Quick Phi Phi Question

Im looking at getting a hotel on Phi Phi,

have seen a place we like Phi Phi Viewpoint, the description says it overlooks a load of beach bars, is this Loh Dalum where Slinkys is ? looking at getting somewhere with nice pool overlooking the sea and will be hitting the beach bars every night so the noise is not a problem .

anyone please ?

thank you

Not trying to put the kybosh on your holiday plans but I think the average member on his forum is from middle age upwards and to recommend. somewhere to suit your needs is not a task they wish to undertake especially with the scant information about your desires.

For the record I first sailed into Phi Phi 22 years ago on my own yacht after sailing from Australia. I was then 49 years of age and relatively single.To me then it was paradise, as were all the other islands and places like Railay beach in this area. Since then it has seen the decline of it's natural beauty and innocent attraction from the onslaught of tourists, especially day trippers from Krabi and Phuket. I haven't been back for probably 15 years, not because I don't have a yacht anymore, If I really wanted to go that wouldn't be a problem but hearing reports and comments of others like myself I would rather remember it as it was in it's halcyon years.

If it is your destiny to go to Phi Phi come hell or high water especially if noise is not a problem I would suggest a travel site, this is not a recommendation, such as Trip Advisor or similar, that is if you wish to believe their stories, who cater to the mass tourism market, where Phi Phi is centred, will give you a better answer than here. Maybe Patong and save sheet loads of money would suit better.

Happy travels.

• Like 2

mate i came on here for little bit of help not for an argument or a pointless reply like that, its the Thai Visa Phuket forum, i stupidly thought would be a good place to try and ask a question about Phi Phi .... i got no doubt if you first sailed in 22 years ago the place has been destroyed in your eyes but thats not my issue my friend sorry.

and anyway 'scant information' ??? ....i asked Is Phi Phi Viewpoint hotel overlooking Loh Dalum where Slinkys is? ..... thats the most clear and direct question iv ever asked in my simple life.

in the hope there are some people old or young on here with little bit of knowledge on Phi Phi ...... anyone help with my question please ? would like to get decent hotel right amoungst all the action and Phi Phi Viewpoint looks sweet to me :)

mate i came on here for little bit of help not for an argument or a pointless reply like that, its the Thai Visa Phuket forum, i stupidly thought would be a good place to try and ask a question about Phi Phi .... i got no doubt if you first sailed in 22 years ago the place has been destroyed in your eyes but thats not my issue my friend sorry.

and anyway 'scant information' ??? ....i asked Is Phi Phi Viewpoint hotel overlooking Loh Dalum where Slinkys is? ..... thats the most clear and direct question iv ever asked in my simple life.

in the hope there are some people old or young on here with little bit of knowledge on Phi Phi ...... anyone help with my question please ? would like to get decent hotel right amoungst all the action and Phi Phi Viewpoint looks sweet to me smile.png

looks like you missed the point in his post "with the scant information about your desires"

in the hope there are some people old or young on here with little bit of knowledge on Phi Phi ...... anyone help with my question please ? would like to get decent hotel right amoungst all the action and Phi Phi Viewpoint looks sweet to me smile.png

looks like you missed the point in his post "with the scant information about your desires"

Sorry but the OP is right IMO. Not that I thought there was anything wrong with 'Sporstmans' post but the OP's desires weren't 'scant' in the slightest. He asked a very specific and straight forward question which obviously nobody knew the answer to.

Sorry but the OP is right IMO. Not that I thought there was anything wrong with 'Sporstmans' post but the OP's desires weren't 'scant' in the slightest. He asked a very specific and straight forward question which obviously nobody knew the answer to.

jesus so easy to get involved in slanging matches on forums,

but thank you mate for like backing me up so to speak, im trying my best to bite my lip honestly lol ....

very simple question but its only simple if you know the answer i suppose :) ...

[.........] i stupidly thought would be a good place to try and ask a question about Phi Phi ......

Mate. Not trying to ridicule your retort but to use your words above sums up what I was trying to convey and that was, I don't think this forum is the right place to get an honest answer to your question plain as that, and the other points of my post were possibly to explain the reason why.

[......] .i asked Is Phi Phi Viewpoint hotel overlooking Loh Dalum where Slinkys is?

My feelings only but chances of any member on this forum being able to give a real life 1st. hand description of the place, as it is now,on a scale of 1 to 10 would I guess be zero. Well they haven't exactly come out of the woodwork yet. I only remember it, that's if it's the same Viewpoint ( bungalows) as a backpackerer flop shop where you could by an ounce for 100 baht so you should be able to work out how long ago that was. The only pool was a mosquito infested foot bath out front.

[........] in the hope there are some people old or young on here with little bit of knowledge on Phi Phi.

Mate I guess there would be probably hundreds but not many would recommend it as a place for a holiday

[ ........] would like to get decent hotel right amoungst all the action and Phi Phi Viewpoint looks sweet to me smile.png

No prob. Bro, looks like you've made your own mind up anyways.

Not trying to pick a blue, just making what I feel are honest statements, and as I said b/4 and sincerely meant, happy travels.

I think if the OP was after opinions of Phi-Phi, he would of posted a line such as "what do you guys think of Phi Phi" or something like that anyway.

But he didn't.

Skipper, cut the guy some slack, he wants to go party in Phi-Phi, I don't blame him, tons of hot young foreign chicks there, really. Raring to go too. Tell you what if you and I were 25 years younger we'd be right along with him.

