Thai Police Entrance Exam Cancelled Over Cheating Scandal

webfact

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OzMick: "I keep getting images in my mind of Bill Bixby as My Favourite Martian with the aerials coming out the back of his head."

In the interest of accuracy, Mick, it was Ray Walston who played 'Uncle Martin', the Martian, not Bill Bixby. See the photo following your post.

How hard can it be to pass a final exam when they are given multiple choice questions?

if they really want to work in the police force, starting to use the brain would be a good idea.....

Edited by balo

For those that continually slag the Thai's , you should not be here '''''' you all obviously have nothing nice to say about any one.

When you speak , you only voice an opinion and we all know an opinion is like your rear end , we all have one.

I'm an Ozy living here like many other's I respect the police and all those that try to make this country a better place for all. Stop being so negative in your posts 'bad news can travel half round the world before we can get our pants on , your negativity will do nothing but give some people a misguided opinion of this wonderful county and make you look like an uneducated dick.

I keep getting images in my mind of Bill Bixby as My Favourite Martian with the aerials coming out the back of his head.

Can't post a .jpg image. Anybody know the correct format for forum posting?

Sam Walston was the martian. Bill Bixby was the earthling who was keeping a secret.

found with a vibrating device that was used to indicate answers

I've heard of vibrating devices being used for many things, but this is a new one to mesmile.png

I bought my ex Girlfriend a small vibrating Device, thats why shes my EX Girlfriend ! tongue.png

found with a vibrating device that was used to indicate answers

I've heard of vibrating devices being used for many things, but this is a new one to mesmile.png

I bought my ex Girlfriend a small vibrating Device, thats why shes my EX Girlfriend ! tongue.png

Clearly she needed a bigger onecheesy.gif

How hard can it be to pass a final exam when they are given multiple choice questions?.

Obviously you have never seen one of these 'exams' they often have more than one right answer in the choices!

Although exam papers were divided into eight separate sets to prevent cheating, the gang set different codes to identify which set they were sending answers for, the source said.

Please you can do it different. Let the computer tel wich exam you will get and the fun is over.

For those that continually slag the Thai's , you should not be here '''''' you all obviously have nothing nice to say about any one.

When you speak , you only voice an opinion and we all know an opinion is like your rear end , we all have one.

I'm an Ozy living here like many other's I respect the police and all those that try to make this country a better place for all. Stop being so negative in your posts 'bad news can travel half round the world before we can get our pants on , your negativity will do nothing but give some people a misguided opinion of this wonderful county and make you look like an uneducated dick.

I think you've seen my avatar then.......

I also respect "all those that try to make this country a better place for all." But I fail to see what that observation has to do with the Thai police.

Just in case you were being serious:

]Police corruption[/b]

Various sources state that police are "corrupt" in Thailand (Thai News Service 28 Sept. 2009; Bangkok Post 15 Oct. 2009; HRW 14 Dec. 2009; US 25 Feb. 2009, Sec. 1d; Professor 11 Dec. 2009; Freedom House 2009). Research undertaken by the National Institute of Development Administration and supported by the Thailand's National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) reportedly found that police "abuse their power" by taking bribes from illegal businesses, violating police ethics, engaging in extrajudicial killings, torture and forced confessions as well as being involved in drug dealing and accepting goods and services in return for police services (Thai News Service 28 Sept. 2009). Similarly, the deputy Asia director at Human Rights Watch (HRW) states that the Thai police have "sweeping powers," use "violence and illegality to fight crimes" and have engaged in "horrendous misconduct" for which they have "rarely" been punished (HRW 14 Dec. 2009). Moreover, the Asian Legal Resource Centre (ALRC) describes the police force as the "top violator of human rights" in Thailand, saying police act with "impunity" (3 Sept. 2009). A non-governmental organization (NGO) that has general consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations (UN), the ALRC is based in Hong Kong and has worked extensively in several Asian countries, including Thailand (ALRC 3 Sept. 2009). The government of Thailand has declared that ALRC statements regarding human rights violations by the police are "unsubstantiated" (ALRC 3 Sept. 2009).

http://www.unhcr.org/refworld/topic,4565c225b,4565c25f149,4b7cee8a1e,0.html

• Like 2

Cheating and lying are just a way of life here. It could appear that it is expected and even respected when it is done and gotten away with.

Here is another laughable, as well as questionable, example of this cheating/lying , shall we say habit....

