Mass Cheating Discovered In Enrollment Exams For Police Academy In Si Sa Ket

webfact

Seems to be a little dry rot in one or more "pillars of democracy" around here.

When application of the rule of law is weak, corruption flourishes. Bribery, kickbacks, bid rigging, and policy favors for family and cronies are well known in many countries. In these situations, those who seek enforcement of the law may face intimidation or reprisal. Democracy becomes dysfunctional when the bureaucracy, the judiciary, the legislature, the private sector, the police, and the military all use their power to enrich themselves and advance their own interests at the expense of society at large. Laws notwithstanding, corruption undermines the rule of law.

http://www.cipe.org/sites/default/files/publication-docs/081508.pdf

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A suspect, Tuenjai Phongphan, is a teacher at a high school in Si Sa Ket, while the other suspects were identified as Thanakorn and Sataphorn Wiset, Panyasak Nilphet, Somchai Kaewthong, and Siraphob Thongrabkaew, who sat the exam in place of an applicant.

Will the teacher still teach? No doubt about it, he will. They are so used to....... laugh.png

How long does 350k baht take to get versus how long does it take to study for the exam. You have to come from a rich family or other decent source of income to have that kind of money to waste.

Reading previous years papers and learning from the course books costs nothing. What a mess.

I would hazard a guess that the 350,000 bought more than just the answers to the test. I have a feeling that the money goes toward assuring a position. Step one, of course, is passing the test.

" Police said they had not committed any crime and there were no laws against what they'd done."

Surely there is. I guess what it really means is that the Daddies that paid the money in the first place were also coppers who were investigating the allegations and when the con was rumbled, they felt it was not fair their kid should suffer so they hushed it up. The perps no doubt will be reassigned to a more lucrative department; traffic?

Here's the thing. Was anyone here surprised?

Would anyone here be surprised that it happens in every police enrollment?

Or is it even news? Old news and common knowledge. And barely scratching the surface of graft and dishonesty.

It is right that condemnation is brought to bear on these cheats at the Police Academy exams but I can't help remembering that just the opposite view was shown when "alleged' video proof was provided of the family members of court judges admitting that they cheated on exams to obtain posts in the Courts. That video was pulled from You Tube under the emergency decree, various articles of the constitution and Article 112, and the whistleblower was under threat of prosecution. He is now a member of the Government.

Of course the police support red shirts and so do you, so you have to steer this topic around to unrelated topics such as yellow shirts/democrats and dig deep to find any "allegations" as you put it.

This is stunning news. I had no idea that there was an exam to insure only the most highly qualified applicants become policemen. I thought you simply paid your million baht to the right person, and bam you are a policeman with full rights to the feeding trough.. D*mn, just when I thought I had things all figured out here , turns out I was wrong. So this really is the mysterious East.......

You have it all wrong..the ones with the high scores are barred from being cops.

This is stunning news. I had no idea that there was an exam to insure only the most highly qualified applicants become policemen. I thought you simply paid your million baht to the right person, and bam you are a policeman with full rights to the feeding trough.. D*mn, just when I thought I had things all figured out here , turns out I was wrong. So this really is the mysterious East.......

You have it all wrong..the ones with the high scores are barred from being cops.

I thought the ones that didn't cheat would be barred from being cops?

I thought the ones that didn't cheat would be barred from being cops?

Absolutely....the ones that didn't cheat failed the Thai police moral turpitude test.

It is right that condemnation is brought to bear on these cheats at the Police Academy exams but I can't help remembering that just the opposite view was shown when "alleged' video proof was provided of the family members of court judges admitting that they cheated on exams to obtain posts in the Courts. That video was pulled from You Tube under the emergency decree, various articles of the constitution and Article 112, and the whistleblower was under threat of prosecution. He is now a member of the Government.

Of course the police support red shirts and so do you, so you have to steer this topic around to unrelated topics such as yellow shirts/democrats and dig deep to find any "allegations" as you put it.

