Tutsi'S Bolognaise; Ground Beef At Tescos!

tutsiwarrior

everything is wrong with adding nam pla!...it's pure sodium and it stinks!...however adding a bit of anchovy to the sauce may not be a bad idea...gonna haveta try it...

gettin' ready to defrost the left over bolognaise and to boil some tagliatelle and that'll do me for the next 2 days...

and this morning here is tutsi minding his own business down the market to get some vodka and ciggies and then the shop assistant appears (a very attractive girl, not more than 19 y.o.) in an attractive new blouse that tutsi admires...and I collect my purchases and walk towards the road and then look back and there she is looking at me, evenly...I didn't know whether to apologise or to declare love and I thought about Jimi Hendrix in Manic Depression: 'manic depression is a frustratin' mess!...oh nooo!'

everything is wrong with adding nam pla!...it's pure sodium and it stinks!...however adding a bit of anchovy to the sauce may not be a bad idea...gonna haveta try it...

gettin' ready to defrost the left over bolognaise and to boil some tagliatelle and that'll do me for the next 2 days...

and this morning here is tutsi minding his own business down the market to get some vodka and ciggies and then the shop assistant appears (a very attractive girl, not more than 19 y.o.) in an attractive new blouse that tutsi admires...and I collect my purchases and walk towards the road and then look back and there she is looking at me, evenly...I didn't know whether to apologise or to declare love and I thought about Jimi Hendrix in Manic Depression: 'manic depression is a frustratin' mess!...oh nooo!'

Sure she was not shaking her head and saying to herself "These farangs are getting worse and worse....what tip did they drag that one out of?"

Sure she was not shaking her head and saying to herself "These farangs are getting worse and worse....what tip did they drag that one out of?"

quite possible...but everyone down the market loves 'ol tutsiwarrior...smile.png...hence my confusion...

plus, she is obviously a local girl and I'm probably the only falang that she has ever seen up close...the falangs on the telly nothwithstanding...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Oh you like eat buffalo, is all I would hear.

Sorry if I'm a little bit off topic here, but does anyone know where I can buy tins off corned beef. When I first came here about seven years ago you could but it in any Big C or Lotus, then about three years ago you could only buy it in Bangkok or Pattaya. Now you can't seem to buy it anywhere. Does anyone know where I can buy tins off corned beef in Bangkok?

Sorry if I'm a little bit off topic here, but does anyone know where I can buy tins off corned beef. When I first came here about seven years ago you could but it in any Big C or Lotus, then about three years ago you could only buy it in Bangkok or Pattaya. Now you can't seem to buy it anywhere. Does anyone know where I can buy tins off corned beef in Bangkok?

Can you make it clear - do you want to buy tins OF corned beef or corned beef that's gone OFF (either way haven't a clue, maybe try Rimping if you have one nearby).

Can you make it clear - do you want to buy tins OF corned beef or corned beef that's gone OFF (either way haven't a clue, maybe try Rimping if you have one nearby).

Sysardman. I don't know what you mean by rimping, the tins of corned beef I mean were imported from Argentina, and cost about 190 Baht per tin until the last couple of years, you could buy them at Tops, or maybe Villa in Bangkok.

goodonya TW..we use hand chopped pork as the wifey is allergic to beef..wife ( and me now )make Thai style... very spicy but with the same basics ..kaffir lime leaves instead of bay leaf..soy sauce, oyster sauce brown sugar red wine or Thai whiskey..ton of fresh chillies, little red onion thingies,ton of garlic and reg' onion..yadda yadda. Can vary with clams or... too!

I try to remember to make some no-knead bread to make garlic bread but usually too drunk with the Thai whiskey/red wine sampling..lol

Note: with addition of a bunch of ketchup plus plus.... to leftover sauce... makes great BBQ sauce!

Don't think you can know how old the ground stuff is in Tesco..probably better to use wet market beef and chop or grind yourself per the way I think Italians do it...?

post-36430-0-68523500-1340588943_thumb.j

Must try the anchovy. I always throw in a couple spoonfuls of instant coffee, more to adjust colour than for flavour, a trick taught to me by an Italian mama many moons ago.

Sysardman. I don't know what you mean by rimping, the tins of corned beef I mean were imported from Argentina, and cost about 190 Baht per tin until the last couple of years, you could buy them at Tops, or maybe Villa in Bangkok.

Sorry about that, wasn't thinking - RimPing is a supermarket and have a few branches is Chiang Mai but possibly not anywhere else. They stock lots of imported stuff and hard to get stuff that other places don't. Perhaps there's an equivalent where you live, I know there's a small supermarket in our Chinatown that also stock imported food (western and asian).

never seen no corned beef in the local supermarkets here in Suphanburi but there are hundreds of varieties of tuna and sardines...

flexibility is the clue...(the evil step daughter observes: 'whattaya doin' with that tuna, tutsi?' tutsi: 'tuna salad with mayo, want some?' step daughter: 'ewww, smells like shit!'...'I'll kill ye, ye little bitch!'...'yew stay away, ye falang bastid, I'm 9 months pregnant!'...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

goodonya TW..we use hand chopped pork as the wifey is allergic to beef..wife ( and me now )make Thai style... very spicy but with the same basics ..kaffir lime leaves instead of bay leaf..soy sauce, oyster sauce brown sugar red wine or Thai whiskey..ton of fresh chillies, little red onion thingies,ton of garlic and reg' onion..yadda yadda. Can vary with clams or... too!

