Quick Q Re Uk Visa Payment At Vfs

Hey all,

My GF is off to Bangkok tomorrow to submit her documents for her UK visa application. Her friend told her she can get a bankers cheque near the VFS office easily....is this correct in anyones experience?

Her app to hand in the documents is at 9am Monday so it is cutting it a bit fine im worried.

I presume she cant pay cash at the desk? The website didnt say so mind.

So yeah if anyone has any experience paying for a UK visa app on the day i would welcome the advice!

Regards.

The bank is on the ground floor, the 'agents' are on the second floor.

They wont say they are from VFS, but will offer to 'check' her application. They will then find 'something wrong' which they can 'fix', for a fee of course.

Tell her to ignore them.

If she is in the UK visa application centre there will be signs saying so and the staff will be in uniform. No signs, no uniforms; she is not in the UKVAC and the person talking to her is not VFS staff.

regarding the bankers cheque. Is it just as simple as drawing money out of an ATM, giving the money to the bank and they give you a check? Or does it need to be transferred electronically to them?

thinking about applying for a visitors visa.

thanks

Edited by Pillion

regarding the bankers cheque. Is it just as simple as drawing money out of an ATM, giving the money to the bank and they give you a check? Or does it need to be transferred electronically to them?

thinking about applying for a visitors visa.

thanks

Give them the cash and the bank will

give you the draft, most branches of Bank of Ayudaya [spelling?] don't charge a fee.

I don't there is even the facility for electronic transfers to get a cheque.