90 Day Reporting - Comments And Experiences

Tywais

No processing by mail, no matter where within the Chiang Mai Immigration territory one lives. This is the interpretation cited point blank by phone yesterday. Chiang Mai Immigration is NOT processing any TM47s by mail, at least not returning any paperwork - forcing followup phone calls and the need to come in so as to report as due within the next 90 days. This news yesterday after the intermediate conversations since mid-January that mail for out-of-towners was still being honored... as spelled out on their site at http://chiangmaiimm.com/en/notification-of-staying-in-the-kingdom-over-90-days.html Regarding my first question above, the same site accepts appointments, but the earliest slot still available is May 10th... Since I don't travel overnight easily any more, looks like I'll be taking a 5:30 AM motorcycle trip over to the next valley so as to catch a songtail by 6AM, to have a chance to get to immigration in time to get paperwork done and maybe get home again 14 hours later. :-(

Well I am by no means an expert on the subject but I believe if transportation is a problem for you. Sickness or what ever a younger person can take it in for you. Surprised uptheos hasn't told you about paying to have it done. There is apparently several services that do it.

I don't need to tell him, if you read his posts carefully (which obviously you don't) he's already aware of services available, quote;

"Back to the present, and how to deal with the chaos. It is interesting to see how many are willing to farm out the process to agents. Yes - the thousand baht a year seems fair"

And besides, jackr in the post only prior to yours has already mentioned Assist.

Take the trouble to read posts before you comment!

• Like 1

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did my 90 day yesterday afternoon. One and a half hours standing. 3 minutes for processing. I give up. I have been searching right here for the name of a service that will do it for me for a fee. My eyes are now red and water filled - can someone help me with the name or phone of a service? thanks in advance

^^ I would just go with Assist and save all that hassle; can't see them introducing reporting online or making a drastic change in our favour anytime soon.

Was in there the other day; well over an hour and late in the day to boot. Just the old guy processing, sometimes 15 mins between ticket numbers. Lots of fun.

No kidding

I just had my reminder pop up on my computer works calender so I thought hmmm

good test lets see how it goes as this is the 2nd 90 day with Assist.

I wanted to see if all would go smoothly or if I would need to call etc.

But like clockwork about 5 days before it was due there it was in my email as an attachment to print out &

stick in my passport.

Really under 3 baht a day? For me it is a no-brainer

Not because I am tight on time but I rather spend it in a pool or out on a bike ride or even just sitting at home.

I just did not care much for the few times I went to the place affectionately known as the zoo.

I am sure many enjoy the process as much as I did not enjoy it.

To each their own wink.png

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

I did my 90 day yesterday afternoon. One and a half hours standing. 3 minutes for processing. I give up. I have been searching right here for the name of a service that will do it for me for a fee. My eyes are now red and water filled - can someone help me with the name or phone of a service? thanks in advance

Here they are (Assist), give em a bell.

Another solution is to just move out of CM... it's gone to s.h.1.t. whistling.gif

Here they are (Assist), give em a bell.

Another solution is to just move out of CM... it's gone to s.h.1.t. whistling.gif

I lived in Pattaya for 10 years. Chiang Mai is heaven compared to it. Thanks for the assist by the way.

NEVER spent more than 20 minutes total for our 90 day reports.

I have of course now thrown down the gauntlet to the immigration gods and may well suffer the consequences in 3 weeks when we are due to do our 37th 90 day reports.

1508595.GIF

I will report back post report!

1507622.GIF

^^ Neither had I (also in the 30s), and in fact it used to be 5 minutes tops until someone said CM was a good place to retire to and half of Burma decided to move in. Three months ago was 10-15 minutes, this time 90. You might be lucky.

NEVER spent more than 20 minutes total for our 90 day reports.

I have of course now thrown down the gauntlet to the immigration gods and may well suffer the consequences in 3 weeks when we are due to do our 37th 90 day reports.

1508595.GIF

I will report back post report!

1507622.GIF

^^ Neither had I (also in the 30s),

and in fact it used to be 5 minutes tops until someone said CM was a

good place to retire to and half of Burma decided to move in. Three

months ago was 10-15 minutes, this time 90. You might be lucky.

You guys need to leave the country more often.

Edited by mesquite

Regarding the company Assist, a couple of questions. Do you have to mail them the 90 day receipt as I would think imm would need it. Was wondering if it is possible to sign up entirely online rather than a physical visit, including bank transfer of the funds. Not lazy, just super busy with work at the moment.