OP, nice hotel with pool in walking distance is Phi Phi Cabana. BR, GOM

P.S. is that you in your avatar? The look on your face is like someone barfined your girl...........ha,ha

ha yes that is me in the pic, i used my facebook login and so it does it automatically, i am the most unphotogenic person on the planet, thats me really happy and enjoying myself lol .,.. just cant smile in photos - hate the camera smile.png

anyway thats exactly the answer i was after, thank you very much, i went to phi phi last year and loved every minute of it but left the island still with absolutely no knowledge of locations and things, Phi Phi may be destroyed in some peoples eyes but for me it is perfect as im not into Thai girls and agogo bars and i cant remember seeing any on the island last year, also was blown away with the mix of nationalities that i meet.

holiday only weeks away and in wayyyy to good a mode to start arguing on here ... thank you sportman for wishing me a good time,

I took a look at the cabana and it is stunning but smashes our budget im affraid, looking for rooms like 2000 max ... will keep looking though thanks again for great help

Edited by 1927

I think if the OP was after opinions of Phi-Phi, he would of posted a line such as "what do you guys think of Phi Phi" or something like that anyway.

But he didn't.

Skipper, cut the guy some slack, he wants to go party in Phi-Phi, I don't blame him, tons of hot young foreign chicks there, really. Raring to go too. Tell you what if you and I were 25 years younger we'd be right along with him.

OP, nice hotel with pool in walking distance is Phi Phi Cabana. BR, GOM

P.S. is that you in your avatar? The look on your face is like someone barfined your girl...........ha,ha

Yeah Mate. I did some how try to give some sort of an apology whilst maintaining my beliefs and certainly agree 25 or so years ago it was the place for a young'n to hang out. I was there, it was great. Patong weren't to bad a place then either. Both have changed IMHO for the worst. With today's breaking news it reinforces my point. Seems like there's probably going to be a few bargains around. Hope it's not the same place the OP is talking about.

Canadian sisters dead in Phi Phi June 16, 2012

“There was a lot of vomit in the room, and both bodies showed similar signs [of trauma]. They had skin lesions and it seemed that they had bled from the gums. Also, their fingernails and toenails were blue,”

Lt Col Rat Somboon of Krabi Provincial Police. PG

Be careful out there, and at all times and be aware of your surrondings.

but for me it is perfect as im not into Thai girls and agogo bars and i cant remember seeing any on the island last year, also was blown away with the mix of nationalities that i meet.

Still no girlie bars, just tons of hot Swedes. thumbsup.gif

fingers crossed biggrin.png

iv just read the story you refer to, absolutely shocking, if they had eaten something then you would think a bunch of people would have got sick .. very worrying but wont let it change my plans of course, just make me bit more aware ..

I have spent a great deal of time on Phi Phi and whilst is has changed enormously over the post tsunami years it remains a terrific plase to party,I have always arrived by yacht so never had to find a room but I have seen thousands of people arrive on the morning ferries and then go and find a room, especially in low season.

I would say get there early and explore so find what you want, I wish I could make a firm reccomendation but from my experience the place is always changing however I think the Banyan and Chuk It resorts will still be operating both of which I recall been very good value,

The biggest change I noticed on my last trip last year was the increse in places on the West beach of PP Don and this is where much of the night life has moved to, there were lots of bungalow type rooms there also.

hope to be of some help/

The biggest change I noticed on my last trip last year was the increse in places on the West beach of PP Don and this is where much of the night life has moved to, there were lots of bungalow type rooms there also.

You are spot on. "Charlie" beach used to be where all the high end bungalows were, now it looks very much like a mini Koh Phangan. Very very different. It makes me feel old to say it but I much preferred it before. There's a fair bit of trouble of a night on that beach as well which never used to be the case. Somebody was stabbed a few months back. Very Ko Phangan like.

but for me it is perfect as im not into Thai girls and agogo bars and i cant remember seeing any on the island last year, also was blown away with the mix of nationalities that i meet.

Still no girlie bars, just tons of hot Swedes. thumbsup.gif

fingers crossed biggrin.png

iv just read the story you refer to, absolutely shocking, if they had eaten something then you would think a bunch of people would have got sick .. very worrying but wont let it change my plans of course, just make me bit more aware ..

Good to hear that you've read the full story as is here ........

http://www.thaivisa....thailand-hotel/

and the not too accurate press reports from various sources. You seem to have your head on straight and are aware of the risks. I wouldn't pony up an upfront booking but would rather wait until the story unfolds a little more and take it on the fly.

I'm sure there will be a vacancy which will suit your needs. if your travel plans are a few weeks away and you for any reason happen to miss out on the bucket brigade experience there, you still have the option of the full moon party on Kho Phanghan, which apparently goes for days, The same rules apply there. For me they would involve buying my own alcohol and other ingredients, red bull etc; before arriving on the island, and as much as you would feel necessary to " make your own buckets " for your anticipated stay. If you drink beer I would suspect no problem direct from the can or bottle carefully wiping the neck after it being opened in front of you. Ice should be OK as long as it's Nam kang unique in sealed bags from the supermarket as should be drinking water. Be very careful where and what you eat. Where and with the locals is usually a good guide. Be as paranoid as possible without upsetting your holiday.

Hopefully you will have a great time, I sincerely would like to hear of your experiences.

Edited by sportsman69