While doing a run a couple of days ago saw two guys being sent back to get stamp in stamp out from Cambo side. Don't know if it was a genuine mistake on their part or a try for a quick turn round.

Posting this because I've seen a few people asking if you really need to go for the in/out after you get the stick in visa.

To get a new entry into Thailand (note: talking about Visa Runners to neighboring Country's to Thailand) as a Foreigner, you must first leave Thailand (Thai exit stamp) and then enter into another country (with a valid Visa and/or entry stamp) leave that country (valid exit stamp) and then you can officially reenter Thailand again.

Just having a visa for that "another" country and not doing the exit and return routine doesn't qualify for getting a Thai entry stamp, you must actual leave Thailand and must have been in another country for this be able to work.

Edit: // Spelling

Edited by MJCM

That was my reason for the post. I've seen posts on TV where some have suggested that once you stamp out you have technically left Thailand.

As you say you must enter and leave another country prior to re-entry.

Never seen it in print but accept that it exists somewhere.