaken.

How about waiting until there are charges?

IMO it gets to the point when event like this no longer become newsworthy

Gov;t employeee says or does someone

Someone from oppostion party say he should quit / be fired / or I will sue him

PM goes shopping and says nothing

The sun rises tomorrow and we start all over again

Sounds like Thailand is suffering from groundhog day all over again

You forgot "DSI investigates, Tarit says there is no case, recommends AG not proceed."

And, "we will set up a committee to look into this".

Bingo.

If that is the case, charges will be brought and criminal proceedings in the criminal court undertaken.

Any action promoting the homecoming of DL is per definitionem "legal".

Distributing home-addresses of people being protested against, to an angry mob is certainly incitement to commit assault. It is a serious crime in itself, and becomes a much more serious crime if any of the judges or their familes are actually threatened, intimidated or attacked.

PTP are of course no strangers to crime, and working hard to change the legal definition of who in society is subjugate to laws, from 'everybody' (the old-fashioned outdated system) to 'everybody except our families, friends and card-carrying supporters'.

Whether or not this was a criminal act is debatable.. No threat was made against the judges. The suggestion was that if you disagree, call or write the judges and let them know. What is not debatable is that it was an idiotic act and inexcusable for a representative of the government to have been implicated in such an activity. The man should be sacked from his position immediately and he must be reprimanded and sanctioned for such behaviour. A person in a position of responsibility must not act in this manner.

You know it's beyond the pale with Geriatrickid and I agree.

Only in the land of smiles, I really wonder how long this country can last like this, red thugs dressed as members of parliment giving out addresses and phone numbers of members of the judiciary who don't kow tow to the party lines, whats next? Mobs of party policy enforcers visiting the homes of every MP, judge or other public official to re-educate them at the end of a barrel or by threatening with another weapon? All that is missing is the hammer and sickle on a new national flag.

Of course, it could never come to this. This is, after all, THAILAND?

Well they don't presently have the numbers to randomly kill their upper level opposition enmasse,

but they have had no problem attacking PAD encampments and causing great destruction in the past,

it's just a matter of having enough power behind them to 'make it legal',

not about the will to do so.

They have passed that threshold long ago, they are just held in check by

the 'upper levels' need for keeping up international appearances,

since international business deals go south very fast if you have

hordes of rampaging killers doing in the intelectuals and opposing

political party members at will without any repercussions.

See:

the long haul Cambodia hasn't finished walking back to a seat at the world table.

Edited by animatic

5555 -This possibility was discussed by Lew and myself, posts #11 and 12

heheheh wait until they get there charter rewrites you will have the red shirt bully boys on each soi corner enforceing the new agenda.

Sadly I can't help feeling your right. The red shirts are beginning to look just like the brown shirts of old, strange how history can repeat itself, especially when ignorant people are fed vitriol and nationalist rhetoric on a regular basis.

This lies squarely on the PM, she picked these criminals and is responsible for their actions.

To be fair,she didn't choose these losers, that honour would go to her big brother and his henchmen. The entire family should be sent to an island that is about to sink.

Bingo.

How long do you suggest we wait for charges against a thug from a government of thugs. I fear that I may be too old to see it happen. It is nice to see that you are consistent in your support though, I don't know what I would do if I ever you acknowledge that Thaksin and the crew might be capable of a misdeed.

Forget it; Thailand really has no real rule of law and is govern by gang, so how can you enforce the law

• Like 1

Whether or not this was a criminal act is debatable.. No threat was made against the judges. The suggestion was that if you disagree, call or write the judges and let them know.

I think if that was the suggestion - for people to simply call and write their disagreements - they would have been advising people to call and write via official channels. By giving out the private details of the judges and judges relatives, i think the suggestion was much more sinister: to intimidate and threaten.

What is not debatable is that it was an idiotic act and inexcusable for a representative of the government to have been implicated in such an activity. The man should be sacked from his position immediately and he must be reprimanded and sanctioned for such behaviour. A person in a position of responsibility must not act in this manner.

Spot on.

• Like 1

I agree.

It might have helped if Abhisit had taken a stronger line with those of his own party who disrupted parliament earlier.I'm not saying they weren't pushed into a corner which meant they had little option. I just think he and those responsible could have at least apologised for having to behave in that way.

On the subject of addresses does anyone have GK's. I and others keep agreeing with him I think some of us should visit him to make sure he's not ill or being forced to write these posts. laugh.png

• Like 1

The antics/statements by various appointed members of this government, to date, tells a lot about the leadership. One is inefective and the other seems to be unable to control the misfits from afar.

This sad state is not surprising, given that egotistical incompentents in charge, tend to surround themselves with like thinking people. To further screw the pooch, any intelligence could be a threat to their status/position, thus they seem to chose from the bottom of the potential brain trust pool.

Not sure what can be apealing for those supporters of this ramshackle house of government, but if it is expected to shelter the Thai people from the elements, found in Thailand, a big surprise is forthcoming. It should be condemed, demolished, and a new structure built, before more innocents are harmed.

All the talk of amendments aimed at toppling the monarchy - or not - is just so much camouflage. The real concern is that the the amendments are intended to whitewash the past shenanigans of all officials, politicians and ex-politicians - or, rather, one ex-politician in particular.

• Like 2

Forget it; Thailand really has no real rule of law and is govern by gang, so how can you enforce the law

The gang screams unfair when the junta kicks them out.

The junta screams unfair with the gang tries to throw them out.

The people scream unfair when either is in power,

which means they scream all the time in their minds,

even as they dare not scream out loud.

Edited by animatic

Whether or not this was a criminal act is debatable.. No threat was made against the judges. The suggestion was that if you disagree, call or write the judges and let them know.

I think if that was the suggestion - for people to simply call and write their disagreements - they would have been advising people to call and write via official channels. By giving out the private details of the judges and judges relatives, i think the suggestion was much more sinister: to intimidate and threaten.

What is not debatable is that it was an idiotic act and inexcusable for a representative of the government to have been implicated in such an activity. The man should be sacked from his position immediately and he must be reprimanded and sanctioned for such behaviour. A person in a position of responsibility must not act in this manner.

Spot on.

I feel funny.

The gang screams unfair when the junta kicks them out.

The junta screams unfair with the gang tries to throw them out.

The people scream unfair when either is in power,

which means they scream all the time in their minds,

even as they dare not scream out loud.

The ridiculousness of Yingluck's government is that this issue of the Red Shirt Leader, and a member of her government, who was openly intimidating the judiciary and inciting others to commit violence against their family members even needs to be "urged to be sack."

A gang of thugs running this clown show.

thumbsup.gif
  • Like 1