Farcebook In Thailand

I see that Farcebook is growing massively in Thailand, with something like 10 million users. I'm concerned about the effect this will have on relationships.

I had arranged a romantic dinner with my lady, beautiful restaurant, waterfalls, moonlight, twinkling stars. Things were so chilled and perfect until she jumped like a scalded cat and rushed into a gobbledegook phone call with her pal. When I enquired what the panic was I was shusht down with a wave of her hand.

The panic? She had forgotten to feed her pig on Farmeville. She got her pal to sign in and do it for her.

Two days later she was looking miserable, 'what's wrong', said I 'my pig, it die', came the reply. 'My friend no good, she no feed correct'.

So that was two days wasted because of a virtual reality pig.

I don't like Farcebook.

Just sayin'

Lordy, I feel for you. That's the kind of conversation I might have with my 8 year old daughter smile.png Just sayin'

Nearly as bad as people stealing your Avatar on TV...................

Aye I thought I was seeing double, gerintaehim!!

I like it when my wife plays Facebook as it gives me time to focus on ThaiVisa (especially the cricket thread)

If there was no Facebook, I would have to talk to my wife all day (and she has very little to say about cricket)

• Like 1

Humm ... what is the out take from this response for you and your Lassie?

Now, since you have implied this was your Girlfriend with whom this occurred,

what it shows is a demonstrated attachment and caring nature

... a natural mothering instinct.

So maybe it's a metaphor that she wants more out of the relationship theblether.

Maybe she's hinting that a wee Scouse (or three) should be in the offering ... whistling.gif

OH ... I don't have a FaceBook account ... this place gets me into enough trouble ... ermm.gif

• Like 1

Facebook, contributing to the dumbing down of the human race since 2004. May Buddha have mercy on our souls.

If I had a similar encounter as theblether, it would have meant immediate banishment from my life for being incredibly thick, no matter how attractive she may be.

JUST SAY NO!!!!!!

Hmmm Keyser, she is very attractive as David48 can confirm, however!! You have a point. Next time she mourns a virtual pig she's getting kicked into touch.

@David48, I don't think the world can handle more baby blethers, in fact there are some people that think there is one too many already :-)

Hmmm Keyser, she is very attractive as David48 can confirm, however!! You have a point. Next time she mourns a virtual pig she's getting kicked into touch.

@David48, I don't think the world can handle more baby blethers, in fact there are some people that think there is one too many already :-)

I can indeed confirm the above point made by theblether ...

Additionally, Farce_Book makes normal sensible people do some darn crazy things.

Edited by David48

Facebook's horrible. I cut my list down to a whopping 9 friends, which is all I need to keep in touch with family and loved ones back home. Got tired of everyone posting because their kid just ate a popsicle, or they're going to the gym, or posting a photo of them waiting outside of the theater for a movie to start, etc...

Those facebook games are beyond annoying...and all the requests you get from people to play or do something for you. Luckily you can block all requests from games now.

Buy her a pet hamster or something.

You realise Blether, that you can pay money to play some of these games, to feed the pig more nutrients i suppose...So if your GF does tell you she needs money for her sick pig...she might well do

Edited by BookMan

Simple solution - I don't allow any electronic communications device to be turned on when one of my SOs is in my presence.

Same with students in my classroom, except for the school computers when that applies.

Of course such ground rules need to be established from the get go, and that's also a great way to weed out those not worthy of wasting my time on - and I'm sure the relief is mutual, works out perfectly 8-)

Humm ... what is the out take from this response for you and your Lassie?

Now, since you have implied this was your Girlfriend with whom this occurred,

what it shows is a demonstrated attachment and caring nature

... a natural mothering instinct.

So maybe it's a metaphor that she wants more out of the relationship theblether.

Maybe she's hinting that a wee Scouse (or three) should be in the offering ... whistling.gif

OH ... I don't have a FaceBook account ... this place gets me into enough trouble ... ermm.gif

what may i ask would a "wee Scouse" have to do with Blether, the pig and his "girlfriend"?

Those facebook games are beyond annoying...and all the requests you get from people to play or do something for you. Luckily you can block all requests from games now.

You realise Blether, that you can pay money to play some of these games, to feed the pig more nutrients i suppose...So if your GF does tell you she needs money for her sick pig...she might well do

At least they haven't released the game with the sick buffalo yet...........................wink.png

• Like 1

At least they haven't released the game with the sick buffalo yet...........................wink.png

Not on Facebook anyway!!

• Like 2

I don't like Facebook, I don't like friends can see other friends and this may include family, of course. I don't have any dodgy types on Facebook anyway but I dislike that aspect of it. I never play the games, can't stand them. I have an iPod Touch to play games on if I want and I certainly don't want something which requires me logging in every x hours to feed a pig :D

I think it's a relatively decent idea ruined. I like the idea of having an online contact book, I've met up with a few old timers recently and enjoyed doing so. It has it benefits but these games apps and requests make it farcical.

No like!!

Lordy, I feel for you. That's the kind of conversation I might have with my 8 year old daughter smile.png Just sayin'

Nearly as bad as people stealing your Avatar on TV...................

I will tell you this.... I will walk alone ;)

Hi Folks,

Did you read what the OP wrote?

I see that Farcebook is growing massively in Thailand, with something like 10 million users. I'm concerned about the effect this will have on relationships.

So may one ask you, what has " Facebook" got to do with this topic?

Win thumbsup.gif

I like Facebook and it has been a godsend for my wife. She is able to keep in touch with her friends all around the world. Her new classmates at university have already formed a group so they can keep each other up to date on course work and what is going on. Since they elected her head of the class it will make it easier for her contact everyone.

It is not Facebook, it is the stupidity of those who don’t know how to use it to their advantage, without letting it use them. Things like Facebook are just tools to be used.wink.png

I like Facebook and it has been a godsend for my wife. She is able to keep in touch with her friends all around the world. Her new classmates at university have already formed a group so they can keep each other up to date on course work and what is going on. Since they elected her head of the class it will make it easier for her contact everyone.

It is not Facebook, it is the stupidity of those who don’t know how to use it to their advantage, without letting it use them. Things like Facebook are just tools to be used.wink.png

Not being hypocritical, I agree with a lot of what you have said. I like the online contact list aspect of it, and I too keep in touch with friends and family all over the world with it, however!! It's being over-run by stupid apps, requests and posts.

It's eating itself alive and I predict a rapid demise, a newer sharper model will be along soon.

@kan win, well spotted.

• Like 1