Anyone Here In The 1960s?

Swelters

Hi Isan Folks:

Been in Thailand a while but just discovered this great forum.

Any fahlangs been around Isan in the 1960s? I spent a couple of years myself in the hills south of Korat, before the big US troop influx in 1964. Be interesting to exchange some memories if anyone goes back that far.

Swelters

Hi Isan Folks:

Any fahlangs been around Isan in the 1960s? I spent a couple of years myself in the hills south of Korat, before the big US troop influx in 1964. Be interesting to exchange some memories if anyone goes back that far.

Swelters

I was in Malaysia at Terendak camp in 66 and met loads of US marines on r/r. who loved Thailand

What are the differences between then and now in Isaan please as an extension to your O T ?

marshbags :o:D:D

Edited by marshbags

Hi Isan Folks:

Swelters

I was in Malaysia at Terendak camp in 66 and met loads of US marines on r/r. who loved Thailand

What are the differences between then and now in Isaan please as an extension to your O T ?

marshbags :o:D:D

We had aussies ,Kiwi,s and Brits from 16 and 18 commonwealth brigade at Terendak , serving with us on OP.Crown in Isaan at Leong Nok Tha from 1962 to 1968,I also was a patient in the US field Hospital at Korat, nignoy

In 1967-68 I worked at Camp Friendship outside Korat for Philco-Ford Corp. Then again in 1972-74 with Federal Electric Corp. I still visit Korat occasionally the last time about a year ago.

Spaniel,

I was stationed at the U.S. Army TSC-54 Satelloite Communications Station at U-Tapao RTNAB in 1971-1972 but right in the middle of my year's tour of duty, I was reposted as the last Army Site Chief of Site 50X, the Army Microwave Communications Site at Sriracha Thailand and asked to stay on until we could turn it over to Federal Electric. Were you a part of that team or did you know/remember any of the FedElectric guys posted there? It WAS a dream assignment as was U-Tapao. I lived in Pattaya the whole year as I was a 35 year old SFC E-7 at the time.

Ken Bower

Chiayaphum Thailand

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Isan Folks:

Swelters

I was with the 83rd RR SOU in Bangkok (Seri Court) 1967-1971.

I was detached to Ubon Ratchitani in 1968 and remained there until I left country in 1971.

Been married to a Ubon girl since 1970.

Looking into building a retirement home in Ubon either this year or next year. I am already retired at 59 yrs old.

In 1967-68 I worked at Camp Friendship outside Korat for Philco-Ford Corp. Then again in 1972-74 with Federal Electric Corp. I still visit Korat occasionally the last time about a year ago.

Spaniel,

Like they say, small world. I worked for Philco-Ford, mostly in Udon, from 1966-68 and then with Federal Electric from 1972-74 in Ubon, Udon and U-Tapao. I was a Installer Craftsman with Philco and a Tech Controller with FEC. I did get to visit most of the IWCS sites while I was with Philco, including a month or so at Korat.

I'm still working but wife (Thai) and I are planning on retiring in Udon if everything works out in the near future.

Hi Isan Folks:

Swelters

Hey Lad's

just came to my mind, as i havent been here that time,, actually i was just in the drawing table that time,, :o but back to topic,,,,

That time while you where here,, if any one was in the UBON,, do you guys have any pictures to share,, that would be so wonderfull for all of us who are here now...

Pls share them with us,,

My brother spent a couple of R&R's here in Thailand in the late 60's. When I told him I was going to Thailand to work, he grinned, shook his head and told me that I'd never come back to the states. He was right! LOL!