Regarding the company Assist, a couple of questions. Do you have to mail them the 90 day receipt as I would think imm would need it. Was wondering if it is possible to sign up entirely online rather than a physical visit, including bank transfer of the funds. Not lazy, just super busy with work at the moment.

You know I don't know.

Also come to think of it I do not think they took my original the 1st time either.

Perhaps just a copy along with the copies they made of my passport..

If so I guess you could just mail or scan/email those to them?

I do think your main problem would be you need to sign the 4 forms that they will drop

on your behalf during the year

Although maybe you could do that by postal mail also?

Give them a call as they are very nice & easy to talk/work with.

If the Thai workers need to they will have the English man that works there

call you back.

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

Nice relaxing day today, just opened my email, 90 day report done. coffee1.gif

Yeah sure but how long did it take to get in & out of that mail eh?

Was the mail Que machine working? Did you open it before lunch or after?laugh.png

Just kidding around biggrin.png

• Like 1

Hey Uptheos,

Can you tell us a bit more about your online 90-day report? Are you talking about Assist, or something else? Please don't suggest I read this thread for the answers - 377 posts!! Thanks!

Hey Uptheos,

Can you tell us a bit more about your online 90-day report? Are you talking about Assist, or something else? Please don't suggest I read this thread for the answers - 377 posts!! Thanks!

Yes, talking about Assist, I don't think I said I do it on-line.

They scan a copy of the new 90 day report to your email, when it's done.

Hey Uptheos,

Yes, talking about Assist, I don't think I said I do it on-line.

They scan a copy of the new 90 day report to your email, when it's done.

Thank you, my friend. And for this service from Assist, you pay 1,000 baht, is that right?

I might just stop by and sign up!

Mekong Bob -the cost is 1,000 Baht and for me it's money well spent. I only have to go to immigration once a year via the very good on-line queue system, which involves 15 minutes to process the extension and about an hour waiting for the receipt......which is enough for me! There are people that seem to look forward to the opportunity of visiting immigration to 'hang out', enjoy the camaraderie, people watching etc., but I prefer to do other things.

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

I reckon most of us have a wife or gf, why not use them for this chore? rolleyes.gif

And the first time I have her do it there will be silence in the house for the next few days wondering what she did to deserve that. Not the most patient person. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Mekong Bob -the cost is 1,000 Baht and for me it's money well spent. I only have to go to immigration once a year via the very good on-line queue system, which involves 15 minutes to process the extension and about an hour waiting for the receipt......which is enough for me! There are people that seem to look forward to the opportunity of visiting immigration to 'hang out', enjoy the camaraderie, people watching etc., but I prefer to do other things.

Like cruse through Thai Visathumbsup.gif

How does Assist deal with the following?

You leave the country for a month or so and then return, thus changing the next report date.

How does the visa holder normally deal with it?

I have never left so personally do not know the procedure, but I imagine it is the same.

They offer many services ( reentry, yearly renewal, visa's assistance of course etc.)

the 90 day report is just one of them.

At only 1000 baht a year I am sure it does not include extra services

like reentry permits etc. Which is surely available for a separate fee.

AFAIK your buying their time to do 4 of your 90 day reports. If your date changed due to reentry

I imagine you would notify them & supply the new slip you now have.

Again I would suggest calling them with your particular needs as they were very easy to talk/work with.

I only have experience with the basic 90 day deal they offer & have been happy with it.

Edited by mania

Mania,

Thanks for the post and yes it looks to me Assist is ideal for those who never leave Thailand, but maybe not so good for those who travel out of the country. It looks like one would have to supply a new arrival card and new entry stamp and also notify them beforehand you were leaving the country so they did not submit the unnecessary 90 day report.

Probably a lot easier to not use them in this case, but I'll give them a call.

Mania,

Thanks for the post and yes it looks to me Assist is ideal for those who never leave Thailand, but maybe not so good for those who travel out of the country. It looks like one would have to supply a new arrival card and new entry stamp and also notify them beforehand you were leaving the country so they did not submit the unnecessary 90 day report.

Probably a lot easier to not use them in this case, but I'll give them a call.

I guess it all depends as you say on each persons situation.

I know folks in the South that pay another visa service a flat fee per year.

For that fee they get their yearly renewals done, a couple of re-entry permits each & their 90 day reports done.