Insurances Comparison

cooked

As there are regularly questions appearing about medical insurance on this forum, I thought the enclosed attachment would be of interest. I got in touch with a guy at PacificPrime and he was very helpful, although I haven't decided which Insurance I will be taking or indeed if I will be getting an insurance at all.

I mentioned in my email to him that I will be 65 in January and thta I wasn't interested in a 'cheap' insurance.

Medical Overview.pdf

Since you say that you are not interested in cheap plans, I assume that you are looking for comprehensive coverage. But I note that all the plans in the attachment is with no or limited out-patient coverage, which normally means that cancer treatment is not included since it is mostly done on an out-patient basis. From my understanding cancer treatment can be very expensive, so make sure that the policy you choose covers you for this.

Unfortunately, out-patient care normally more than doubles he premium.

Sophon

Since you say that you are not interested in cheap plans, I assume that you are looking for comprehensive coverage. But I note that all the plans in the attachment is with no or limited out-patient coverage, which normally means that cancer treatment is not included since it is mostly done on an out-patient basis. From my understanding cancer treatment can be very expensive, so make sure that the policy you choose covers you for this.

Unfortunately, out-patient care normally more than doubles he premium.

Sophon

Out-patient coverage is costly because you can just walk into the hospital and see a doctor for any complaint. In-patient coverage requires that you be admitted to the hospital by a doctor for cause. Some quality insurance plans will cover you for cancer treatment even if you don't pay for out-patient coverage. Check. Don't assume.

• Like 1

Thats high insurance. Many years ago I had Blue Cross/ Blue Shield with $10,000 DEDUCTIBLE. I never had to use it and had it for 10 years or so but it was like 25% of the cost of the normal policy. You might think of trying this now but maybe a higher deductible. A policy like this does not cover a broken arm but covers really major stuff and thats all I needed. Now I have great company insurance and I can keep it after I retire so I am set up