As usual knee jerk reaction. Did you even read my first sentence

"It is right that condemnation is brought to bear on these cheats at the Police Academy exams".

However, I think I am allowed to bring up a similar situation where people weren't so ready to condemn these actions as a counterpoint to the discussion. Really, you don't have to dig deep to find evidence of cheating and corruption, you just have to understand it's not all one sided.

Did someone suggest it was, or was that a pre-emptive rebuttal?

In today's Bangkok Post 95 exam applicants were also identified in Chon Buri. The article went on to say that all exam cheats will be barred from re-applying for Royal Thai Police or any Civil Service job

A pic in yesterday's Thairath of some of the arrested applicants and the concealed electronic transmitters from the Chonburi arrests:

rlawpf.jpg

http://www.thairath....ewspaper/267329

In today's Bangkok Post 95 exam applicants were also identified in Chon Buri. The article went on to say that all exam cheats will be barred from re-applying for Royal Thai Police or any Civil Service job

A pic in yesterday's Thairath of some of the arrested applicants and the concealed electronic transmitters from the Chonburi arrests:

rlawpf.jpg

Scambags.

Broke for sure, most now in debt, unemployed and possibly unemployable, pilloried, put on display, named and shamed.

Ironically maybe some part of the law is working when aspiring coppers bribe existing coppers to be coppers!!!

Kinda crazy here. I would think for much less than that you could just buy the job. I have a relative who paid some 40-50k for a job in the army. These guys were probably doing the scam on the side. Thus not keeping (paying) the higher ups their fair share. Thus, they get busted.

It's well known government jobs are available for a bit of tea money.

My mind is twirling: corrupt cops arrested corrupt would-be cops, is that it? So who paid the cops to arrest the ... corrupt would-be cops? Honest would-be cops? I just can't work it out,

Anyway I am shocked and surprised by this news, who would have thought it...

• Like 1

rlawpf.jpg

Hmmm.......why are so many dressed in white t-shirts and BIB pants? Have they already bought their uniforms?

Picking out the common factor, I have decided not to trust any policemen with black hair.

......start how you mean to go on.......

Funny how you never see a poor policeman, a bit like London cabbies.

The bigger picture though is how many applicants in the past took this route, passed the exam and are now in the police force. A complete farce

Or have moved on even further up the corruption tree...?

Edited by bigbamboo

"A suspect, Tuenjai Phongphan, is a teacher at a high school in Si Sa Ket, while the other suspects were identified as Thanakorn and Sataphorn Wiset, Panyasak Nilphet, Somchai Kaewthong, and Siraphob Thongrabkaew, who sat the exam in place of an applicant.

A total of 150 applicants claim they paid the five suspects to help them pass the test. Many who failed the test were given their money back."

It's a darned shame when your own police teacher, who sits in your place of your application, fails the test.

But then again, if it was a general pass for the proper legal applicants who apply and want to follow the law by rule, nobody would pass.

So it's tea money serving tea money - how much lower can you get?

The saddest part though, is that the 'real' police officers, who represented the potential candidates, actually failed.

What do they really know about the law, asks me?

Sweet FA, and that's why they do Sweet FA, apart from pick the odd helmetless poor git who has to fork out 240Bht to the officer when the officer's lecky bill or water bill or rent bill or unifrom bill or boot cleaning bill, or laundry bill, or Tesco Lotus food bill comes in, and a few missing.

That's the perk of buying the job. You can get a Benz within 5 years of fining, after you bought one for your superior's superior.

Pure shame the superiors can't pass the exam, cos in the math department they could do much better than they presently do, and do it unnoticed too!

So thick they are that they can't even con their own developed system of conning. :(

-mel.

......start how you mean to go on.......

Funny how you never see a poor policeman, a bit like London cabbies.

The bigger picture though is how many applicants in the past took this route, passed the exam and are now in the police force. A complete farce

Or have moved on even further up the corruption tree...?

Did you know a good, hard working London Cabbie can earn 1/4 MILLION quid a year?

And that's legitimately too! ....

-mel.