What Made You Happy Today?

pattayadingo

Sometimes the simple things in life can bring a smile to my face and a feeling of contentment.

Today I was on the upper balcony of my rented townhouse and I was watching the birds as they flew around. Some were playing the mating games with each other. Some singing quite happily. Others zipping from branch to branch or across the telephone and electric cables.

It was a simple and serene sight yet I could not help but smile and feel happy with it.

So, what made you happy today?

• Like 2

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to smile today, went for a ride down to the Cambodia border to see a friend. On the trip back stopped to stretch the legs and have a smoke. There were a few stilt type shacks at the side of the road and a guy cutting grass, From inside the grass cutter house 2 young [ maybe not so young] girls come out, walk over to look at the farang and his chopper. Usual 1/2 Thai, Lao and bits of English words are exchanged. One girl points at the house and says Leo, Leo. I think how nice they want to invite a strange farang into there house and drink the old mans beer. It was getting late and though the thought did cross my mind, I declined the offer. Got back on the bike and was about to hit the road when a small board nailed to a tree caught my eye. Some Thai writing and one word in English, karaoke. In the wilds along the Lao border this means 200 Baht short time Lao girls.

You just have to love living in Thailand. Jim

You were watching the birds mating in Pattaya ? I have to ask were these really the the winged kind ?

Wonderful sight too to see the feathered variety having so much fun with what seems like hardly a care in the world as they sing and dance.

Watching children colouring...tongues hanging out, total concentration in their own innocent world..

Children can be great to have around. Often their innocence and concentration at time like this can be a happy time :)

Getting my plaster cast off and disposing with the knitting needles to scratch that itch... smile.png

I've never had a broken bone - thankfully - but I can understand the itchy bit. You've got your knitting needle and I have one of those plastic hands on a stick to scratch the mozzie bites on my back thumbsup.gif

Congrats on getting the cast off.

....You have more faith then i do. One can only pray. id say 10 to 1 we win...

Robblok, realistic I know the change is small to beat the germans. Though a little bit of arrogance and fait can mentally help a lot to keep positive.

Sorry for the offtopic reply. Yes I'm in a hurry and in a fight with the quote tags.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect App

Getting my plaster cast off and disposing with the knitting needles to scratch that itch... smile.png

I've never had a broken bone - thankfully - but I can understand the itchy bit. You've got your knitting needle and I have one of those plastic hands on a stick to scratch the mozzie bites on my back thumbsup.gif

Congrats on getting the cast off.

giggle.gif Dipping the knitting needle into calamine lotion before sliding it down the cast was an art in itself Dingo.

How I love those plastic hands on a stick, I have had great fun over the years sharpening the claws on those, they are a tad too blunt for me.

Cheers Dingo.

My 3 year old son putting his full face helmet on half way and say 'I'm a mushroom'.

So much joy can be had from the silly things kids do and say.

Reminds me of one time out in the car and on the way back from a day out with my young son. There was a sickle moon in the clear night sky. He pointed to it and kept asking for the 'Banana' smile.png

• Like 1