Darkening Of The Car Windows

albhol

You have to be a little careful with the choice of window film especially if your eyes are getting old. I have a problem that my eyes don't let as much light through as they used to.

I researched quite a lot before deciding on the film I wanted. I eventually went for Lamina Special Series L75 053. That is a pretty top of the range film and not cheap but my Isuzu Dealer got me it for a good price ... hugely cheaper than what the the local Lamina Dealer wanted.

Lamina actually have five grades of film Special - Mystery - Executive -Genius - Pop

I went for Special series L75 because although it keeps the car cool, much more than that fitted to my previous vehicle, it allows you to see out almost as well as without any film , it doesn't interfere with mobile phone signal or the Easy Pass either.

So night driving is almost the same as without film EXCEPT that I do get a tiny bit of glare from badly adjusted headlights. Of course people can still see into the car but not as much as without film.

You can get some info from luminafilms.com or visit a dealer and get a brochure. It's worth putting the effort in so that you don't have any regrets.

If you leave it to a car dealer he will just fit something from the Pop series.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You have to be a little careful with the choice of window film especially if your eyes are getting old. I have a problem that my eyes don't let as much light through as they used to.

I researched quite a lot before deciding on the film I wanted. I eventually went for Lamina Special Series L75 053. That is a pretty top of the range film and not cheap but my Isuzu Dealer got me it for a good price ... hugely cheaper than what the the local Lamina Dealer wanted.

Lamina actually have five grades of film Special - Mystery - Executive -Genius - Pop

I went for Special series L75 because although it keeps the car cool, much more than that fitted to my previous vehicle, it allows you to see out almost as well as without any film , it doesn't interfere with mobile phone signal or the Easy Pass either.

So night driving is almost the same as without film EXCEPT that I do get a tiny bit of glare from badly adjusted headlights. Of course people can still see into the car but not as much as without film.

You can get some info from luminafilms.com or visit a dealer and get a brochure. It's worth putting the effort in so that you don't have any regrets.

If you leave it to a car dealer he will just fit something from the Pop series.

luminafilms.com - this link does not point to any info re window films, but to movie films!

We had 70% on our CRV, it was a silvery color when you look from the outside. It looked great, but when we went into a carpark you couldnt hardly see anything. So we had to take it off and redo it.

The Ranger we hve is 60% on the sides and 40% at the front. The 3M logo is still on it which I only just noticed recently. As previous post, I am glad its easy to remove.

Bring on the hate!thumbsup.gif

This is a very hot subject that everyone has an opinion on, all I can say is each to their own.

That being said, TIT and you just wouldn't get away with the darker tints in other countries, that doesn't mean it's right of safe but simply if you want it you canclap2.gifclap2.gif

I went for 40% on the screen and 80% on the windows and the top part of the screenhit-the-fan.gifsorry.gif

Which in hind sight is a little too dark.

It's great during the day, not so good at night, especially when reversing.

More often then not I put the windows down to see (at night)

I would add that the front screen is fine though for me.

post-80555-0-61811300-1340606735_thumb.j

post-80555-0-13479800-1340606825_thumb.j

I ordered 20 for front screen, 40 for driver and front passenger and 60 for all rear windows

I'm trying to decide what to have done on my new vehicle and this sounds pretty good to me.

There is some information here ... use google translate

http://www.108film.com/index.php?lay=show&ac=article&Id=484996

and as before fiddle with this web site http://www.laminafilms.com/products/carfilm-special.php

Darrel .. As always you get what you pay for ... if you want to see out and keep the heat out and not bother about people looking in L75 is probably what you want ...20-40-60 sound sensible but it depends on the quality. I contacted 3M about their top quality produce ... promised that a rep would contact me .. no one did so I went for L75.

If the extra night vision stops just one little scrape it has more than paid for itself. I had it fitted to my Isuzu V-Cross. Worth all the extra money in my opinion.

As always you get what you pay for ....

Actually I'll be getting what the car dealer pays for, as it will be a freebie with a new vehicle. smile.png

So I'm prepared to take what they give me (with my choice of tint of course) and if I find in a year or so that it doesn't do the job as I want it to then I will think about having something else put on at my own expense. They have said that it will be 3M film.

It might be complicated trying to talk the dealer into putting better/different film on as they have already thrown in just about every possible option one could imagine into the deal. Perhaps I will try getting an upgrade at my expense when I get there on the day if I can communicate successfully with them. Trouble is, I don't know any more about the different films than I do about the different tints. At least I can see what the tints look like before they put them on.

Good comments though, thanks.