In one of the national English newspapers available here, there is a complete article on the above story of police applicants cheating. If you go to the bottom of the article there is a note for the reader to indicate thumbs up or thumbs down if you like or do not like. It then indicates when you click thumb up for liking, the number of people who like the article...... I would say it is definitely lying or cheating when you click people who 'like' with a thumbs up and the number does not go up by 'ONE' person liking the story, but rather 'TWO' people liking the article.....

It would appear to me the newspaper editors think that is shows greater numbers of people reading, which may have some bearing on the advertising fees......

Check it out yourself...

G

We could check it if you would tell us which red top you are referring to. Sounds like the Mail to me.

No one seems to have noticed how clever the gang was....I mean, it takes some brain power to be able to react to circumstances as they did.

Ironic that the gang could be (if they went sort of "straight" - ha ha) the intelligent cops of tomorrow while the examinees are clearly destined for Inspector Clousseau careers...

• Like 1

I don't know why people are amazed at this. To get any government / civil job the candidate has to stump up a big bribe. So to get into a job with an entrance exam, they either dumb down the exam to these tools intelligence standard.....

Q1 - If a Farang is always charges 1000% more than a Thai, and you extort 100 Baht out of a Thai for a made up traffic offence, how much should you extort from a Farang?

1) As much as possible

2) 500 Baht more than you declare to your bosses, which is 1500 in total

3) We don't - we take them to the police station or give them a mandatory ticket at the correct charge

4) Ummmm Potato.

.................. or you help them to cheat. These buffoons would need help with the exams anyway. Just imagine how many formers papers were filled in thus;

Name - My daddy is a Captain in the police

Age - 20 years younger than my daddy who is a captain in the police

ID card - given to me by my daddy who is a captain in the police

Education - paid for by my daddy who is a captain in the police

Experience - lots and lots because my daddy is a captain in the police ...............

• Like 2

Cheating and lying are just a way of life here. It could appear that it is expected and even respected when it is done and gotten away with.

Here is another laughable, as well as questionable, example of this cheating/lying , shall we say habit....

In one of the national English newspapers available here, there is a complete article on the above story of police applicants cheating. If you go to the bottom of the article there is a note for the reader to indicate thumbs up or thumbs down if you like or do not like. It then indicates when you click thumb up for liking, the number of people who like the article...... I would say it is definitely lying or cheating when you click people who 'like' with a thumbs up and the number does not go up by 'ONE' person liking the story, but rather 'TWO' people liking the article.....

It would appear to me the newspaper editors think that is shows greater numbers of people reading, which may have some bearing on the advertising fees......

Check it out yourself...

G

Nope, the post's works fine with me - only adds on 1 to the total when I click 'like'. Did it on 2 articles.

How hard can it be to pass a final exam when they are given multiple choice questions?

if they really want to work in the police force, starting to use the brain would be a good idea.....

There are two choices.... the right answer and the wrong answer.

Not easy when you can't tell right from wrong.

I assume all police positions have been purchased and will continue to be. Why is a position that pays 8000b so coveted? Because it's 8000b plus, plus plus. I wonder if exam scores are even a factor in hiring. Are all cops, politicians and officials in Thailand bent? I haven't seen any reason to think not. TIT

• Like 1

Check it out yourself...

G

"Cheating and lying are just a way of life here".

The tragedy of Thai corruption is that it seeps down from the top ultimately corrupting the very poorest citizens in the country. This is evidenced by 'Poo Jai Baan' and 'Or bor tor' dishing out money to villagers to buy the votes necessary to win their appointment. 'Poo Jai Baan' and 'Or bor tor' are thought to pay in excess of a years salary for the position they covert when buying the necessary votes for their appointment. Everyone knows that successful candidates will likely extort many times the cost of the villager's votes from local authority sources and local business' during their term of office. It is therefor essential to irradiate corruption at the highest level before working through the ranks to remove corruption from the Civil Service, Thai military and Thai Polices forces. The government can start this process easily by reducing the rate at which the numbers of middle ranks personnel expands. Thus reducing the number of promotional ranks available for purchase. Perhaps the best way to start would be to remove one entire rank level of insiders in one fell swoop, thus saving significant cost and breaking corrupt rank mobility with a single sweep of the knife.

I assume all police positions have been purchased and will continue to be. Why is a position that pays 8000b so coveted? Because it's 8000b plus, plus plus. I wonder if exam scores are even a factor in hiring. Are all cops, politicians and officials in Thailand bent? I haven't seen any reason to think not. TIT

I'm not sure if they're ALL bent but everyone of them I've ever met from the lowest to the highest was a drunk.