Why Ditch An Ex'S Phone Number? It May Not Be All Bad.

That's a good story pattayadingo.

I'm friends with quite a number of ex GFs. After the break up period things can often be okay.

You get together with someone in the first place because you have things in common and a mutual attraction, so it makes sense you should get on okay down the track and be friends.

No need to ditch the numbers and change your own unless you have safety issues or are being stalked.

• Like 2

I suppose it depends whether you are in a new relationship or not.

Girls in the uk get suspicious when x GF's call same same in Thailand but more difficult to explain just freinds darling unless speaking Thai that's really understood.

Then the going out with them thing just as freinds, how will new GF react if finding out about it,infact how would boyfreind react if boot was on other foot.

Me personally would have a new number because I wouldnt want the hassle but each of us have our own way of dealing with things.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by MB1
  • Like 1

I've never changed my main number - used for business - in 13 years.

I've never used the same SIM for any two SOs, particularly the concurrent ones, even when they know about each other.

One way or another I've managed to stay in touch with those ex's where it suits both of us.

The only potential bunny-boiler was unfortunately the mother of my children, but she's settled down quite a bit now, goes on meditation retreats to the temple a few weeks a few times a year that seems to help enormously, she's really trying to learn to control herself - and of course maturing as she just naturally ages and gains wider experience, has learned I'm not so bad as she thought compared to what's out there, lately trying to worm her way back into the household, but long past that, no challenge resisting that particular temptation, can't even think it would be that great for the kids. . .

I suppose it depends whether you are in a new relationship or not.

Girls in the uk get suspicious when x GF's call same same in Thailand but more difficult to explain just freinds darling unless speaking Thai that's really understood.

Then the going out with them thing just as freinds, how will new GF react if finding out about it,infact how would boyfreind react if boot was on other foot.

Me personally would have a new number because I wouldnt want the hassle but each of us have our own way of dealing with things.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

It is about getting each to trust the other and to trust me when i say it is a friend. But I do tell any new female that I do have Thai friends and that we chat sometimes.

I've never changed my main number - used for business - in 13 years.

I've never used the same SIM for any two SOs, particularly the concurrent ones, even when they know about each other.

One way or another I've managed to stay in touch with those ex's where it suits both of us.

The only potential bunny-boiler was unfortunately the mother of my children, but she's settled down quite a bit now, goes on meditation retreats to the temple a few weeks a few times a year that seems to help enormously, she's really trying to learn to control herself - and of course maturing as she just naturally ages and gains wider experience, has learned I'm not so bad as she thought compared to what's out there, lately trying to worm her way back into the household, but long past that, no challenge resisting that particular temptation, can't even think it would be that great for the kids. . .

I can't say I blame you. It puts a different perspective on things where children are concerned. And a Boiler to boot too.

I had a woman back in the UK that I had a relationship with for a year. She still went Boiler on me after too much acrimony from her to me. i went through a lot even to the point where I was locked up in a police cell on my birthday. I had a room booked, band paid for, all the guests I wanted and a bouncer on the door in case she tried to get in. No invite for her cheesy.gif

She and her son made statements to the police, timed to have me arrested on the afternoon of my birthday. Luckily I got out quite quickly, thanks in part to a clean record and what must have looked like total shock on my face.

Turned out the Boiler even used false address on the statement. No charges made and a great party had by all.

Bunny Boilers can be dangerous. Thankfully not all ex's are like that and I'm glad to have those four good ones on my phone.

With any luck I might get one or two more good ones w00t.gif

Nice healthy post PDbiggrin.png . In fact so healthy, whats the matter with you?wai.gif

I did have a Thai girlfriend before marrying my wife and we remain great friends to this day. Partially because her luck changed and she met and married someone with more money than Iwhistling.gif .

• Like 2

Nice healthy post PDbiggrin.png . In fact so healthy, whats the matter with you?wai.gif

I did have a Thai girlfriend before marrying my wife and we remain great friends to this day. Partially because her luck changed and she met and married someone with more money than Iwhistling.gif .

She did not marry me then. I am a poor soul financially laugh.png

Great to have friendly ex's and if they turn out like these, i want more, more, more whistling.gif Think of the fun that could be had with a bit of juggling the appointments tongue.png

• Like 1

She did not marry me then. I am a poor soul financially laugh.png

Great to have friendly ex's and if they turn out like these, i want more, more, more whistling.gifThink of the fun that could be had with a bit of juggling the appointments tongue.png

Oh sir clap2.gifabsolutely!

I don't have a problem with keeping phone numbers but I'm a nightmare for losing phones, which has the same net effect.

Then you get a text from an unknown number, and when you ask who it is, they go daft because they think you've deleted them.

So that's me beat twice. Oh well.

I don't have a problem with keeping phone numbers but I'm a nightmare for losing phones, which has the same net effect.

Then you get a text from an unknown number, and when you ask who it is, they go daft because they think you've deleted them.

I have had one or two females do that to me over the years whistling.gif . 'oh sorry, i got a new phone'.

I feel very special.

It makes sense to keep their number because if you still get on you can contact them, and if you don't get on you can ignore the call (if they are not extreme stalkers who withhold their phone number).

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Better than being beaten with a sticky haggis laugh.png

Tsk Tsk Blether, why do you not connect the phone to your computer and store all those numbers on your computer? that way you would know if it is some beautiful woman contacting you to play with your Sporran blink.png

I have had one or two females do that to me over the years whistling.gif . 'oh sorry, i got a new phone'.

I feel very special.

Sensible man with a sensible excuse. Good on ya :)

• 2 weeks later...

pattaydingo - have you ever considered the fact that you need lessons in how to choose a decent girlfriend. If you are so scared of an ex that you have to change your phone number, then there is something seriously wrong with your choice of women or you are seriously paranoid and need treatment. If all your exs hassle you, then it sounds like the problem could be you and not them. Try taking a close look at yourself.

Depends on the circumstances. I do find you can sometimes revisit the sexual element of your relationship down the line but without he committment, it's like ease of being in your company sort of thing. I'd maybe keep hold unless they were a nutter and I'd be open to meeting up.

Have met up with ex-G/F that ended up married to another, older than me, farang previously down the years. Slept with her once but not more lately (conscious on her part, I think) and another ex from waaaaay back would write to me (get an email, darling :P) every now and then but can't be arsed meeting up with her

pattaydingo - have you ever considered the fact that you need lessons in how to choose a decent girlfriend. If you are so scared of an ex that you have to change your phone number, then there is something seriously wrong with your choice of women or you are seriously paranoid and need treatment. If all your exs hassle you, then it sounds like the problem could be you and not them. Try taking a close look at yourself.

<deleted> ? Where did you get that from? Can you read? Did you read what I actually wrote? I think it is you that needs a close look at yourself with that reply.

Quote ' I find that an odd thing to do unless she really is a Bunny Boiler. I have the numbers of four ex's on my phone and we keep in contact with each other. Often they are helpful and we can chat about so many things. We even sometimes arrange to meet up.'

^^^ Where did I say all my ex's hassle me?

Any woman can turn out to be a nasty scheming witch, a bunny boiler when they are dumped or a relationship ends, as others will testify. the fact I had one like that has got sweet F.A. to do with how I choose my women, more down to the women and their reaction at the termination of a relationship.

You could also note that I have said I meet with some of my ex's and that some are very helpful, so that one incident does not tar me or them with the same brush.