Clinic For Cleaning And Re-Dressing Wounds Pattaya Klang, Recommendations?

pattayadingo

Why don't you go to Pattaya Memorial Hospital? (take a left between 3rd and 2nd road on Pattaya Klang - it is well signposted)

I have been there several times as an outpatient for various things and found them very professional and efficient. They have all the resources there to clean and dress a wound.

It won't cost you an arm and a leg either.

Memorial hospital? Just a few meters from the junction of Klang and 2nd road, inexpensive as it is a government hospital.

Sorry, wrong, it is a private hospital, but the cheapest of the three private ones in Pattaya.

The public (government) hospital is Banglamung.

There are clinics all over the in Pattaya. I used one on Soi Bua Khao after a minor skid. 200 baht without painkillers/antibiotics(didn't want them/didn't need them). Around 30 to 50 metres north of the Oasis Gogo on Bua Khao.

Banglamung Clinic is on Pattaya Tai.

There's a Doc next to Daeng Dam on Pattaya Klang.

There is a clinic on the opposite side of the road to the old carefore Big C on Pattayaklang near the Traffic lights of Pattayaklang and 3rd road junction - I have been going there for my course of Rabies injections, and they did them for

a better price than i was quoted everywhere else. They are open for an hour at Lunchtimes, and then open in the evenings from 5pm - 8pm.

Memorial hospital? Just a few meters from the junction of Klang and 2nd road, inexpensive as it is a government hospital.

Sorry, wrong, it is a private hospital, but the cheapest of the three private ones in Pattaya.

Has this changed recently? Last time I went there for a minor injury (about 2 years ago), they would not accept my insurance as they said they were a government hospital? Might have been something lost in translation I guess...

Has this changed recently? Last time I went there for a minor injury (about 2 years ago), they would not accept my insurance as they said they were a government hospital? Might have been something lost in translation I guess...

Lost in translation, it has always been private.

Used to be a bit of a dump, but in recent years they've smartened up their act quite a bit. I've seen some very good doctors there, but I wouldn't use it for anything major, like brain or heart surgerysmile.png

The only complaint that I've heard about is their insistence in being paid in cash, even though they have facilities for Credit card payments.

This might also explain their reluctance to accept insurance.

Cash seems to be king there.

Lost in translation, it has always been private.

Used to be a bit of a dump, but in recent years they've smartened up their act quite a bit. I've seen some very good doctors there, but I wouldn't use it for anything major, like brain or heart surgerysmile.png

The only complaint that I've heard about is their insistence in being paid in cash, even though they have facilities for Credit card payments.

This might also explain their reluctance to accept insurance.

Cash seems to be king there.

Not my experience. I've had 3 operations there, all paid for with insurance without any problems

I'd like to say thanks for the replies.

Secondly when I mentioned my local m/c taxi driver i was on my way to a clinic to get my wound dressed, he offered to take me to a place he and his friends use. I accepted that. He took me to The Public Health Center on Soi Buakhao.

Soiled dressing removed, wound cleaned and re-dressed. 170 Baht. A good price as it has to be done every day on doctors instructions.

Just to keep the costs in perspective, I go daily to my local government clinic out in Pong on the Darkside to have a16cm scar and two holes in my chest cleaned and dressed. (following recent open heart surgery.)

The first visit was 30 Baht, thereafter, 20 Baht a visit.

And they do the obligatory blood pressure test for good measure....smile.png

Just to keep the costs in perspective, I go daily to my local government clinic out in Pong on the Darkside to have a16cm scar and two holes in my chest cleaned and dressed. (following recent open heart surgery.)

Cheap for me and cheaper for you. Better than some places too.

Good to see we are not always getting ripped off as people believe we are :)

I live nearby - where is this clinic in Pong?

I live nearby - where is this clinic in Pong?

Approaching the 7/11 from the direction of Magnolias, lake a left at the junction towards Siam CC golf course, and then the first right. It is a single storey, Thai style building on the corner of the turning, with ample parking areas and even a kids play area.

Just go in and register - you will need somebody Thai with you if you can't speak very well.

These clinics are all over Thailand and are built to a standard design - a sort of GP clinic, except there is not always a doctor in attendance, but there are always qualified nurses there. Can be quite busy at weekends when doctors are there.

Local Thai residents get free treatment.