Parking For 3 Days At Phuket Airport. Ok?

everydaysthesame

That's if you can find a space.Went to pick someone up a couple of weeks ago.No room any where, mini buses double parked everywhere and eve parked on the little grass bits.Ended up driving around in circles stopping a few mins here and there.

What peed me off more is that they still tried to charge me for driving around for 20 mins when they could see there was no room what so ever to park.

I would normally just park outside and wait but this day the BIB were outside moving everyone

That's if you can find a space.Went to pick someone up a couple of weeks ago.No room any where, mini buses double parked everywhere and eve parked on the little grass bits.Ended up driving around in circles stopping a few mins here and there.

What peed me off more is that they still tried to charge me for driving around for 20 mins when they could see there was no room what so ever to park.

I would normally just park outside and wait but this day the BIB were outside moving everyone

The parking lot next door is open again. Free, you can drive all the up to the airport motorbike parking so closer to the terminal than the far away places at the regular parking. But for some reason nobody ever parks there.

The parking lot next door is open again. Free, you can drive all the up to the airport motorbike parking so closer to the terminal than the far away places at the regular parking. But for some reason nobody ever parks there.

That's good to know. Must try that next time I fly out of Phuket. (Next month)

I have never not been able to park there but how do you get into the parking next door. Is it the left turn before you turn into the airport or do you access it from the airport car park itself?

I have never not been able to park there but how do you get into the parking next door. Is it the left turn before you turn into the airport or do you access it from the airport car park itself?

Yes, the turn left before the airport parking, and then again first turn right onto the parking lot. I have only ever seen others, maximum 4 cars, parked about halfway, but drive all the way to the end myself and park on the grass in the shade of a tree. Perfect for an airport pickup, would not park there myself if the car has to be parked for a few days.

Yes, the turn left before the airport parking, and then again first turn right onto the parking lot. I have only ever seen others, maximum 4 cars, parked about halfway, but drive all the way to the end myself and park on the grass in the shade of a tree. Perfect for an airport pickup, would not park there myself if the car has to be parked for a few days.

I was just about to give an advice not to park a car under the trees. Plenty of bird bombings.

I was just about to give an advice not to park a car under the trees. Plenty of bird bombings.

Never any problems there, at least not so far smile.png. I don't recall parking there at dusk, which would be a very bad time for bird droppings, or during the night.

Edited by stevenl

You are lucky then Peter.It has happened to a couple of times.I am to fro the airport 5 or 6 times a month and you have only got to catch it at the wrong time,multiple flights leaving or arriving then add to that the BIB doing a crackdown on parking outside and you are stuffed if you need to park for a few days and your flight leaves in 90 mins time.

Most other International airports have some form of off site parking but I suppose with the taxi cartel this cartel, that cartel you could not be bused there you would have to get a taxi.

I also did not know about the place next door. I will check it out next week.Is it official parking or park and take a chance.

I also did not know about the place next door. I will check it out next week.Is it official parking or park and take a chance.

About a year ago they extended the parking lot with this lot. The plan was parking free of charge during introduction, after that a charge (cheaper than other lot). Nobody used the new lot, it closed for some time but is open again now. So no idea if it is official again yes or no.

About a year ago they extended the parking lot with this lot. The plan was parking free of charge during introduction, after that a charge (cheaper than other lot). Nobody used the new lot, it closed for some time but is open again now. So no idea if it is official again yes or no.

Cheers.I will have a look next week and find out

Never any problems there, at least not so far smile.png. I don't recall parking there at dusk, which would be a very bad time for bird droppings, or during the night.

So as it stands i can park there for a week or so free of charge. Seems surprising as you would have thought this would directly effect profit from the airport parking. Good news either way.

If you do park near the front and get blocked in it's not the end of the world. Just right the number plate on a bit of paper and take it to the desk inside, they will get them out to move pretty quickly, only ever had to wait 5 mins max.

Never experienced scratches though! Are we talking deliberate keying here? ohmy.png

If you do park near the front and get blocked in it's not the end of the world. Just right the number plate on a bit of paper and take it to the desk inside, they will get them out to move pretty quickly, only ever had to wait 5 mins max.

Never experienced scratches though! Are we talking deliberate keying here? ohmy.png

Can't you just push the cars out the way....Central Festival stylee