Lady Gaga In Hot Water Over Bangkok Concert

webfact

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another pathetic statement from the culture ministry, how about they do something about her pirated albums or is that just part of the culture?

I give you the current Thai Minister of Culture... Sukumol Kunplome.

This not a joke. This is the official photo of her on the Thai website: http://thainews.prd....ewscabinet.html

This woman should not throw stones? I think she lives in a pretty big glass house!

29.jpg

And we all know who her father in law is.

Yes, I am sure many posters are aware of the illustrious Kunplome (Kunploem) clan. She's the wifeermm.gif of Sonthaya, the son of Somchai.

see here: ex Wikipedia

Somchai Khunpluem, alternatively spelled Kunplome (Thai: สมชาย คุณปลื้ม), born 30 September 1937 in Chonburi, Thailand)[1] is a Thai politician, businessman and organized crime boss.ph34r.png [2] He is also known under his nickname "Kamnan Poh" (Thai: กำนันเป๊าะ, "village chief Poh"). He is highly influential in his home province of Chonburi and the whole Eastern region and has therefore been dubbed "Godfather of Chonburi"[1] or "Godfather of the East" by Thai media.[3] Somchai was long-term mayor of Saen Suk, Mueang Chonburi District.

Nice eh?

• Like 1

I'm sure she's quaking in her boots over this one.

I take it this brilliant move is for DOMESTIC political consumption. Oh well ...

She'll be arrested next time she enters Thailand.

So she won't come again to Thailand and/or the government will be totally different.

Lady Gaga, an easy target for any recent Thai government. What does she represent to reactionary types:

1. Promotion of full civil rights for transgendered and gay people

2. Western pop culture as opposed to "traditional" Thai culture (no foreign invaders!)

3. Sexual flamboyance, certainly differs from "traditional" Thai culture

I had some casual conversations with everyday Thai people when Lady Gaga was coming and a typical response was TING TONG. So even though she has a great fan base here, probably the majority of everyday Thai people can't relate to Lady Gaga.

Edited by Jingthing

Lady Gaga Live in Bangkok 2012 Part 10 (HD)

Unbelievable. Looked like someone GAVE her the headdress. The video cut away, but i assume she gave a wai at one point. She said really lovely things about Thailand, and if you put a short skirt on her, she was wearing about the same amount of clothes (and make up) as the average thai girl on a glam night out (and probably more than the average bar "worker"). Of course havent seen the whole things, but looks like the flag was obviously meant to be used to make her audience happy, not in any inappropriate manner.

Rather than Lady Gaga showing a negative light on Thailand, maybe those upset should consider why she would have tweeted etc the things she did. Red light districts, bargirls galore, fake designer goods. What, those things exist in Thailand? Really?

I know, I know, Thailand is what, the 30th biggest economy in the world (One above Greece ^^) but it is hardly fair to further belittle a country that is still outside the top 100 countries on the UN Human Development Index and that has a percapita GDP lower than Gaboon!

I give you the current Thai Minister of Culture... Sukumol Kunplome.

This not a joke. This is the official photo of her on the Thai website: http://thainews.prd....ewscabinet.html

This woman should not throw stones? I think she lives in a pretty big glass house!

29.jpg

Is it just me or does the Culture Ministry appear to be a bit Tom-ish? Perhaps she's just mad because she wasn't able to get into Gaga's knickers.

Let's see red white and blue,

White red and blue

Blue white and red....

France, Thailand... Oh yeah USA.

How unusual for a yank singer to have red white and blue

in banners clothes and lighting in their show..

Shockinginginging.

More hyper-ventlated nationalistic posing,

making the posers look as stupid as the news cycle is long...

Actually much longer.

Lady Gaga is unconventional looking (i mean naturally), but i think she is quite beautiful, interestingly beautiful. Im not a fan much, but i find it laughable that anyone would say shes unattractive. Maybe from guys that only like the conventional barbie doll image. Personally i find men and women who have something different, more character, much more appealing.

Keyser, as much as you'd give it your best shot, given what her ex's have looked like, do you really think she would be flattered by your attempts?

