Stamped 100 Dollar Bills

boogiewoogie

I'd try to change them if you can. Most money traders / exchangers prefer the bills to be as pristine as possible.

I would have refused them and gone else where, it's funny how in Thailand they sometimes refuse bank notes for having something wrote on it or the slightest tear/nick and you have no chance with some of them. And don't get me going on about how many times they count and check them....bah.gif

Edited by MB1
  • Like 1

Stamping with small round stamps is commonly carried out by Vietnamese banks. You could end up with dollar notes with 5 - 10 stamps from different banks. Proves that the banks consider these notes to be genuine. Maybe there is a Vietnamese bank in Thailand that might accept these notes?

Yes, most likely will get refused in Cambodia, don't know about Malaysia.

See if you can swap them with someone on their way back to the states, or just wear the cost of exchanging them again.

Next time only accept perfect bills, just like the banks.

Stamping with small round stamps is commonly carried out by Vietnamese banks. You could end up with dollar notes with 5 - 10 stamps from different banks. Proves that the banks consider these notes to be genuine. Maybe there is a Vietnamese bank in Thailand that might accept these notes?

If this is true then I could be wrong about Cambodia refusing them, as there is so much grass-roots trade between there and VN, they may well be used to such stamps.

But don't depend on them so much you could get caught short. . .

No such thing as a "foreign bank in Thailand", what even the huge multi-nationals have to do is set up a subsidiary bank in Thailand, which company is then a Thai bank with foreign owners conducting business under that brand but legally a separate bank.

And I've never heard of such from Vietnam, I don't think their banking infrastructure has developed to that point yet.

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK

If this is true then I could be wrong about Cambodia refusing them, as there is so much grass-roots trade between there and VN, they may well be used to such stamps.

But don't depend on them so much you could get caught short. . .

No such thing as a "foreign bank in Thailand", what even the huge multi-nationals have to do is set up a subsidiary bank in Thailand, which company is then a Thai bank with foreign owners conducting business under that brand but legally a separate bank.

And I've never heard of such from Vietnam, I don't think their banking infrastructure has developed to that point yet.

The banking infrastructure in Viet Nam is excellent and much easier to get anything done than the banks in Thailand.

They are also expanding overseas.

http://asianbankingandfinance.net/markets/news/vietnamese-banks-reaching-out-nearby-markets

http://en.stockbiz.vn/News/2012/5/16/296940/vietnam-s-commercial-banks-eye-overseas-markets.aspx

The banking infrastructure in Viet Nam is excellent and much easier to get anything done than the banks in Thailand.

http://asianbankinga...-nearby-markets

http://en.stockbiz.v...as-markets.aspx

Interesting, but confirming my point that none currently have branches here to help with the OP's problem.

I'd try to change them if you can. Most money traders / exchangers prefer the bills to be as pristine as possible.

I would have refused them and gone else where, it's funny how in Thailand they sometimes refuse bank notes for having something wrote on it or the slightest tear/nick and you have no chance with some of them. And don't get me going on about how many times they count and check them....bah.gif

Or if they are a certain year; tried to change a 1000usd, but gave me 6 back, wouldn't take 2006??? So, I just went next door to the next bank....no problemo

http://asianbankinga...-nearby-markets

http://en.stockbiz.v...as-markets.aspx

Interesting, but confirming my point that none currently have branches here to help with the OP's problem.

But he's going to be spending them in Cambodia, not here.

And Malaysia. I believe he was asking for advice about the problem in advance of leaving Thailand. Otherwise if that's all he's got he'd be SOL wouldn't he?

Or if they are a certain year; tried to change a 1000usd, but gave me 6 back, wouldn't take 2006??? So, I just went next door to the next bank....no problemo

If you have any of those $1000 dollar bills left I'll exchange for you and give a small premium.;)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

And Malaysia. I believe he was asking for advice about the problem in advance of leaving Thailand. Otherwise if that's all he's got he'd be SOL wouldn't he?

But he wasn't asking about looking for branches of Vietnamese banks here was he?

And why anybody would think that a branch of a foreign bank would operate in an entirely different manner to all the local banks is beyond me.