Poll: Do You Fear Posting Because Many Posts Are Hostile?

PaullyW

Do you fear posting because many posts are hostile?  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was called a "disappointment" the other day. Does that count as a personal attack.

I was called a "disappointment" the other day. Does that count as a personal attack.

Out of context, who can say. Sounds too mild to complain about, dude!

If you knew GarryP, you'd know he is more likely to wear it as a badge of honour.

All I'm saying is that yes obviously there is plenty of hostility in posts on this forum, but there are limits in place already to control posters who actually become abusive. Of course that happens. Again, the report button is there and it works, and a poster's suggestion that the button doesn't function beggars belief. I find this entire thread silly, really, people will post as they want, there are rules already in place, if you get abused and you don't choose to use the tools in place to deal with it, that's your doing.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I 'm one of those who find that the replies are too often snide and unpleasant here. Disagreeing with someone's opinion is one thing, and it's fine, so long as there is logic and intelligence behind the words. The problem I have is that there are far too many comments that offer nothing intelligent to the thread and seem there only to be nasty or insulting.

I 'm one of those who find that the replies are too often snide and unpleasant here. Disagreeing with someone's opinion is one thing, and it's fine, so long as there is logic and intelligence behind the words. The problem I have is that there are far too many comments that offer nothing intelligent to the thread and seem there only to be nasty or insulting.

Seriously though Thommo . . . you too?

You think there are bullies on an anonymous webforum? I'm intrigued - genuinely - that you would think so.

And to repeat - I completely get aneliane's point that online bullying has caused suicides amongst teenagers, but that is ALWAYS when the victim knows the attackers and it is just an extension of real bullying done using an online medium.

There's a little group that follow their victims from thread to thread, it's bullying or stalking of some sort.

I'm not particularly bothered by it, but is certainly unpleasant and anti-social behavior.

I also find it a bit funny that two of the worst offenders come on this thread to complain about their own behaviour.

You gotta be bloody joking! IMO you are one of the most impolite posters around here, with a ME, ME, ME- attitude. With you at the moment posting about 50 posts a day, it is somekind of way hard to avoid you.sad.png May I suggest that you for a couple of days post on the Chiang Rai subforum, and if your anti-social groupies follow you there, I'll will agree you could have a stalkingcase. Slow at the farm at the moment ?coffee1.gif

Ok dad.

whistling.gif

I know..................but to be fair it did give me a chance to tell soi41, Jingthing and Aneliane that they sometimes annoy me, I'm quite chuffed at that biggrin.png

And in such a positive way too. I thought that was quite classy.

Of course, you lost me when you said 'we're not always right'.

I am.

• Like 1

Ok dad.

whistling.gif

I know..................but to be fair it did give me a chance to tell soi41, Jingthing and Aneliane that they sometimes annoy me, I'm quite chuffed at that biggrin.png

I am.

By the way, it's only been a couple of days since Aneliane requested that I put her on ignore too.......at this rate she'll be talking to herself biggrin.png

Ok dad.

whistling.gif

I am.

By the way, it's only been a couple of days since Aneliane requested that I put her on ignore too.......at this rate she'll be talking to herself biggrin.png

I suspect she just wants to get me alone...:D

• Like 1

I suspect she just wants to get me alone...biggrin.png

You have to remember that she has 4 hungry dogs to feed.........be afraid!! be very afraid!! rolleyes.gif

That's OK. I'm quite used to being torn limb from limb...tongue.png

I have that effect upon ladies myself, hardly worth mentioning. coffee1.gif

I suspect she just wants to get me alone...:D

I suspect she just likes playing at being the victim and rather enjoys it.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

No

Fear

Here.

(Perhaps grow a pair? coffee1.gif )

And women ?

We should grow "a pair" too ?

In a manner of speaking, why not?

Please tell me how do I grow a pair in a manner of speaking, somehow I have trouble picturing that

maybe he means as a manner of speaking ( bit brain dead here, can't think of the word for it).....eg "I could eat a horse" " well I'll be buggered"...."GI Jane said "suck my dk" in a manner of speaking...smile.png Lot funnier when she said though...lol .

..come on you ain't that naive or are you just being bovine and obtuse ?

Oops was that a rude comment ?....well ........me sidewisegiggle.gif