I've only got one reply. Lady Gaga without makeup: http://3.bp.blogspot...out-make-up.jpg

lol - shes a stinker in make up as well - why eles would she wear masks and get her kit off all the time ,

I dunno, but I'd still put a Thai flag over her face and give her one for the Royal Family.

Were you referring to the British Royal Family?ermm.gif

shhhhhhhh, please guys dont bring your discontentment to the attention of the thai government, can you imagine how progressed this country would be if they didnt do silly things? how poor would the exchange rate be for us, instead we should support and encourage them.

If i was star visiting/entertaining a country and they complained TWICE about my innocent/controversial to same actions, I would certainly advise that complaining country to shove what ever it was they bitched about where the sun dont shine, and post it on youtube, facebook or whatever to bring it to the attention of the world

Wrong, the flag on Lady Gaga's motorcycle is NOT the Thai flag, The flag she used has 3 stripes only with the top one blue, then white, then red, not even close to being the Thai flag.

Thailand Flag

http://www.worldatla...ia/thailand.htm

IMHO it was the Thai flag on the back of the machine, but was folded over about half way thus only showing the bottom red, white and the blue center stripe.

OR

Maybe it was this flag.post-9891-0-89559100-1339767361_thumb.jp Which country could this be?

Edited by ratcatcher

Wrong, the flag on Lady Gaga's motorcycle is NOT the Thai flag, The flag she used has 3 stripes only with the top one blue, then white, then red, not even close to being the Thai flag.

Thailand Flag

IMHO it was the Thai flag on the back of the machine, but was folded over about half way thus only showing the bottom red, white and the blue center stripe.

The Thai flag has a red stripe as its top stripe, not blue, so it is impossible for it to be the Thai flag.

shhhhhhhh, please guys dont bring your discontentment to the attention of the thai government, can you imagine how progressed this country would be if they didnt do silly things? how poor would the exchange rate be for us, instead we should support and encourage them.

If i was star visiting/entertaining a country and they complained TWICE about my innocent/controversial to same actions, I would certainly advise that complaining country to shove what ever it was they bitched about where the sun dont shine, and post it on youtube, facebook or whatever to bring it to the attention of the world

A country somewhere is missing out on acquiring the services of a star performing diplomat. laugh.png

Thailand Flag

You are quite right my friend. After looking at the video posted here that is not the Thai flag on the back of the motorbike.

Far be it for Thai government officials to recognize their own flag. Or maybe that is why they are upset, for NOT using the Thai flag?

wow, it must be s slow day at the MICT now... I guess after having exhausted the number of websites to block (already at 850,596 URLS as of April 5), the censors and PC ppl must be looking for fresh fodder, with no more topless gaming dens and songkran shenanigans in sight for another nine months....

'The ministry said the part of Lady Gaga's performance when she wore a traditional headdress and sat on a motorcycle in a skimpy outfit with a Thai flag trailing behind was "inappropriate and hurt Thai people's sentiment".'

Do they hope she will pay them a bribe to get them to drop charges? What pathetic people!

Grow up!!!!!!!!

People at the concert probably loved it.

Beano, a very appropriate comment! I am totally with you on this.

Please, please, please ..... are there not more urgent matters in Thailand at the moment than this? And who is this spineless ministry official who feels he should complain about this, and yet remain anonymous.

If you think it is so bad that you need to complain about it, then let your identity be known, so that we can all take the piss out of you....!!!

LOL. All this sound & fury! Like ANYBODY in the Thai govt gives a s##t what a bunch of farangs with too much time on THEIR hands

have to say about this or most anything. Talk about howling at the moon...

This is a Thread started in the news section of a public forum,which has the purpose of discussing news stories.

Did you expect that anybody with half a brain cell would not take this announcement as hilarious?

I am quite grateful for this juvenile kerfuffle. Hitherto I had thought that Lady Gaga was a cross dresser. You never stop learning things - unless you are a Thai Government Minister. Now back to my records (78's of course) of Bing Crosby and Al Jolson.