Storm Clouds

draggons

Those are some freaky clouds, like something out of a sci-fi flick.

It probably looks interesting in print as well.

The composition is a bit off, probably there was just too much cloud to get the shot right The only way to fix would have been to get further back (or wider lens) or try landscape format as VF suggested. But if there were issues with a distracting foreground, I can see why you went with the vertical.

I love storm shots by the way, comes from too much time on the farm back home, watching prairie thunderstorms roll in

• Like 2

Hi draggons,

Super photo really wai.gif

For me, what takes the biscuit is not how the clouds are shown, but the landscape below is shown in the fullest of both the houses, left and on the right hand side are lit up with the electric cables also running between them.

Now that is a photo that I would take to my photo printer (professional), frame it and hang it on my wall.

Thank you very much for sharing this photo with us.

And to all of you, Sorry folks, sad.png but as an indifferent landscape photographer as I am, I see it a bit different from you and like it thumbsup.gif

Win w00t.gif

• Like 1

I think in this instance it would be far less dramatic in landscape form. With a wider angle lens you could probably pull it off without losing the best part of the cloud, but in this case I think the shooter made the right decision.

One thing to try in the future when lacking a very wide (10-20mm) lens, is to take multiple shots and stitch them together afterward. There is free software for doing this.

Sent from my K1 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 2

I think in this instance it would be far less dramatic in landscape form. With a wider angle lens you could probably pull it off without losing the best part of the cloud, but in this case I think the shooter made the right decision.

One thing to try in the future when lacking a very wide (10-20mm) lens, is to take multiple shots and stitch them together afterward. There is free software for doing this.

Sent from my K1 using Thaivisa Connect App

Sure agree with you on that point 'cdnvic' and not to Hi-Jack this thread, just left a link onto one of mine taken so time back with an Oly 8080 and wide angle lens.

http://www.pbase.com.../50202037/large

Nine shots in all and near or abouts 165-170 degrees appox. All taken vertically/portrait to capture the maximum of the sunset and still keep the river in this photo.

Win smile.png

You can really shop it up too much and this one has that effect in my opinion....

Could you put the original up ??

Some dramatic changes would no doubt help it....but changing a photo radically from what your eyes see...to something more artistic I do not like....but thats just moi.

But great looking storm regardless.

• Like 1

You can really shop it up too much and this one has that effect in my opinion....

<snip>

Some dramatic changes would no doubt help it....but changing a photo radically from what your eyes see...to something more artistic I do not like....but thats just moi.

But great looking storm regardless.

Here is one of mine and shopped

large.jpg

Three shots and then used Photomatix Pro. Now this is what I call ........................

Win

• Like 1