I try to remember to make some no-knead bread to make garlic bread but usually too drunk with the Thai whiskey/red wine sampling..lol

Note: with addition of a bunch of ketchup plus plus.... to leftover sauce... makes great BBQ sauce!

Don't think you can know how old the ground stuff is in Tesco..probably better to use wet market beef and chop or grind yourself per the way I think Italians do it...?

How come you don't have all those pots what everyone else , I have seen around , has that fit into each other ? 900bhat and a life time guarantee , and easy under sink packing .

that sauce looks good...(and yer wife is very beautiful, btw)...never seen no beef down the local market and the ground beef at the local tescos was a surprise as it was only recently available in steaks...

• 3 weeks later...

How come you don't have all those pots what everyone else , I have seen around , has that fit into each other ? 900bhat and a life time guarantee , and easy under sink packing .

lol...all pots stack don't they??? Not sure what your asking, are you talking about the stacked food for monks thingy s...?

We have a pot and lid cage/rack drawer for ours which we only use for the lids.because good ss pots are big face in Thailand so we have to store in glass cupboards for all to see...lol.

Think someone said "life is too short to buy cheap pots" well maybe it was wine but thin pots take an age to get hot..those in the pic are copper bottomed my man from Hudson Bay Co Canada .....on 50% off sale at $99.99.....3000+ bt.and three beaver skins the set..lol.

Think they are guaranteed to break tiles/toes if dropped....

What I want to know is how to store all those bloody plastic containers and lids ,,,ours are indeed in a beautiful pile in the corner under the counter..no room under the sink as two buckets for rice.

Can't believe I am typing all this boring sh..t about bloody pots!!...lol

lol...all pots stack don't they??? Not sure what your asking, are you talking about the stacked food for monks thingy s...?

We have a pot and lid cage/rack drawer for ours which we only use for the lids.because good ss pots are big face in Thailand so we have to store in glass cupboards for all to see...lol.

Think someone said "life is too short to buy cheap pots" well maybe it was wine but thin pots take an age to get hot..those in the pic are copper bottomed my man from Hudson Bay Co Canada .....on 50% off sale at $99.99.....3000+ bt.and three beaver skins the set..lol.

What I want to know is how to store all those bloody plastic containers and lids ,,,ours are indeed in a beautiful pile in the corner under the counter..no room under the sink as two buckets for rice.

We've got a big jar of the most smelly pa la under the sink with the pots , like a set of Russian dolls .

Today I made a sauce from an old can of Portuegese smoked choricos . I made it in a medium sized pot . So , I skinned the sausages and mashed them up a bit and then added them to the garlic and onions (I did pour out about half a pint oil as they cooked ) as you would ground beef , or mince . Then I added two cans of tomatoes and cooked for a bit .

Then my son rolled in with some wee cousins and I served them a plate , and they didn't like it . Here I am with a medium sized pot of smokey sauce heaven and diabetes and no one else likes it . I will just have to sneak it onto the bairns toasted cheese sandwiches .

We've got a big jar of the most smelly pa la under the sink with the pots , like a set of Russian dolls .

Today I made a sauce from an old can of Portuegese smoked choricos . I made it in a medium sized pot . So , I skinned the sausages and mashed them up a bit and then added them to the garlic and onions (I did pour out about half a pint oil as they cooked ) as you would ground beef , or mince . Then I added two cans of tomatoes and cooked for a bit .

Then my son rolled in with some wee cousins and I served them a plate , and they didn't like it . Here I am with a medium sized pot of smokey sauce heaven and diabetes and no one else likes it . I will just have to sneak it onto the bairns toasted cheese sandwiches .

sounds like a great sauce but it's not the sauce that messes with yer blood sugar (unless you add a lot of sugar like some recipes indicate, ick), it's the pasta...I usually pop an extra metformin or two when I chose to indulge...

try the kids with 'sloppy joes' sauce over toast or ideally hamburger buns if you can get 'em...kids in the US love it...

^

That is the trick , I make my own bread up country , whole grain flour with some added dried out flowers/seeds from the old sweet basil bush in the yard , takes about three hours in the bread machine . It is aromatic and salty , the bairns love it with butter and jam , or with the old leftover sauces and a bit of cheese .

The tin of choricos had been sitting on the shelf for well over a year , you get 6 smoked picante pork sausages preseved in oil , the oil is really good for deep fying , waste nothing eh , still got two left , any guid ideas ?