'Secrets Bar & Hotel' Raid Leads To American Manager's Arrest: Pattaya

webfact

Secrets Bar & Hotel Raid Leads to Foreign Manager’s Arrest

WITTAYA YENSABAI

d1.jpeg

Bangkok Crime Suppression Police Lieutenant Colonel Kwanphichai Manojaroensub files criminal charges at the Pattaya Police station on Soi 9, against Larry Grayhart after a sting operation revealed he participated in selling prostitution services.

d3.jpeg

Manager Larry Grayhart taken into custody by Bangkok Crime Suppression Police Lieutenant Colonel Kwanphichai Manojaroensub from Pattaya Secrets Bar on Walking Street.

National Police Crackdown on Human Trafficking in Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- “Pattaya Secrets” nightclub in Soi 14 Walking Street Pattaya was raided in the early morning of June 13th leading to the arrest and jailing of its manager, American national Larry Lee Grayhart, 56-years old.

Arrested with him was Pattaya Secrets “mamasan” and Thai national Ms. Chuchai Kaetsopha, 31-years old.

Thailand Crime Suppression Police Lieutenant Colonel Kwanphichai Manojaroensub led his undercover police team to raid the Secrets nightclub after being informed of alleged prostitution and possible underage girls working on the premises.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Kwanphichai and his undercover team are based at the Bangkok headquarters of the Crime Suppression Division, which is under the Command of Police General Supisarn Pakdeenaruenart.

One source close to the investigation said police were looking into allegations that a 14-year-old Thai girl working as a maid at Secrets Pattaya was impregnated by a “foreign manager” – a story not yet substantiated.

In a YouTube video with interviewer Howard Miller, his fellow British national and friend, referred to only as “Ben”, is said to be the “Proprietor” and “General Manager” of Secrets.

Ben said, “We have done everything legally and by the book.”

Howard Miller notes he himself is a frequent visitor-- confirmed by a photo of Howard Miller appearing on the wall of Secrets. Mr. Miller goes on to state to Ben, “I notice when you work mostly during the night, you are always looking around observing customers and staff.”

Ben replied, “I’m always helping to train my staff”, and added “We are offering extremely good quality at a reasonable price.”

The police report states, “Secrets nightclub offers rooms for their clients in which their female staff could do whatever the client desires until he reaches climax by mouth, hands or during sexual intercourse.”

Undercover police were told by an alleged prostitute the female staff would receive 2,000 baht while 500 baht would be used to pay for the room which the club provides, and the other 500 baht represents the bar fine.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Kwanphichai went undercover along with seven other undercover police pretending to be visitors.

One of the foreign undercover police volunteers requested suspect Number 2, Ms. Chichai, to service him, asking her about the services offered at Secrets.

Ms. Chuchai informed him that he “needs to pay 3,000 baht for sex.”

Suspect Number 1, Mr. Larry Lee Grayhart, manager of the club, was handed 3,000 baht cash, of which 1,000 baht was given to Ms. Chuchai (to pay for the room and the bar fine).

This was considered a prohibited act as Mr. Grayhart, the manager, demonstrated both his awareness of the situation and his direct involvement in the criminal action.

At this point, Police Lieutenant Colonel Kwanphichai arrested the suspects and took possession of a bag from Ms. Chuchai, along with money to be used as evidence and the receipt for Suspect Number 3 along with the room key.

The action of Mr. Grayhart is considered a criminal offense by “procuring and luring a woman to commit an obscene act for others to reach completion”.

He was in the Pattaya jail awaiting court arraignment at the time of going to press.

Suspect Number 2, Ms. Chuchai, is considered guilty of “wandering and mingling in a prostitution center.”

The two suspects were taken to the Pattaya Police station where Mr. Grayhart denied all accusations, while Ms. Chuchai admitted to all accusations.

Source: http://pattaya-times...anager-s-arrest

pattayatimeslogo.png

-- Pattaya Times 2012-06-18 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it was no secret (please excuses the pun) that this was a place ladies sold personal sevices...

Nor is it a secret that virtually every Bar and GoGo in Pattaya does likewise.

I wonder which foreign bar owner sorted that one out. Can you just imagine it? Prostitution in Pattaya... who ever would have thought it.

Bit sad for Larry, but hell, in for a penny, in for 3K Bt I guess.

LOL

• Like 1

This sort of thing always pisses off the local Pattaya police, as it is always seen as stepping on their turf, and rather messes up the protection racket if they cannot guarantee protection.

There is no way that the Bangkok police happened to stumble upon this place and found to their horror that there might be prostitution taking place. It is no different to any other of the many gogo bars in Pattaya.

They went to Pattaya with the specific aim of taking this manager down.

Who says the Pattaya police get pissed off when their city brothers come into town to do a photo-op cleanup?

Do bears shit in (their own) woods?

• Like 1

Interesting does this mean that every girlie bar every massage palour in Thailand is under scrutiny bet it is only the ones owned by farangs and not Thai's and why come all the way to Pattaya they need to clean up there own area in Bangkok first !!!!!!

• Like 2

I was checking online into there stuff a long time ago, They wer waiting for virgins who worked there (already, as they said) to start offering themselves. Could not find any age in the data but yea.. 1+1=2

Good they catch him, you can't take money without a workpermit from a guest even if this was not a crime.

He could use the gym more often at the joint, but i think he is loaded to buy himself out maybe?

Edited by TinoThailand

Interesting that it was Bangkok police who raided the bar.

The bar must be paying tea-money to the local police, otherwise they wouldn't have been in business this long.

If they had stopped paying the money, it would have been the Pattaya police who would have raided.

But this was Bangkok police.

This sort of thing always pisses off the local Pattaya police, as it is always seen as stepping on their turf, and rather messes up the protection racket if they cannot guarantee protection.

There is no way that the Bangkok police happened to stumble upon this place and found to their horror that there might be prostitution taking place. It is no different to any other of the many gogo bars in Pattaya.

They went to Pattaya with the specific aim of taking this manager down.

This generally means one thing: someone paid the Bangkok police to raid Secrets.

The manager must have made an enemy somewhere along the line.

One grumbles about the Thai police, but often it turns out that it was another Westerner who engineered this situation.

ranma

there are a few good man in BKK yes hahaha. I have seen the BKK police up to Udon Thani to check a small bar.

• Like 1

Firstly, this is no surprise, and of course everyone knows what goes on in the bars in Pattaya

The only difference is other bars and bar owners have enough brain NOT to go on local tv channel and brag about it.

Bragging about luxury villa and luxury yacht only attracts unwanted attention and consequences.

Many will note , that it was not Pattaya branch but Bangkok branch.

Lesson to bar owners, keep your mouth shut and run your business without attracting too much attention, or better yet stick to "normal" business

Firstly, I have to admit I like Larry, nice guy.

But I find it amazing that their own forum makes no mention about this, I wonder why???

Yet if you owned any other business they would normally allow people to post about these sort of things about these other businesses and these businesses usally cop a lot of unwarranted posts.

Edited by seadoo

Firstly, I have to admit I like Larry, nice guy.

But I find it amazing that their own forum makes no mention about this, I wonder why???

Yet if you owned any other business they would normally allow people to post about these sort of things about these other businesses and these businesses usally cop a lot of unwarranted posts.

It's not really surprising as their Forum is essentially (and understandably) an advertising vehicle for the bar.

• Like 1