Mysterious

linglop

I'm mysified!

I regularly commute between Bangkok and Pattaya using the Bangkok/Chonburi motorway. Not a journey goes by without seeing a number of blue pickup trucks transporting pineapples from the direction of Pattaya to Bangkok. Nothing strange about that, but on the journey from Bangkok to Pattaya, I often see the same or similar blue pickups transporting pineapples back to Pattaya. Now why would pineapples be taken back to the region where they have been grown?

Your suggestions please.

I'm mysified!

I regularly commute between Bangkok and Pattaya using the Bangkok/Chonburi motorway. Not a journey goes by without seeing a number of blue pickup trucks transporting pineapples from the direction of Pattaya to Bangkok. Nothing strange about that, but on the journey from Bangkok to Pattaya, I often see the same or similar blue pickups transporting pineapples back to Pattaya. Now why would pineapples be taken back to the region where they have been grown?

Your suggestions please.

Past their sell by date? :o

I think this is a good question! I don't know the answer though but i'll hazard a guess. Were they shipping Chonburi pinapples to Bangkok & Phuket pinapples to Pattaya?

Phuket pinapples are a much brighter yellow/orange colour than their Chonburi/Rayong counterparts. To Taste they are sweeter and probably have the edge on taste.

I once saw Phuket pinapples being shipped by road from Trat to Bangkok, now what's all that about!?

Sav

I'm mysified!

Now why would pineapples be taken back to the region where they have been grown?

Your suggestions please.

Hmm...maybe they didn't find a customer in BKK and took them home again :o

To be serious....it's trading...trading...trading....(I suppose)

1 very large company sells millions to BKK; than the smaller buyers buy them in BKK and go with smaller quantities to local markets.

LaoPo